/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

three levels deep edition

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/IgqsiL3w27jx.jpg
a.uguu.se/IgqsiL3w27jx.jpg)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any good tracker allowing hevc 1080p encodes for tv and movie from uhd Blu-rays?

Also don't get the point of 70gb TV encodes when remux is 90gb.

Is Siria Gardi-Montebugnoli still claiming welfare while looking at cat pics all day?

Account age requirement?

Did 4.0.4 fix qBittorrent or is it still shit?

Shortest path to Learnflakes?

Who else here using free usenet access on private indexers? I'm getting tons of shit from HDBits without having to seed since it all gets reposted to omgwtfnzb.

I think I will just use this instead of downloading popular shit from private torrent trackers.

How much do you pay?

$0

Totally free.

Free usenet access? Never heard of that. What is your provider?

I use test and free accounts like xennanews, xsusnet, etc and I stack them all so I download from all of them at the same time.

Then I just get invites to the private indexers that re-upload stuff from HDB and BTN from other users on HDB and BTN.

Basically, you can download HDB files for free from Usenet just by getting enough free accounts and then joining the top private indexers.

I have free use net access but I don't use private, pay indexers as they are cancer. I'd rather process headers myself, running newznab on my seedbox.
Auto-download HDB releases from usenet then seed them for BP. :^)

You won't get the obfuscated ones, and there's no need to pay private indexers unless you download more than 5-10 nzbs a day and if you join the top 3 private indexers, that's 25 downloads a day, without paying a dime.

I download HDB internals and I don't even need to log into my HDB account. It's great.

I've been doing this for years so I know exactly what I'll get. meta DBs are available to decode obfuscated stuff.
25 downloads a day is useless to me, I automate downloading and grab way more than that. I'll stick to what I'm doing rather than give the shits who run indexers money.

How do I get into KG and SFZ?

AHD or PTP for the KG
I don't know what sfz even is.

How to join private indexers?

People really need to be on RED when Soulseek exists?

I can understand W.CD, but there's no reason to be on RED when the library is that small compared to what W.CD used to be.

People use it for climbing the pyramid, not for music.

You can't get anywhere top tier from hook ass red tho!

>25 downloads a day is useless to me, I automate downloading and grab way more than that.

Sure, but I'm just one guy and I don't use more than 5 per day.

qB is legit the goodest torrent client especially on the windows but i also use it on my linux machine because the linux version of transmission is SHIT and doesn't have the godly grouping colors like on Mac OS X and I am not trying to use a terminal client like rtorrent and deluge will always shit the bed on Fedora.

SC VIP forum

It doesn't stall out like it used to or take forever to connect to peers?

Ask people on private trackers. HDB, BTN, and PTP all have threads for Usenet people and invites are given away there.

You can from the trackers you can only join from RED

How can I be anonymous while seeding on AB?

use a proxy

No I mean, how I hide my username in the peer list?

Wait for open registration, that's all

from RED you get PTP and BIB which are both 'top tier' and from those you get BTN and HDB. What more do you want? BLU? also recruit on RED.

for

It's in the profile settings.

Will I be visible with these settingq? I still see my username on the peer lists.

uncheck seeding/leeching.

>Check details you want to hide from your public profile.

oh whoops. check traffic then.

Even with this box checked, I'm still on the lists. I guess there isn't any preview for that option.

Retroflix is the one of the best trackers ive been in

another day another 0mb upload on red

give invite thx

Which port should be open to be connectable? The default one?

the one you have set in your client

Choose a port from 49152-65534

How to survive on PTP my senpais?

It was already set at 6881.

Why? Is it because of ISPs?

sent ;)

pretty much. always use a high port to avoid them.

another day another 20mb uploaded to red

fuck you it's not your fucking Twitter retard

!aww how cute a.uguu.se/IgqsiL3w27jx.jpg
(how cute a.uguu.se/IgqsiL3w27jx.jpg) Anthony blackarcher Gattina prete Renate Severus Soliloquy Sleepy
Don't abuse the aww feature with images like that.
please
:)
RingStinger: such bad taste. don't do that again.

kek

lol why are you mad

Which /ptg/tard is responsible for this gratuitous abuse of the sacred !aww command?

wots the image?

Rugs made from the skins of ItalianKitty's dead cats.

skinned cat furs

edgy

only if you're one of those vegan faggots

adding skinned cats under 'awww' is only edgy if you are vegan?
This total inability to read social queues and understand mores is why you have no friends and will die alone and virginal.

>total inability to read social queues and understand mores
it's cues, not queues
you're the plankton of Sup Forums if you're this easy to troll
stupid millennial

>it's cues, not queues
You're right, thank you.

>when your last in the social queue

How much yen will an invite to RED cost me?

janitors are killing /ptg/

wot wuz the pic?

ItalianKitty's cats were turned into beautiful ornamental rugs.

edgy

if she touched you inside your underpants, you have to tell an adult

>vegan

>inability to read social queues

because you post your stupid blog here everytime

she likes to suck cock and play victim to get virgin white knight losers on the internet to do her bidding

t. zed

zed's dead

Red pill me on 1080p 10-bit FLAC 5.1 anime.

Been out of the loop for a while. Are there any good Ebook/Book trackers left?

ty

1080p x264 is an abomination.

BIB

>1080p x264 is an abomination.
Any specific reason? Is it because it's bloat?

Please donate to the AB freeleech pool.

user is being contrarian

I meant 1080p 10bit-missed a word. quoting from elsewhere:

The first result on Google for "10 bit encode of 8 bit content" is an ad by a company that sells 10-bit encoding equipment. The supposed gains in compression are when the HVEC codec is compared to ancient MPEG-2V. Duh, a modern codec is more efficient than an ancient codec from the 1990s. This has nothing to do with 10-bit versus 8-bit, the gains are purely because modern codecs are more efficient in general. So don't use MPEG-2V, use something modern.

This page is the second result on Google. It's a terrible explanation full of errors. The author describes how they encoded a video from a DVD source and added dithering.

Dithering always reduces image quality at equivalent or higher bitrates than the source. If the source has banding, dithering makes it fuzzier, but it doesn't improve the image. Dithering should only be used when REDUCING bit depth, as a means to increase the amount of available information. If you keep the same bit depth or increase the bit depth, dithering only adds noise and reduces the amount of available information.

Smaller filesize results from using a more advanced (modern) codec, not from increasing the bit depth. "MPEG2 took 275MB and h264 took 152MB" simply shows that the newer codec is more efficient. You would get the exact same results if both files were 8-bit.

8-bit sources cannot magically look better when converted to 10-bit the same as 128kbps MP3s do not magically sound better when converted to lossless FLAC. Information cannot just be added from nowhere. Adding a dither is the same as adding white noise to an audio file, it reduces the signal-to-noise and makes the image/audio worse.

Compression artefacts result from the codec, not the bit depth. Again it's the same mistake as the filesize comparison. An 8-bit source recompressed as 10-bit doesn't have less compression artefacts, it will have an equal amount or more artefacts, depending on the conversion.

>SFZ
dead
new one is fake

What should I do if there's just one person seeding and I only get around 3kb/s? Do I politely ask for someone else to seed or am I screwed? (AB)

coupled with the fact that 1080hi10p 264 has very little support via hardware decoding means wanting to watch it on any kind of home theater system is out of the question unless you have a noisy PC hooked up to your projector/TV.
8bit h264 is perfectly fine. if you really must have 10bit then use HEVC, where 10bit is almost universally supported.

Thanks

>tfw waiting for invite.

>tfw 20/20 in RED queue

Yes.

only desired tracker I miss is HDB, the wait is unbearable

I have HDB and struggle to use it when I have PTP and BTN. It is a good backup if anything would happen to the aforementioned sites however

Same shit, different thread.

Why was/is poorboy so obsessed with ItallianKitten? What does he see in her?

If you already have BTN and PTP then HDB is not what you think it is.

It's been an hour, I advanced two positions.
What the fuck is this shitshow of a tracker and can anyone send me an invite?

Why is it that the best trackers to be in are the trackers where either ratio is meaningless or irrelevant because of how easy it is to survive? (BTN, PTP, AB)

AB might be above average. They could be lots better.

Thanks. Screenshots and links sent to staff.

>BTN, PTP, AB
>AB