Used to go to nightclubs every Friday and Saturday night, living the paycheck to paycheck club lifestyle

>Used to go to nightclubs every Friday and Saturday night, living the paycheck to paycheck club lifestyle
>30 years old now, haven't been to a club in 5 years
>Young fag at work's birthday, says we're all going bar and club crawling
>Ok
>Go to most popular "super clubbing" venue in my city
>Get hand stamped, they say "$20"
>Look at sign, it's $20 to get in. What the fuck
>Pay because everyone else is inside, walk in and can barely see through all the fog and laser lights
>Immediately assaulted by the sound of dubstep shit
>Topless girl on stage "DJing", audience is just hundreds of drugged out 20 year old kids screaming at the top of their lungs
>Niggers and shit skins everywhere looking for drunk/drugged girls to take advantage of
>Literally feel my heart about to explode from the feeling of being unsafe
>6'7" bouncer storms past and nearly shoves me over, grabs a drunk Asian guy by the neck and drags him out. Asian guy was just standing there doing nothing
>Indian comes up to me and offers me LSD
>Walk out and just go home

What the fuck happened to the club scene, Sup Forums? Holy fuck, it's like being in a war zone now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sG_iXJpVAGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ive never been to a club, and dont intend to. I have bad anxiety about even going to concerts. And clubs just seem even more a douchebaggy place where people with no hobbies or passions go to get drunk and grind on others. Your experience sounds traumatizing

go to some underground clubs m8

thispartysucks.jpg

I went to a club once and it sucked

glad im missing out to be desu

As someone that gets dragged to a club at least once a month I still don't see the appeal.
The music is shit, if the music isn't shit it's still too loud to enjoy, everyone's sweaty and drunk, drinks cost too much but you still have to pay to get in, the strobes are fucking annoying, and girls travel in packs so if you try to approach one the others drag her away.
At least smoking isn't allowed in clubs any more, before you'd end up blind, deaf and suffocating, now at least you don't suffocate.
Am I missing something?

sounds like you need to pull the dick out of your ass and relax a little

you are getting old

I do relax
at pubs and bars; clubs ain't for me I guess

>clubbing in america or australia

Not even once. Their club culture is fucking garbage.

Same with their festivals too.

australia is significantly better than pardnerstan

What was the club scene like when you were younger? I'm curious. I'm 19 and in Finland the legal age for clubs and drinking is 18. Your description of clubs is exactly what I have been feeling about clubs lately. It mostly just makes you regret it afterwards.

sure it is

youtube.com/watch?v=sG_iXJpVAGY

not talking about shitty edm festivals m8
talking about proper clubs and festivals
why the fuck is Sup Forums so clueless when it comes to dance music

>why the fuck is Sup Forums so clueless when it comes to dance music

I can only call it as I see it, sorry. I've toured in Oz 5 or 6 times, from festivals to clubs. There's a couple of good clubs (TBC in Brisbane, Brown Alley in Melbourne etc) but it really is on a par with what's left in the US imo. That being there are small pockets of good nights but great big swathes of trash, which make going there a chore rather than a pleasure.

The ones fighting aren't Australians, they are Leb/Muslim scum.

I don't care what people say about muh right to be here, if you act like that and praise Allah, then gtfo.

Brown Alley is a shithole, as for Brisbane their club culture is shit. Sydney is undergoing some kind of underground rave revival due to their recent lockout laws. I also make assumptions about cities based on my personal experiences but as someone who lives in Melbourne I'd say that our club culture has seen a dramatic shift in the last few years - for the better. I'd say you didn't spend enough time or were directed to the right places, which comes with a touring schedule. Our festivals though, by and large, aren't great bar an increasing ten or so. Meredith, Falls, Paradise and Jungle Love all come to mind. I think the hugely the popular shitstain festivals that essentially operate similarly to the club in OPs story are dying out at a really satisfying rate.

Tldr: I can understand why you think Australia's clubs are shit as a tourist

I'd also like to add that the huge swathes of shit clubs you mentioned only exist within the CBD or upper class suburbs. Go anywhere else in Melbourne and you'll find decent venues.

took the words right out of my mouth

I'm almost exactly the same. Usually just drink in pubs now. And i do that a lot less than i use to. Don't mind dubstep myself though. Also have a feeling cubs were just as aggressive back in the day (oh god i said it).But we were more involved in it. Also, for me drug taking was a huge part of club culture. Not so much LSD, more MDMA. But still, doesn't sound massively different. (i'm from Scotland btw).

Although i will say "superclubs" are always shit.

mfw police shut down the arches.

Where did you play?

>Brown Alley
>good

In its defence, apparently 2007 A Year In Music went off and I could not imagine a better venue for something so novelty. First time I went to Brown Alley I paid $40 for a Slugabed ticket and walked out immediately

lol those half-assed kicks

sounds like you need to get your dicc in something anmom :^)

The secret raves in sydney are amazing. you gotta know people tho to know the locations because they are not on private land (or land owned by any organizers)

went to a warehouse party like 2 months ago, was mental
paste this onto the end of facebook url if you wanna look
/Anomalyevents/videos/979682355419493/

it was only 2011 5 years ago, that shit was all happening just as much back then

This. Dubstep was more of a thing in 2011 than it is now too.