ITT we argue which is the worst track

Glass Eyes
It doesnt go anywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5sRWQ5BhYcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pleb, Glass Eyes is one of the best. The worst is Desert Island Disc.

this and desert island disk
the rest is legitimately 9/10 or above

Desert Island Disk is by far the worst

nah It's on levels like faust arp, i dig it

Are you kidding? The acoustic guitar is so good and that 'yeah yooooooou, you know what I mean' part is one of the best moments on the whole album.

Worst song is glass eyes but I still like it.

same here

The acoustic guitar with those overlay sound effects are great. I cant put my finger on it but the sound effects give really cozy vibes and sound something like from In Rainbows

true, since in rainbows they always have a minimalist folksy song on every album. And it's always the worst song on the album...

In Rainbows - Faust Arp
The King Of limbs - Giving up the Ghost
A Moon Shaped Pool - Desert Island Disk, Glass Eyes

Monitoring in case somebody names my favourite

I'm very disappointed with the way True Love Waits turned out. Much preferred his live demo version.

Tinker Tailor is my least favourite

Daydreaming>The Numbers>Burn The Witch>the rest suck

Are you kidding me? Faust Arp the worst song? Giving up the gost the worst song? What?? These are ones of the best

imo desert island disk is my least favorite, but i still like it.

AMSP doesn't have any tracks i always skip, like House of Cards and Treefingers.

Desert Island Disk and True Love Waits

>skipping treefingers
pleb

no love for Decks Dark? Been listening to it all morning.

If you're dissapointed that they didnt add more to it, other than just thom singing with one instrument, then i dont agree.

That song was made to be a solo song, and it was just the decision of what instrument to play for the studio version.

I personally like the choice of piano, like we already have a good guitar version so why not make something different with it.

not him but there's not enough instrumentation and power to it, only at the end.

This. By far my favorite track on the album

Lel, i on the contrary don't like the ending. Middle part fucking rocks though.

The Ballad of Yeatman is the only GOAT song on the album 2bh

yeah, i dont care. it's boring and kills the flow of the album. it sounds nice but goes on so fucking long. they made hunting bears an interesting instrumental, why did they make treefingers so pointless?

Im a Dark decks fan, might be my fave

What the holy hell is with Sup Forums disliking desert island disk so much? I don't expect, much less demand that it's everyone's favorite, and fine fair enough if some people here and there don't connect with it at all, but to my ears It's the most appealing track on the album. I feel like an inverse radiohead fan whenever I read you people's posts. My favorite album is HTTT, I'm not huge on OKC, no one likes desert island disc and everyone's raving about Identikit which was my least favorite of the album.

Just kill me pham.

the numbers and that long title named track are both the worst

>muh instrumentation and power
There's more to music than just instruments, you know

Its actually identikit. It starts of good and then turns to shit with the sudden change into BROKEN HEARTS MAKE IT RAIN

Perfect example of ruining a good song

I agree, it's somewhat Alt-Jesque, and Alt-J is for fags

Daydreaming is objectively best

My fav, Colin killed it

Glass eyes?!?! Lol top 3 on the album

it is nothing like fucking Alt-J

Identikit is the worst
Decks Dark is the best

that krautrock rip off is disgusting
:D
Fuck all of you.

>It doesnt go anywhere
It goes to Identikit.

Dude Treefingers is fucking sublime

I really love every track on this album, but I usually find myself skipping Tinker Toy Soulja Boy

Desert Island Disk starts well but then I always get bored by the end of the song. And I don't like either of the singles either.

My favourites are Decks Dark and Identikit.

Same here. I think true love waits suffers from being right after it. Both are good songs on their own.

I don't gt why everyone hates on TTSS, it's not the best on the album but it progresses really well.

Identikit is the worst, the first 2 minutes get boring quite quickly and the choir sounds pretty shitty. The guitars and synths are nice though.

>True Love Waits
Unless you're disappointed with just the studio version, hownew.ru?

glass eyes and numbers.. just boring folky dadrock songs, the rest is fantastic

the live version is better, those damn synth's were the best part of the song but they fucked that shit up

>I don't get why everyone hates on TTSS
Right? For me it's the weirdest on the album as well - perhaps the least traditional. I think it being the penultimate track might have been a bad move, but it's still great.

Ful Stop is the worst
those vocals made me cringe

Glass Eyes is one of the best ballads they've ever done imo.

The front half of the live version was always pretty rough. I prefer the opening of the album, and the ending of the live version. Both are good variants in their own right.

The added guitar and the opening make it better. But you will probably get the best of both worlds in the new live version.

i loved that one lmao

Definitely, Ed's backing vocals and the live drum beat add so much.
youtube.com/watch?v=5sRWQ5BhYcE

Burn The Witch is actually the worst song on this

Why would any reasonable person think this?

I think the beginning to Ful Stop lasts way too long. The ending does make up for it but it's a bit annoying having to sit through it.

agreed, quite an anticlimax to the album. I think The Numbers would have been a better closer, particularly the way it drifts apart at the end.

They've gone from big, anthemic closers in their early albums (Blow Out, Street Spirit, The Tourist) to more and more intimate and dreamy closers on the later albums (MPS, Videotape, True Love Waits).

Man, that slow fade-in intro is the absolute tits

Its a 9/10 just every other song is a 10

Go get some taste guys

I honestly can't get into The Numbers. I love the ending and the beginning but the guitar parts are just way too Neil Young-ish for me (not that I don't like Neil Young)

I kinda agree

It's kinda cliche and monotonic to me, every other song is so vast and beautiful in comparison. Still a great song don't get me wrong

In general, yeah.
That's why Wolf at the Door is one of my favorite closers. It's a mix between the two, like all of HTTT.

Oh yeah the intro is great, just the two minute interlude between the intro and the drums is a bit much

this would be a 10/10 without the choir and desert

A mix between the two and not as good as either. Glasshouse is a good mix because it's the most acoustic but still emotionally charged and quite loud.

I really don't get the hate for the choir tbqh. It especially adds to Present Tense.

Yeah, like all of HTTT, a mix but not as good as either. Glasshouse is great but the climax sometimes feels like it isn't enough
Live version had a better intro with a synth that made your skin crawl

darks
ful stop
burn the witch
glass eye
present
the numbers
tinker
identikit
true love
daydreaming
desert

How is it monotonic? Did you not hear the well timed, awesome fucking string swelling section in the middle of the song? The song is tightly packed, progresses strongly, has that neat kamakazi dive bomb chaos crescendo to finish it off.

If anything daydreaming is the most monotonic song of the album. Though it does have a nice ending it just takes too long to get there.

I'm gonna check out that live version, thanks for the info user

It's just relatively monotonic to the other songs on the album. I guess there are other songs that fit that but burn the witch is a more upbeat song with a very similar progression for each verse-chorus. I dunno maybe I just listened to it way too much when it first came out too.

I do love all the wildly varying opinions of this album

Present Tense because it sounds like some sort of generic "mock Latin" background music you'd hear at a hotel lounge in the Caribbean or something.

I'd agree but I think it has my favorite Thom vocal performance.

>in you I'm lost
>and all this love
>will be in vain
confirmed for no heart

It's one of the strongest songs on the record. I think the worst might be Identikit. It just doesn't sound like it has any cohesion to it.

Here is the real question through: are we loving this album so much because it's the honeymoon period after a long hiatus following a poorly received TKoL and we feel obligated to love it and after a month or so we'll realize it's just sort of mediocre?

Or is it genuinely and honestly good?

It's genuinely good. You can tell because it's getting good reviews from people who aren't die hard radiohead fans

It's actually good, untill you stop thinking so. Do you really have to question, weather your feelings on this album are true? Ofc at some point you'll get tired of it, i guess. Though i can see how few songs, such as Ful Stop or Present Tense are already an instant classic, that i will always enjoy.

Burn the Witch got me in to Radiohead by making me realize that not all of what they did sounded like Creep.

Glass Eyes is the best song on the album for the lyrics alone.

Worst initially was Desert Island Disk for me but I'm warming up to it a little with each listen, whereas The Numbers has actually diminished in appeal for me - I've already reached the point where I just about tune out the lyrics and focus on the instrumentation. I've gotta say that one's my new low point.

It's actually good. In fact the more I listen to it the more I like it - I think that bodes well. It wasn't nearly as immediate and those types of albums have more longevity. TKOL wasn't awful, but I knew right away that it wasn't their best so there was no honeymoon period, as it were.

not at all
One of the few tracks that really sound like their digging into me with energy.

Also the chorus is as beautiful as other tracks.

>Glass Eyes is the best song on the album for the lyrics alone.
This, jesus christ. Some of the best lyrics Thom's ever written.

What took you so long they haven't been making songs that sound like creep since like, 1997

One, TKOL wasn't THAT poorly received. By Radiohead standards maybe but it still reviewed well enough. Two, I sincerely think that AMSP is a leap forward for the band. They had already perfected their blend of rock and electronic elements with IR in a nice, tightly composed package - where else was there to go? Apparently incorporating orchestral and classical elements more deeply than ever before in addition to that perfect synthesis, as well as allowing for more expansive, meandering passages for atmospheric effect. I thought they wrote themselves into a corner with IR but AMSP proved me the fuck wrong.

Present Tense is my least favorite track, hasn't clicked yet.

Off topic it's funny how hilariously bad radio music is getting (at work) and it makes AMSP seem even better in comparison for me. Haven't heard a single track get airplay either.

Eh, Hail To The Thief dips its toe in the Britpop pool a little here and there. Still blows Pablo Honey the fuck out when it does but that style did make a brief reappearance with songs like 2+2=5 and Go To Sleep.

I think Present Tense is by far the easiest song on the album. Its general flow is just so goddamn smooth and its lyricism is as seductive, yet bleak as anything on IR.

The Numbers and Burn the Witch

depends what radio it is
I like the jazz channel i have, Wbgo, dont even listen to a lot of jazz outside of it. But havent noticed any other good stations.

At my workplace, the radio they air over the cafe, plays country outside (lol trucks + beer, but desu country has that nice feeling to it and cant go wrong, cant go great either)

Inside I heard Jigsaw falling into place, a cover of strange overtones, melancholy hill, Naive melody by talking heads, and actually some other indie sounding songs that are pretty good.

I started to like some of the rap that gets played by a few of my coworkers like drake and future.

any radio that features dance/edm/pop figures is normally shit.

The HTTTfag in me is madly in love with Burn The Witch. I wish that and The Daily Mail were on that album. I do admit that it's a bit of an odd fit for this album, not to mention a somewhat misleading opener outside of its collision of strings and electronic grooves.

Yeah, well said. One thing that's impressive to me is that RH have always strived to try out new things and their music is often clearly inspired by certain artists or music scenes. However AMSP is incredibly self-referential, they're refining all the past sounds from the groundwork they've already laid down, yet it's certainly not a bunch of rehashes. I mean, obviously there are still influences and out-side reference points at play, but they are heavily filtered by RH's own style and songwriting - they aren't trying to be anyone else.

It's really a wonderful album.

I noticed this on my first listen. Something that genuinely surprises me is that its somewhat difficult to nail down the influences in each track, because they flow into one another so much. It really is a mix of everything from Kid A to TKOL, and I love it all.

Yeah Give Up the Ghost is one of my least favourite Radiohead songs in general. No idea why so many like it.

Every track is great. Numbers is actually one of my favorites, don't see what your guy's problem is. Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief is boring though, I want to know what is so good about that one?

I hear a strong Neil Young vibe in general on this album, I thought it was just me,

I dunno, there's something really emotional about seeing it live - just Jonny and Thom onstage. Plus the looping is more obvious live, which works to it's advantage. I agree that it seems to lack quite a bit of dynamic on record.

For me it's Number's preachy lyrics. The music is fine but after a few listens just about any protest song gets old. Tinker Tailor is underrated IMO. Stylistically it's almost straight Amnesiac right down to the pitch black atmosphere, lyrically these figures that Thom talks about sound terrifying as fuck, and the whole thing blossoms into this beautiful but tense string section. I don't think it's immediate but that song creeped on me pretty good.

>Faust Harp
>Worse anything

Mcfucking killyourself

>2+2=5
>Britpop
>anything like Creep

2+2=5 is nothing like creep. It's a super manic, sonically intense song that's kind of unsettling when you really listen to it and absorb all the sounds. It's also a lot more intimidating than any Britpop song.

Go To Sleep is straight up folk rock and also doesn't sound anything like Creep.

I just really enjoy the soundscapes of Tinker and I hear some of the leftover influences of KId A/Amnesiac there. That fluttering noise in the beginning reminds me of Autechre's EP7 and that little melody that crops up in the left channel at around 2:15 is sort BoC-ish. I always enjoyed that side of Radiohead. Thom's vocals are also sorta slinky which is a nice contrast to the more melancholy vocals throughout the album.

>strange overtones
anyone who has heard of this collaboration is cool
why never any love for late Eno on Sup Forums?