Vinyl hauls

I started my vinyl collection today, shit is expensive here in Australia.
Post your recent hauls or favourite records.

Forgot the best pickup.

STOP BUYING VINYL

SHIT HAS BEEN STUPID FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS

FUCK YOU HIPSTER FAGGOTS

So many fucking reissues

lol

And?

You just went out and spent way too much money on a bunch of meme vinyl. You're a fucking idiot that knows nothing about listening to music.

Have you ever been this mad about what someone else chose to spend their own money on.

Shut up faggot you need to understand how fucking dumb buying vinyl records is. I bet you think they sound better, and "it's all about the experience MAN"

Not really, I mostly just like the collection/display aspect since I pirate all my music.

Just let him spend his money how he wants to why does this matter so much to you autist

try living in mississippi where the closest store is in fucking new orleans so you have to pay 7 dollar shipping fees just to get a fucking single lp FUCK

>buying rap on vinyl

Because I'm a professional musician and retards buying vinyl directly impacts my livelihood. You idiots don't understand how much the industry loves selling you discs of oil for $20+, or how it creates a market where idiotic listeners demand their favorite artists sell a product with practically zero profit margin.

Then spend the money on having high quality prints of the art made and framed you fucking pretentious twat

And how exactly would that help musicians..?

Does every guy with garage band call himself a professional musician now?

>making music to make money and not for the passion of music
jewish confirmed
>professional musician
whatever you say mate

Buying vinyl is the WORST WAY to "help musicians" you ignorant pleb. It literally costs upwards of $10 to just MANUFACTURE a single LP. The artist is making significantly less profit from vinyl sales than CDs - or hey, god forbid they make their music available digitally so that practically all of the money they get from fans is profit.

hurrr durrr

What the fuck do you think all of your favorite artists are doing, faggot? As if there's not some in between where people that love making music also can make a living off of it. Goddamn Sup Forums is ignorant.

>>>>professional musician

You clueless spastics buying 180g reissues that are (in terms of audio) essentially large CDs need to be drowned. You are exponents of the most asinine elements of blind, self-serving consumerism.

yea maybe if they're making records 1 at a time

>Buying vinyl is the WORST WAY to "help musicians" you ignorant pleb. It literally costs upwards of $10 to just MANUFACTURE a single LP.
Where is the $40+ on average I paid for each of these vinyls going to then??

Since you bought a bunch of reissued bullshit I'm willing to bet that somewhere around $5 of each sale actually went anywhere near the artists.

Nope. Do some research.

hail to the Urfaust

i have
you do some research

>mfw you would have spent at least 200 aud on those vinyls alone
You fucked up m8

>>>>>>>>>>>professional musician

musician here can confirm it is upwards of $10 to press an LP in 250+ batches. Sure you could probably shave a few dollars off if you did more than a thousand but no indie band has that kinda money to front for pressing

more like $350+

Is it actually so fucking unbelievable to you dickwads that there are people that play music professionally on this board and not just a bunch of 15 year old kids listening to harsh noise?

Got these recently

>professionally

What are you even fucking trying to say

>im a self proclaimed professional musician!!!My words matter more than yours now!!!

>listening to music professionally

I'm not a "self proclaimed" professional musician, I am a professional musician. I play music and that's how I make my living. And yes, I do think professionals clearly know better than you on this subject.

Closer to $400+ but that's irrelevant to the thread. Less arguing more vinyl.

you clearly are "self proclaimed" you pretentious twat

>400 bongs for fucking 12 vinyls
Bruh i have 70 and i havent spent more than 500 aud

I apologise, i remember you as a pretty nice guy, here's the pic i snapped back then, when i met you during a performance. Sorry dude!

The plan was to blow some money on some of my favourite albums and then build up my collection by thrift-shopping.

I really am not sure if you are serious or just a really convincing troll

Well if you get time go to some garage sales, i bought an old dudes whole collection for 40 bucks and he had a bunch of originals

>he didnt already own itaots
are you new

I've had it for a little while now. Those are just all the Elephant 6 records that I own at the moment.

You will learn in time, that used vinyl is where its at

The only used vinyl I can ever find is at least 20 years old. It's nearly impossible to find good newer albums used. I do have a lot of old used records, but it's just not the kind of stuff that I regularly listen to.

You should only buy vinyl from bands who actually need the money. You can get most vinyl at live shows for 10-20 €

Good point, but I don't like live shows, and I'm not going just to buy vinyl.

I listen to 90's-00's emo and there is plenty of good condition used records.
It was the same for metal but the vinyl "revival" overflowed the market with poorly printed reissues

While the 'professional musician' is being obnoxious as fuck he is 100% right. Buying overpriced vinyl reissues is cancerous and incredibly stupid.

Specially CD-sourced reissues

This is the worst thread I've seen in months.

That image could be used as an 'I'm at university and finding myself through music' recommendation grid.

Are you a psychic?

You haven't seen much then

kek

R8

> It literally costs upwards of $10 to just MANUFACTURE a single LP
That's not true - the cost of manufacturing per unit vastly depends on how many copies you actually press. Pressing at $10 / unit would make for a pretty exclusive release (probably around 200 - 300 units), and you'd ultimately have to sell less units to make a profit for such an exclusive pressing. And nobody's forcing you to supply vinyl records - if pressing vinyl would not be lucrative for you (assuming that's your only consideration for pressing vinyl), then don't do it. Rely on CDs, merch, touring, streaming, touring, and other royalties.

>The artist is making significantly less profit from vinyl sales than CDs
That's true - artists receive more profit per unit for CD sales than vinyl sales, and that likely won't change. But no amount of bitching is going to drive CD sales back up, and total vinyl revenue is now rivaling or exceeding total CD revenue for many indie labels.

It should also be considered that manufacturers are still struggling to keep up with the vinyl surge. There is far greater demand for records than manufacturers are currently able to supply, and the manufacturers that are supplying vinyl records are doing so using antiquated pressing plants and strategies. This results in higher costs of production per unit, release date delays, artists foregoing vinyl pressings altogether despite demand, etc. While the demand for vinyl records presently doesn't justify the huge start up costs associated with creating and operating a new pressing plant, this may not always be the case if we see demand continue to rise. Furthermore, we may also see new innovations develop within the vinyl pressing industry that may drive the costs of production down even further. All of this could result in more profit for musicians down the line if demand holds out. And who knows, if demand doesn't hold out, perhaps people will revert back to CDs or adopt some other preferred format.

lovin the godspeed m8

>Buying vinyl is the WORST WAY to "help musicians" you ignorant pleb.
I suppose I should just give them my money for nothing in return then? Fuck you cunt. I buy records and I go to shows, the bands I like get my money. In return I get a physical product rather than a bunch of intangible ones and zeroes.

The solution for the bands is that if they want to increase their profit, they should only release digitally. However, if they DO choose to release a physical product and I like it, i'll buy it. Now fuck off on your high cunting horse.

This, buy cd's and invest in a good sound system. Vinyls are fucking shit.

Just arrived by mail

Entry level pleb garbage

You are faga fuck pled warm vagina fucker

Nice Earth
Love me some Black Foliage
6/10

LOL all Sup Forumscore and brand new

What in the actual fuck is wrong with you people? If someone tells you they're a professional truck driver do you refuse to believe them and keep trying to tell them they're really an amateur truck driver? It's simply what I do for a living. Tell me what you do for a living so I can insist that you don't.

It's still retarded to buy vinyl.

>give them my money for nothing in return then?

Oh you seem to conveniently be forgetting about the one thing that actually matters and took months of work and thousands of dollars to create - the fucking MUSIC

This just came in today

+loom loom, yanqui and Mt Zion

>people are actually mad that other people buy stuff

Why?

jealous of the BoC

>A Certain Trigger

Muh nigga

If you're on a music board and you're not at least a bit annoyed that people are buying vinyl, you're part of the problem

Just hide vinyl threads and stop being autistic

Make sure you snag the Hi Scores reissue at some point.

Oh yeah, they still have it in stock, good shit.

In A Beautiful Place is also in my list

Ordered this yesterday. Supposed to ship tomorrow.

all I've bought recently

forgot to say its a viva hate original pressing

Gimme that Grace boy

Y'all are so fucking retarded

I got other stuff too but I'm too lazy to get them off the shelf now

ok kid

guys please help me
I'm quite new to the vinyl game, so I don't really know what to do
just bought my first "own" vinyl for my father's old turntable and it's skipping and jumping and it makes me fucking mad to say the least
I've put on my father's older records like Pink Floyd and Jean Michel Jarre to see if they're skipping as well but they're all sounding great so it's certainly not the turntable that's misbehaving

what should I do?

Evidently not that professional if someone but if a record directly impacts your income.

If you were truly a professional, you wouldn't even be bothered lol

Turntable model?
What's the new record? Did you buy brand new? Did you dust it off with a record brush before playing it?
Did you recently change the cartridge or the stylus?

It's not rare that new vinyl can be badly pressed pieces of crap, and on top of that coming in a shitty shedding paper sleeve

Buying vinyl contributes to a bad business model. Major labels are selling reissued records on an outdated format for too much money. Indie labels are strapped for cash trying to afford runs of vinyl because major labels have convinced hipsters that it's the only way to buy music. Artists without labels are fucked because they can't afford to buy short runs of vinyl at all and the profit margin is almost zero.

Everyone should be paying the same amount they would for a CD for a digital download. You're buying the music, the sound recordings. Most artists will probably still provide some sort of physical product if there is a demand but obviously digital is what the majority of people are listening to.

Someone likes Elephant 6

>Artists without labels are fucked because they can't afford to buy short runs of vinyl at all and the profit margin is almost zero

doesn't sound like a professional to me

>professional truck driver

it's an old Tesla Supraphone model
the new record is pic related

did not brush it off, and no, didn't change the cartridge or the stylus neither

since then I've tried playing a couple of other records as well and I've noticed that the stylus has started skipping with every one of them

does that mean that it's not the records' fault but rather the tonearm's?

Those records suck but there's literally *nothing* inherently bad about reissues

"those records suck"

man Sup Forums is so elitist and edgelord anymore they hate albums that they collectively place on their "essentials" lists, damn

Baby jealous cuz he broke

Why so much trash oM stuff? They're my favourite band but do you really dig Early Eight Track, Controllersphere and DoC?

>he doesn't buy into the black oil disc meme
>automatically means he's poor

:)

Not being able to afford runs of vinyl does not mean you're unsuccessful

I mean, it's pricey if you don't already have a setup or hand me downs from dad. Gotta buy the turntable, receiver, speakers, etc.