>fresh out of college
>40k debt
>only jobs i can get are 60k salary
is life always suffering?

Other urls found in this thread:

ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2172062-why-is-my-scholarship-taxable
twitter.com/AnonBabble

isnt 60k good

not for salary, i can get 60k at mcdonalds and work on a salary.

Would you rather work at mcdonalds?

You realize one of the main points of education is to have a better job then flipping burgers, the pay isn't even the main thing.

so you get that job and you work your way up, no one expects you to work a grad job your whole life.

>get born in a welfare state
>get a free education
>move to a non-welfare country to work so you don't need to pay high taxes
Who else has /devilish/ plans here?

You cant live on 20k for one year?

so SO many people got it way harder, it's not even funny. At least you can get jobs.

I'm not much for entitled generation bullshit, but holy shit you are so lel

The high taxes just get replaced by high bills.

>born in welfare state
>free education
>happily pay 40% tax to our "political mafia" and finance corruption and government funded neo-marxist social science art projects

/yurocuck/ reporting

>i can get 60k at mcdonalds

>$9/hour
>will purposefully keep you below full time so they don't have to provide healthcare; so you will only get like 35 hours a week
>9x35x52 = 60k apparently

maybe in your shitty country where mcdonalds employees get $9 an hr.

>don't want to eat the pooh
>"You're entitled kidd"

real innovative thinking right there, pal.

>a country is better off with higher minimum wages
Now I see what they meant when they said "entitled millennials".
Productivity of burger flippers is no more than $5/hr.

>get born in a semi-welfare state
>get a free education
>stay in state because education is exclusively paid for by an idiot tax and tourist
One of the few advantages in living in America's dong

>entitled to want at least subsitence level wage for working a job with probably no vacation, retirement plan or health care plan and possibly no sick days off

Right, such an odd concept.

Born in non welfare state.

Take loans to pay for school.

Move to welfare state and don't pay loans.

Both work.

That's every entry level job after college, 60k is actually above average

lol go sit on your ass and run a script or push a button old man.

fucking old people think everyone has to do what they did "oh how we had to suffer"

>i can get 60k at mcdonalds

Prove it.

store managers in my country get 60k a year. You have to go through the mcdonalds training program to become one. Now stfu.

Holy shit dude. No wonder why thr US of A is getting cucked by shitskins like myself. I got 9 years expertice in telecomm, yet I made 12.5k before taxes. I could be making almost 6 times that flipping burguers. Good thing is (I want to make myself believe it is a good thing) I am debtless. College cost me 0.025 USD for 5 years. Well, I guess you got what you paid for.

Why the fuck you stupid muricans measure salary in money per year? Don't you have monthly bills, food spendings? Is it so great to divide your salary by 12 every time you need to consider your monthly budget?

>welfare state
>literally pay 60% of your salary on taxes
fuck my shit up.

>He keeps going

Let's assume you are not underage or retarded - high fucking bar, but let's play along.

user's got $40k in debt and he's just entering the workforce. Average contributions post-tax + healthcare in Burgerland for a single 2D-worshipping neckbeard come to 33% of income, so let's cut that and he's left with a little over $40k/yr.

Average expenses per month in a major US metro area (rent/utilities/food/transport) come to $1,800, but let's include a padding of $200/mo for dragon dildos and programming kneesocks and he spends $24k/yr.

So now he's saving $16k/yr. If all he did was burn that debt (which he fucking should to compensate for interest payments y.o.y), he'd nuke it in three years. If he buys nothing but ramen and gets three normie roommates (for salty protein), he could even knock it out in two and still pick up soy lattes when he wants.

This of course ignores all cost-of-living adjustments he makes y.o.y. and any new jobs/raises/emergency removal of dragon dildos/etc.

tl;dr amerifat debt, lel

Most of us get paid biweekly anyways, so we have to double our paychecks and post tax earnings.

Salaries are based on years worked and that's the way employers list salaries for jobs and when they make job offers, so that's the way we compare and discuss them. When we do budgeting we take a look at our monthly income.

>Salaries are based on years worked
I don't get it.

Sorry, maybe let me rephrase in a way with better/more proper English:

When employers post salaries, they post them as yearly salaries. Sometimes the yearly salary ranges include incentive pay that only counts if you're they're at part of the year.

If I quit my job before bonuses pay out in April, I would lose out on $15K-$20K in bonus pay.

My real monthly take home averaged over 12 months with the bonus that is paid out once a year is a very different from my normal paycheck deposited every two weeks.

>wahhhh waaaaahhhhhhhhhh
i fucking hate humblebragging faggots

Oh, ok. Thanks. It's still feels weird, but at least I get it know.

>tfw 34 ACT, full ride scholarship
>literally negative debt, I am getting more money than I am paying

>debt
Retard.

fun fact: any money spent on books, room and board, food, etc. is considered taxable income that must be reported on your tax return.

ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2172062-why-is-my-scholarship-taxable

i paid off my student loans making 45k
what are u doing wrong op? renting?

> money spent...considered taxable income

lol what

So Sup Forums, is it better to make 60k with a low cost of living or 120k at double cost of living?

>If you use your scholarship to pay for any of these, it counts as income and the amount paid is taxable:
>Room and board
>Travel
>Any fees, books, and supplies or equipment that are not required for your courses

The IRS guidelines mandate when income earned under a scholarship is considered tax exempt. One of the conditions is how you spend it. Room and board, travel, and books/supplies/equipment/fees that are not required for courses are not considered qualified expenses. When the income from a scholarship is used for non-qualified expenses, it is subject to tax.

here was meant as a reply to Depends on the cost of living, I'd rather be making $120K in an area that cost $30K to live in than $60K in an area that cost $15K to live in.

The bay area is an area where the adjustments in salaries for most jobs, even $100K+ software jobs, can't make up for the difference in cost of living vs. cheaper areas. Which is why a lot of Californians are moving to CO, WA, TX, etc.

>is life always suffering?
Life is about suffering
money cannot buy you happiness
It can only buy you a yacht so
you can sail right up close to it and touch it
that moment goes and you remember you
have to pay to moor the yacht, and service it
and that you then need more and more money
everyone dies knowing they could had happiness if only they had been born
to a tribe of amazonian rain forest people
that didnt have loggers shitting in their water well

This is probably a troll, but what did you expect? 60k is above average in most states, assuming you live in burgerland. You won't be able to pay off all your loans in a year, but that is a pretty unreasonable expectation