Friendly reminder, if you’re using air coolers instead of liquid AIOs you’re a faggot deserving the bullet

Friendly reminder, if you’re using air coolers instead of liquid AIOs you’re a faggot deserving the bullet.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140665&page=85
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much to replace the liquid every month?

If you're on a budget, a 212 is hard to beat, though. Also, its air coolers are a lot safter.

I say this owning a x62

Depends on the age, I prefer using elijah craig 12, that gives me 12 years of operating time.

Why should I use anything else if it just works?

N15-D/S provides similar performance, if not better, to AIOs and is less of a hassle.

Wait, you need to replace the liquid every month? Fuck that.

This has to be bait
>AIOs
>more expensive than an air cooler
>not that much better performance if at all, can even be worse
>louder than an air cooler as you have a pump
>chance of leaking
>limited lifetime
There is no reason to spend 50% more on something that doesn't even do a better job

The only reason I use an AIO for is to get rid of that bulky big piece of metal putting stress on the socket which totally blocks all access to the board around the CPU while looking shitty.

No you don't. I don't love AIOs but you definitely don't need to replace the liquid every month..

*leaks*

Because these things are fucking huge and even more fucking hideous looking.

NH-D15 a cute!
a cute!!!!!!!!!!

>use air cooled heatsink
>get perfectly fine temps at 5Ghz
>0 maintenance
Yeah, nah I’m good.

I have no reason to use it over my 212+

Liquid is a better conductor of heat. How can this piece of knowledge make AIOs less better than air coolers? Go check. There’s hundreds of articles showing liquid bearing out air.

Even on a custom loop you only need you replace it every two years as long as you're using anti corrosive fluids and not plain distilled water like a memer

I have the NH D-14 and I love it. Thinking of getting the d15 at some point

Even if an AIO beats out an air cooler it is usually not significant enough to justify the extra price. I never said AIOs can't be better it's just the performance isn't that much better to warrant spending $60-70 more along with all the other issues of AIOs

>TR 1950X
>go liquid so I don't have to hear the WHIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>oops gotta leak

Friendly reminder, if you’re using (...) liquid AIOs you’re a faggot deserving the bullet.
give me one good reason to make my ordinary radiator cooling system more complicated. you can't

no, it's like a car. dunno how those cheap "prebuilt" solutions work, but in normal loop you have reservoir that holds extra liquid to keep everything at proper level. you probably lose some of the liquid through years, but definitely not every month. and being a ricer faggot custom loop owners are, they surely keep their windowed case somewhere to see, so even if tragedy would happen they can still easily monitor liquid level in reservoir

Air coolers are fucking big and stupid to look at. It’s cringe when you see a build with a tempered glass showing off a full metal fan.

The only reasonable use for an AIO is hybridized GPUs, they have much better results from cooling with liquid than you can get for a CPU. Being both quieter and cooler, resulting in better clocks with newer cards.

>Not using Vegetable Oil to cool your pc
Get on my level lads

mineral oil works well too

i have op pic related. keeps my xeon e3 1230 v5 running cool at 4.5ghz so its good shit. the hottest part of my system is the 1080ti..

TFW I just got a H100i V2 for $65 canadian

this. the difference in thermals that liquid cooled systems experience are pretty much negligible at the consumer level, OP just feels good when he shells out more money on something else stupid he can throw LEDs onto. just laugh at him like the rest of us, he doesn't know how fucking dumb he looks

*pricks your hoses*

You are bragging you spent 65 dollars on a pile of shit?

>moving the heat from a point to another and cooling it there is better than cooling the heat source directly

Water-cooling is overkill for running chips at stock and involves more headaches (pump failure, leaks, refilling reservoir).

Water-cooling only makes sense for aggressive overclocking without having to resort to loud-ass HSF and case fans.

>plain distilled water
I always laugh when "pro liquid coolers" actually recommend just using distilled water with a biocide concentrate to keep growth under control. It's like they've never studied galvanic corrosion in high school grade physics.
Not really worth it tbqh. You might gain a little improvement in acoustics from having a pair of 14mm fans over the 14/12mm combination, but the D14 is still an extremely high end cooler.

>Water-cooling only makes sense for aggressive overclocking without having to resort to loud-ass HSF and case fans
Water cooling in a custom loop you must mean as an AIO at full tilt is often louder than a large HSF due to pump noise

all heatsinks move heat from one point to another.

Using a corsair h100iv2

A lot of the pricier aircoolers have heatpipes which make them essentially pumpless liquid coolers

Why? My computer just doesn't get that hot

Feels kind of nice during these cold months actually

>$65 on a method that outperforms the best aircoolers

>I'm 12 years old and what is thermodynamics

Trying to explain laws of physics to some of these Sup Forums mouthbreathers is a waste of time. I had one of them once tell me he made his room temperature cooler by putting his box in front of his window A/C unit.

>galvanic corrosion in high school grade physics.

Sounds like you've never studied planned obsolescence.

So, "pro liquid coolers" intentionally build obsolescence into their systems?

>liquid coolers still need fans to dissipate the heat stored in the liquid

Liquidfags BTFO, still at the mercy of BASED AIR.

I don't know but I would want to be selling each MLG gamer a new one every 3 years.

Well if you were serious and you lived in a cold climate, you could reroute your water loop out through your wall and have a massive heat sink outside, air conditioner style.

I'm sure there is somebody up in Saskatchewan that does shit like that. Or maybe they even just play out side, I dunno.

i just got the Fractal Celsius S36 because its cheap and i want to upgrade it in the future when i know more about water cooling...did i just kill myself anons?

>Fractal Celsius S36

There's not much to know about water cooling. Do you have an automobile? Think about how much heat the engine generates. Then, ask yourself why the radiator needs to be kept full of fluid and as a bonus, why is it kept at the FRONT of the vehicle?

If you don't like what you bought after a few months, just sell it on fleabay and get a better one, no big deal.

I'm talking about owners. Not vendors. If anything vendors try to push their premix and concentrates.

Friendly reminder that NZXT is a botnet.

They sell other colored fans now.
Also this exists and performs about the same.

DUDE
WHICH ONE DO I GET

BE QUIET DARK ROCK PRO 3 OR NH-D15

I CANT FUCKING MAKE UP MY MIND ON AN AIR COOLER FOR MY BUILD

I have an x62 too but my temps are super high compared to what others are getting

yep. it's about price per performance value. air just flat out wins

Best cooling performance: NH-D15
Best silence: DRP 3
Best Weeb: Scythe Mugen 5

it's a computer not a Christmas tree you idiot.

its a fucking cooling system you absolute brainlet

found your case bro

See you in 6 months complaining about how your aio broke my nibba

t. HSF buyer's remorse

They can monitor your activities based on the rate of flow of your coolant.

Oh yeah. You're not supposed to know that one.

Or maybe I don't like paying 4x the price for a couple degrees.

>4x the price

>louder
>doesn't cool as well
>significantly higher chance of failure
if your case isn't low profile, then you're an idiot to run one

>84% of liquid performance with zero of the worries and 1/3 the price

My Noctua keeps my 6700K below 70 while doing extreme stress testing, why should I use anything else

Protip: All cooling is air cooling.

>not vacuum cooling at -273
>2058-40

WATER COOLERS ARE AIR COOLED U FUCKING FAGGOT

t. air to air heatsink master race
HOW DARE YOU NOCTURA A CUTEQT

"only"
bitch please, air cooling lasts for decades with no issues

unless you stick your fingers into the fans.

retard.

Do you do anything important with your computer

>t. pic related
Because a decent 280mm AIO will keep better temps again. But if you're happy with mediocrity, that's fine.
If you don't dust your system, don't upgrade anything and generally have no other reason to open your case for "decades", then you're probably shitposting on a Pentium II Celeron with an inch of dust sitting inside.

>pic related
:^)

>212
Obsolete trash. Get the Cryorig H7.

>implying this case look isn't perfection

It is perfect... For someone who wears pic related.

You are like somebody who says a 2007 Silverado is obsolete trash on /o/

Problem is /o/ aren't babies like Sup Forums is

You people are just losers, spending mommy's boyfriend's construction paycheck

>Problem is /o/ aren't babies like Sup Forums is
I beg the differ... Have you spent time in /o/ in the last 8 years?

Nah, fedoras only want case that display their rainbow led and their custom water loop.
People that does actual work on their pc don't care about how it looks, as they'll be looking at the actual monitor

Shrug, my 2500k is getting there, still has the hyper 212 or whatever its called

>Nah, fedoras only want case that display...
No, you're thinking of the backwards cap wearing ricers. Fedoras (or hipsters, same thing) are intentionally contrarian, and when talking PC cases specifically they like to claim they don't care about its form... yet hypocritically being forthcoming about its form.

but how would they be able to tell more than just when you are doing more cpu intensive tasks?

>air equal to AIO
>air still works is something malfunctions

Fuck off like

>no fans eventually get rekt slowly
>pump dies
>new part+labour

Air is king it works without fans, fan are addons to boost performance.

Get rekt air is autonomous cooling system.

Allow me to remind you shouldn't buy Corsair products and if you do plan to buy something from them on the future, you deserve a spanking.
forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140665&page=85

their power supplies and mousepads arent bad

I literally have an old Corsair AX-650w
come at me

>HSFs are better than AIOs, because they work at an inferior rate for a longer period
You remind me of the Intel shills that defend their TIM paste.

AIO's are shit though.

Go custom liquid or use air cooling you chucklefuck

>implying I haven't gone custom loop
Nice strawman attempt, but AIO is still better than HSF.

I'm not that much of a brainlet to put water near my fucking computer. I'll stick to air cooler k fag

>I'm not that much of a brainlet
On the contrary, you sound like too much of a brainlet, so it's probably best you minimise risk. You should also wear mittens when operating the toaster.

Write and compile code, video editing, occasional gaming. Stress test means linpack, just to let you know
>70 degrees under heavy load
>mediocrity
Ok, take this (You) and this sage

and a 280 AIO will drop those temps again and allow higher clock speeds.

Posting in a guaranteed 300 replies thread.

Air cooler faggots are usually poorfags and therefore very insecure and will eat this bait up in no time.

I prefer stability, silence, low power consumption, and life span

So, something an AIO provides?

Quieter, more stable cooling performance, same power consumption as a fan on high and the components that it cools last way longer because the better cooling performance. An AIO is easily going to last 3 years unless you cheap out, unless you're really a poorfag who does not put money into maintaining their computer, might as well stick to your copper blocks.

This. Although a decent AIO will last a lot longer than 3 years.

I was talking about overclock, but let's take the bait
>Quieter
A pump can be louder that good fans, and needs to always be powered; my fans only go on after 40 degrees, which means they're almost always off when I'm not doing heavy stuff
>Power consumption
A pump objectively need more power than a few fans, and a rad is useless without fans which means you still have some
>Better cooling performance
Again, a good air cooler can beat an AIO easily
>Lasts 3 years
My Noctua lasts until someone destroys it because it works even without a fan, meanwhile it comes without any risk of leaks or water evaporation

Liquid cooling is superior only for GPUs and compact systems, deal with it. I'm getting tired of saging