What the fuck

What the fuck
Why is Portugal so poor?
Equatorial Guinea has almost the same GDP as you guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/portugal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck wrong image

>Why is Portugal so poor?
To keep you and your other pig friends out.

New meta.

Nice self-defense mechanism, son

>that jump after they joined the EU
>still way higher than before joining
>"hurr durr you ruined our economy"
Delusional seminiggers

We can't all find oil in our ground, petro-jew.

those values are old as your mother
our unemployment rate is 11% and our gdp per capita is bigger than Greece

>It's the fatass emirati arab tries to bash against Portugal episode

Don't you have other matters to attend Jawa, the Hutt?

At least I'm wealthy enough to become fat in the first place

Japan doesn't have any oil either, though.

That's not "poor as fuck".

pic related is what poor as fuck actually looks like

> Equatorial Guinea has almost the same GDP as you guys.
Eq. Guinea is a country full of oil, you retard

>i know nothing of what Im talking about

For a Western European country and a former colonial power, you'd think they'd be making more than a Vietnamese rice farmer on average, though.
So are Venezuela and Nigeria. Your point?

>you retard
let's refrain from violating global rule 3.

Yea, but the Japanese have the advantage of not being Arab.

You're a arab.That's enough to make someone kill themselves

Equatorial Guinea has half a million population, so your first post is skewed since GDP per capita doesn't necessarily reflect on the "average person" considering massive income for the elite will have a huge impact.

A more accurate reflection would me the median income.

Second, Portugal has 3 times the GDP per Capita of Vietnam, so not sure how that is is not making more.

Pic related
>be portufag
>eat cereal with fork to save milk

How the hell are you that poor, mate

The Vietnamese thing was just a joke. No need to get analytical on that.

But Portugal has a relatively tiny population too (about the same population as my country, the UAE)
It's nothing close to 500k, but your rule of an "elite minority" skewing the numbers still applies, and according to this, it applies even more: oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/portugal/

I just find it funny how the countries that practically started modern European colonialism are now becoming Africa-tier countries. Won't be long before we see economic migrants from Spain and Poortugal moving to Mexico and Angola, amirite?

no you're not right, quite the opposite.

You can't afford to be right.

Yeah it's funny.

you're obviously alone and this thread is a cry for attention, I actually feel sorry for you

You can't afford to laugh
You can't afford to feel sorry

No it definitely wouldn't apply more to Portugal, it's quite obvious that Equatorial Guinea is worse than any European country, nevermind Portugal.

GDP Per Capita is just an inaccurate measurement of the economy. Look at the infrastructure and standard of living of African countries and you'll see what real poverty is.

I've been to the poorest countries of Europe and I've been to both the richer and poorer countries of Africa and it can't be compared, even the rich African countries the majority of the population lives in poverty you won't see in Europe and probably the rest of the world except for some parts of SEA.

Equatorial Guinea has oil, and the GDP is shared amongst seven guys though. Portugal's GDP is shared a lot more widely than that.

>Why is Portugal so poor?
I have been to Portugal a couple times, like the country a lot.

I don't think it's that poor but I have a theory on why it is behind economically in Western Europe.

They culturally have a small business mentality. So many people make their living by running a small business. No one wants to expand. Because of this there are not many jobs for educated people, educated people are literally overqualified for working in portugal because there aren't enough jobs for them. So most educated people leave.

I am not familiar with the levels of corruption in the country and this could possibly be why people are not bothered to try and expand their businesses.

It won't be this way for much longer. Portugal's infrastructure is basically the remnants of what was built 100 years ago when the country could actually have a chip on its shoulder.
I'm don't think Portugal is on the same level of Eq. Guinea in any way. I'm just saying it's quite strange how right now we have figures that 100 years ago would've been completely alien.
Most oil-rich nations are quite poor, at least the ones that I know.
The only oil-rich countries that have done it right are Norway, Canada, the Gulf countries, and Brunei.
The rest are shitholes.

>Portugal's infrastructure is basically the remnants of what was built 100 years ago
AHAHHAHAHAH

AAAAHAHAHHAAHHA

Where do you think we've been spending money?

>Where do you think we've been spending money?
Spoon-feeding it to Germany

>the Gulf countries
de facto slave labor, how business is run and the 'new rich' mentality of how to spend the money in the gulf countries means that when the oil runs out it is highly likely you guys are going to be in big trouble.

whereas portugal will continue to be relatively low income yet continue on with their quality of life for the foreseeable future.

their infrastructure actually is pretty good by the way

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ele ta a dar bait, deixa-o fala sozinho

Também eu. Já o vi por aqui. É giro vê-lo enterrar-se.

Não te preocupes que não tenho muito mais que fazer.

>de facto slave labor, how business is run and the 'new rich' mentality of how to spend the money in the gulf countries means that when the oil runs out it is highly likely you guys are going to be in big trouble.

Hurr durr muh slavereh
We pay those workers more money than they'd ever make sucking dick back home.
You probably own a bunch of sweaters made in slave sweatshops anyway.
Also, we have enough oil for the next 100-150 years, and we'd have diversified our economy to the point that oil money would be obsolete long before then. Not worried at all about the oil running out, actually.
Now quit being butthurt and stop pretending to care about a bunch of shitskins.
You can't afford to laugh

i dont care about the slave labor for humanitarian reasons, i am making a point which i will spell out right now for you

people from the gulf countries dont know how to work. no one with gulf citizenship is laboring, and the laws you have such as needed an emirati citizen to be a partner in a business which means they can get a good living just by signing off on a business a foreigner wants to open means that your native population is lazy entitled and un innovative. there also is the chance that oil prices will continue to plummet especially if we are looking 100-150 years ahead.

your situation is not sustainable and your mentality toward it pretty much typifies why your countries are going to be in big trouble at some point

We have a small population and we don't wanna bother with the menial jobs, so we import a bunch of Eastern Mexicans to do them for us so that the Emirati citizens can become educated and take on the higher management positions.
It's not about working hard, it's about working smart.
I was getting paid by my government to get a degree in biomedical engineering in NYC. It took me about 7 years, and now I plan to move back to the Emirates and work there.

What do you think would have been a better use of my time: hammering a stick and a nail together for 20 years or actually getting educated?
I'll let you decide on that one.

One of the main reasons we're poor compared to the rest of Western Europe is because we started industrializing almost 100 years after the UK, France, etc

>first to colonize
>last to industrialize
Why?

Also:
You're too poor to industrialize

>Why?
Earthquake in the capital that destroyed the GDP rebuilding
Spain Invasion
French Invasion
Regicide
First world war

Can't you afford history books?

>Can't you afford history books?
Yes, but if you've read my other post, I'm clearly not a history major.

>Earthquake in the capital that destroyed the GDP rebuilding
Spain Invasion
French Invasion
Regicide
First world war

kek god hates portugal

Also you can't afford a first world war

You are proving his point though, you don't want to bother with meritocracy and instead assume education will bring forth an era of innovation.

This isn't how the real world actually functions and the idea that innovation will come as long as you mill out diplomas for your population is a false premise.

No doubt, education is good for everyone, but none of the gulf countries have shown they are able to diversify their economy. Dubai is the only place where the economy has a different sector (most related to tourism), and they aren't actual building companies in say texture manufacturing or processors.