asio4all.com/

Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick:
mediafire.com/download/07izim49ao6ij7m
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Other Links:
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar:
mediafire.com/download/tpr2u4e3bou2lqi

Modern Chord Progressions - Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/5lvaa121vz29y83

Jazz Guitar - Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2 - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/2ckhum02748z2pk

Beefheart's 10 Guitar Commandments:
archive.org/post/338826/captain-beefhearts-10-commandments-of-playing-the-guitar

Previous Thread:

boards.Sup Forums.org/mu/thread/64786545/gg-guitar-bass-general#top

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/4docunj1
clyp.it/hx1uvs1s
clyp.it/ntgrxjjo
clyp.it/ighlxdue
clyp.it/dcy2zmc5
clyp.it/dr35bjzp
bastl-instruments.com/shop/list-of-retailers/
youtube.com/watch?v=5xhTH_2DjPI
vimeo.com/118342866
youtube.com/watch?v=jPie7tAK0-4
youtube.com/watch?v=SQHwPDh5LrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for hm-2 emo

Second for balanced strings.

third for anime

>mfw /gg/

>fourth for punchy and farty double coil rear pickups

Picked up a pm patch box so i could integrate some effects modules not well represented in pedal form. Namely the Clouds and Phonogene granular delays. Here is a little clip of playing acoustic guitar through the Clouds.

clyp.it/4docunj1

Here are two of the granular delays that are available in pedal form, the Red Panda Particle going into a MASF possessed. Playing acoustic guitar through them here too.

clyp.it/hx1uvs1s

Nice, I was thinking of getting this for similar stuff. That's a nice sounding acoustic btw, what is it?

its some old gibson, model a3 or something, it was a student model. all mahogany, real dark and rich sound. was my first guitar and still favorite. i'm using a barcus-berry planar wave contact mic with the 4000xl preamp.

What's the difference between a granular delay and your everyday, run of the mill, regular delay?

knowing gearspammer, probably just a few hundred dollars

uh, not 100% certain on the technical but i'd describe these real time ones as having a buffer that samples what you're playing, then plays that back. You're able to chop that sample up into smaller segments, or "grains" that you can also control how long or short they are. the more ambitious granular delays let you do stuff like rearrange the order of the grains too. so you've also got feedback control too to determine how many repeats of the grains you get. and pitchshifting of the grains on certain units.

Just scored a Sonic Crayon Anti-Nautilus v1 granular delay/pitchshifter. I ran a song through it and went through all the knobs. You can hear the pitchshifiting/time stretching, glitching, etc.

clyp.it/ntgrxjjo

here is going through the range of the buffer size and break knob on the Anti-Nautilus. Towards the end you can hear how its kinda back and forth reverses the direction of the grains, pretty neat.

clyp.it/ighlxdue

Mutable Instruments Clouds granular delay, lets you use cv on all the parameters. Picked up an envelope follower, and a random voltage generator to modulate it, so far.

I could probably do the same with an old turntable with faulty wiring.

And I've got a Make Noise Phonogene that should be here Saturday. Its sample based, but has a real time mode too.

That's a Gibson LG-3

You should, that would be fun. There are sampler/granular units too, like the Bastl Microgranny that are fun. Personally i prefer the real time units for playing guitar through, but mangling samples is fun.

thanks, i was pretty sure there was a 3 in the name. too lazy to go look inside it

actually here i recorded a loop in real time on a microgranny granular sampler, then looped it while making adjustments

clyp.it/dcy2zmc5

recorded a realtime sample onto the microgranny, granulated that and then looped it into a possessed granular delay as i went through its controls.

clyp.it/dr35bjzp

How much is the microgranny? And which version is the best?

Whoops. I spaced out. No 3 in the name actually. Its an LG-0

i scored mine at a black friday discount, i think i paid $135 and bought two. think they retail for $199. Mine were the 2.0 software but the 2.4 chips were only $5 apiece, and dead simple to replace. Otherwise i believe the only different between them is their color? but maybe they come loaded with different samples?

How is the microtubes?

also its just ONE chip that you replace. so you might look for a good price on an older/secondhand version 2.0 microgranny and then a 2.4 chip.

Yeah, thanks for the input. I'm looking at it but I don't see many on the european used market.

here is the list to their dealers. i'd try checking with them to see if they maybe have some NOS 2.0 that they would let go for a discount. might be worth your trouble.

bastl-instruments.com/shop/list-of-retailers/

That color pick guard ruins every nice looking guitar/bass it shows up on, I'm glad I gave up on them in general, guitars look so much nicer without one.

What do you guys think of this?

neat, what is the mod?

-True bypass
-Modified tone adjustment to make it smoother and more natural
-Brighter blue LED
-Chorus and Vibe modes

I'm not sure if it's Univibe or Vibrato, I'm waiting for mine to come, I got an amazing deal on one second hand that I couldn't pass up.

>-Brighter blue LED
bright as fuck blue leds are awful to look at.

Nice, looked it up and its from 58-61

>tfw ripping off "dark necessities" chord progression as we speak

I agree, I don't think this one is too bad though, it doesn't look like MXR grade blinding light

Clockwise from what perspective?

"what?"

well I turn the truss rod clockwise , but viewed from what side? The rod is adjusted at the bridge , most are at the headstock, but then... clockwise from what point of view?

they are nice when you're playing an outdoor gig

>I haven't played this guitar in 20 minutes, I need to retune
>did the A/C just kick on? I need to retune
>I think jupiter is aligned with saturn, I need to retune

is this the nature of the beast or is there something wrong with my guitar?

lets get another one of these going, its alot easier than typing out all our gear

template

oh, i thought it might be circuit bent. i've got a bent Arion DDM-1 digital delay. Sounds really great, as i imagine all of their pedals do.

nice b8 m8 but noone is that retarded

I presume they have made more modifications than just those, but they are the main ones mentioned on most websites.

Pretty dank, desu. But I don't use it for a full blown distortion. Just a little overdrive and attack button on. Shit's made me actually sound good even through our faggy ass downtuned high gain guitarist's

Whoah those are pretty affordable, I've been looking for an all mahogany acoustic, might have to seek one out.

it makes a difference , and then when the rod is upside down, god knows

Are your strings low tension or have you recently replaced them? You will need to retune as your guitar changes with the heat, including just your body heat but it shouldn't be quite that drastic.

rickenbrother

I'm more into crazy mods/bends beyond true bypass haha, though the stuff i'm into is a pretty niche market. I can definitely see the appeal of the mods your's has though. Those Arion are still easy to score for little money too.

Here's a demo i made that show the mods to my DDM-1, afaik the "normal" operation is stock, and it sounds really great to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=5xhTH_2DjPI

After reading up on it a bit more I have now concluded that normal string sets are the devil/stupid. I'll get single strings and build myself a set of perfect tension strings.

what are they going for now? i saw they originally sold for $85

I think there is a fair amount of rickbros on /gg/. They just don't show their gear very often.

I want to buy either a BIAS or an axe fx II
I have no idea how they work, I want them for the tones
Do I need a computer to have them working? Can I take it out of the box, plug it into the amp and it will work?

With the fractal, yes. But isn't Bias a software? Don't you mean Kempler?

Gotta admit, that does sound fucking good

maybe he's talking about the BIAS amp.

seems like too much effort too me

Not exactly a lot of effort, I'll just have to pay 35€ per set of strings for my 5-string even though they're normal Daddario XL nickel strings.

Is it theoretically possible to replace a strat's pots with faders?

yes

I've also got this muscle sensing module on the way too to modulate the granular delays. here is a demo, jump to like 4 min to hear it in use with a bass player.

vimeo.com/118342866

I did it with ProSteels for my Thunderbird. Feels great.

This is pretty cool and also incredibly gay

I haven't really tried prosteels yet. Nickelwound with steelcore seems to be the most I can handle in terms of "zing", anything brighter doesn't sound right to me. Also, I'm kinda sad that I'm losing the fancy wrapping around the ends when I'm going for normal nickel strings.

recommend me some cheap practice amps /gg/, finally upgraded from an acoustic to an electric, but haven't bought an amp yet.

i think it will be neat to control the different parameters on the delay while playing. i guess eowave also make sensors too which might be a little more versatile but havn't looked into it.

Just bought this how did I do?

or rather the eowave generate the signal from different sources...IR distance sensors, pressure sensors, position sensors, accelerometers, tactile sensors, tilts, capacitive pads...

honestly, because I worry a lot of people at /mu are bullshitting

As far as cheap stuff used goes, old peavey and marshall SS amps are a good bet for good cleans and passable dirt.

Don't be afraid of low wattage and little speakers, 8" is plenty to play way louder than an acoustic guitar or singer.

pics or it didn't happen

It'd look better with a bridge and a tailpiece. Asymetric body also looks weird on LP shaped guitars. Inlay concept is nice, tough.

But that's just my opinion, man, what counts is if you like it.

R O L A N D
O
L
A
N
D

seriously, Roland Cube series are great for the price.

I've never seen one here but I really like the way they look. I don't think evertunes are really worth it but I heard they're fine.

Reminds me of that motion sensor that modulates the sound according to it's spatial position. Can't remember the name.

on the fence about grabbing one of these Make Noise Erbe-verb modules. There is a free upgrade for the Clouds that is similar to the Erbe-verb. Not sure....

a theremin?

Same concept but it's specifically a guitar controller. I found it, it's called the Hot Hand.

Yes I need a computer or yes I can plug and play?

And I saw a video titled axe fx II vs BIAS and I assumed BIAS was like axe fx

and this is the other effect module that's most interesting for me. a delay with pitchshifting on repeats, and a freeze, along with two different feedback loop routing options. the Make Noise Echophon.

You can use Axe with poweramp and cab, Kemper even has integrated poweramp now.

>I assumed BIAS was like axe fx
It's not

Yeah, i really like that verb it has. amp was dry.

Here's a demo i made with one of the most powerful realtime granular delay processors pedals the Gotharman's FX little deFormer. This should illustrate what granular delay sounds like as i go through the parameters on your bare bones granular delay while playing guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=jPie7tAK0-4

These are just a couple of the algorithms that came with it. it does granular chorus, different sorts of delay's, reverbs, just awesome if a little cumbersome to program your algorithms.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQHwPDh5LrU

80s Peavey stuff = ultimate cheap amps.

I played a show in Seattle recently with this band who used a tiny little Peavey combo, maybe a Bandit but I'm not sure. It looked like a practice amp, was LOUD and didn't need to be micced! He sounded really good, it was kind of hard to believe.

I have a Fender Champion 30 for a practice amp but it's broken. Sounded good while it lasted.

poorfag, rolling in

Are Daddario single strings vacuum sealed? Can I buy them in bulk and just have them lying around for a year or so?

Let's say I've got a good chunk of money to spend on a les paul. What would you get /gg/? I played a Gibson 1958 reissue that I really liked, but if there are others with similar qualities that are much cheaper I would obviously go with that. I hear there are really nice examples from greco and tokai, but I've never found one in person.

I've done that and it seems fine.

One thing that always amazes me is how terrible all of your pedals sound. Rarely could I imagine a possible application for any of them outside of a one trick pony sound that I probably could have gotten easier and cheaper some other way.

This isn't hate, this is genuine bewilderment. Do you ever recognize any of your couture equipment as trash?

Well how are you going to sound good without a guitar?

clapping

i like sound, and manipulating it. you should stick to what you like i guess, i'm glad my demos were helpful.

ayyy

excuse me but you forgot something

lmao

How do you guys know what pedal to buy when there's so much shit in the market? Do you like go to a music store and spend a couple of hours listening to each different variation of some random effect?