Apple Music is better than Spotify and Tidal

>has almost everything
>everything it doesn't have you can download yourself, and add to your iCloud and access anywhere, a feature Spotify and Tidal lack

Why don't you use Apple Music?

why the fuck would you use apple

Learn to torrent

Nowhere in the post did I imply I don't know how to torrent. Have fun with your autism and countless hours spent tagging mp3s in the year 2016.

>high-capacity microsd cards cheaper than ever
>not just using local playback

Unless you're a moron who bought an iPhone.

cant scrobble on android

You're failing to realize that it's 2016 and most people don't want to spend all of that time downloading and tagging music anymore.

Google Play Music

> countless hours spent tagging mp3s in the year 2016.

Wat

>it's 2016 and most people don't want to spend all of that time downloading and tagging music anymore.

Wat again

> current year meme

> All that time

> tagging

Lol wat. You don't have 10 minutes to download a whole discography?

And tagging, what do you even mean? You think I use eDonkey or something?

this

Because that would require me to update my iphone software, and from what I've heard that would turn my old phone to junk.

Fuck Apple!

...and the same's true for Tidal, sadly. I'd like to try it, but I don't want to ruin my phone.

Most music I download is tagged better than streaming, especially classical.

How much do Apple Music and Google Play pay the artists? I've heard Tidal's relatively good for that and Spotify's relatively bad, but what about the others?

Streaming is for normie casuals t b h. It's like the least effort you have to listen to music. Downloaded files at least give you some collection credibility, but every faggot can stream (in shitty quality anyway).

as long as you know your apple id email, password and passcode, then you will be fine

As someone who listens to predominantly /bleep/, they lack a lot of what I listen to.

I tried. It specifically said I need ios 8.something. Damn shame.

Don't worry he's just speaking neckbeard.

deezer is pretty OK too

Considering how appalling iTunes is I can't believe that for a minute

>Has almost everything
>Everything it doesn't have you can download yourself, add it to your library and access anywhere, a feature Spotify and Tidal lack.
>Supports FLAC
>Upload up to 50,000 songs

Why don't you use Google Music?

Streaming fucking sucks
>Lacks music
>Need to use Wi-Fi or 3g for this shit to work
And don't fucking say to me
>But you can Download the music :^)
Then why did i even use this shitty app when i could've downloaded before

costs money, would rather download

You don't have to subscribe. You can just use your library. It's a good way of being able to access your music anywhere with an internet connection.

you know what else has everything for free? youtube, piratebay, soundcloud. the list goes on.

Apple Music pays like $0.0022 per track Spotify pays $0.0020 or something similar.

Then why some album not uploaded to Spotify? is it just because the "free tier" in spotify?

Some artists don't want people to be able to listen to their music on a "freemium" service like Taylor Swift. Some artists like Radiohead disagree with their business model and don't need the money so they tell them too bad. Some artists are under contract to only release on certain services (usually Tidal).

Yeah i use it user. Poor student. Can add downloads for stuff it doesn't have. Plus at least contributing something to artists each time I listen.
Since i got it been able to loads of new music for cheap while still giving something to artists. Probably listened to about 50 new albums this year (atleast partially) and have kept around 40 to listen to again.

Also if you have an iPhone it integrates perfectly with iTunes.

Great service.

This, Google play music is infinitely better than Apple music.

Google play music is superior though. It has all those features and youtube red for free with it. I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than apple music too.

Remember how Apple Music uploaded original songs some guy made to their servers then deleted the initial copies from his laptop and now they have the legal rights to them?

Great service.

Literally erases music off your computer

Never done that to me.

This. Just use Apple Music for streaming music already there, don't put your shit in it's folders.

>youtube
lmao

I do use it. It's great. Only downside is no built in scrobbling so I have to use some third party QuietScrob shit which is fucking awful.

Because my cell phone carrier plan gives me Spotify Premium and let's me use its' streaming feature without charging me for the data used and I know how to use the internet to download what's lacking and put it on my phone.

because it's better to have a varied ecosystem in music distribution.

why

You can listen to almost anything as long as you have an internet connection and as long as you download the album, you don't even need a connection.

The real question is this (but none of you actually play music so you don't even consider it):

How much does it pay the artists?

Not knocking down GPM , but that's pretty much the defining trait of ALL streaming services.

Literally been talked about lots ITT
I play.

I use i t as want to listen to a lot of music but can't afford to buy every album. At least this way the artist is getting stuff. Still occasionally torrent etc but if i like something (streaming or torrent) end up buying it down the line. Or going to a live show. There are other ways to support artists.

>the artist is getting stuff

hahahaha yeah fucking right. I'd much rather someone just spend $10 on my album than listen to tracks off of it literally 4500 times on a shitty streaming service.

Enjoy spending hundreds of dollars on music that is literally free through torrents. You fucking idiot its good you like to waste money.

Life Advice: Take advantage of EVERYTHING.

But that isn't the choice. The choice is get something or nothing. Album sales were diving long before streaming services. This returns at least some income to artists. People will torrent anyway. And this way you get more income.. And like i said can go to live shows/buy merchandise to support as well.

Google Play Music All Access has all those things + free YouTube Red, which I hated at first but I'm starting to like.

It's pretty good but the widget is shit and it does not have a built in id3 tag editor so no

Is YouTube good then after all? What's good about it now?

>Hours spent tagging

F R E E D B
R
E
E
D

B

I like it mostly for the playlists.

YouTube Red is pretty OK. It gets rid of ads entirely, but I use AdBlock anyway, so...meh. It also allows you to freely save videos for offline viewing, and allows you to listen to a YouTube video with your phone's screen off. So if a song isn't on Play Music, it's probably on YouTube, where you can listen to it anyway. And if it's not on YouTube, you can find it and upload it to your Google Play library yourself. Basically, there's no reason you should ever not be able to listen to a song via Play Music or YouTube Red.

Theres been plenty of stuff that Ive gotten of sharethreads that have been tagged like shit.

you can upload flac files

This too, you get like 500 Gigabytes of free online storage

Not to mention Youtube Red comes with it

Thanks.

No problem.

>downloading stuff from sharethreads
lol