What are your reasons for not using LaTex?

What are your reasons for not using LaTex?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_document_markup_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It just isn't my fetish.

>western bimbos
No thanks

My employer provides me with a full office 365 subscription.

I'm finished with my PhD thesis and all the scientific journals that we publish in are using Word files. That's what you get for working in life sciences...

p sure this heux is western as well

but i do

My condolences

I thought that LaTex was the standard writing program in scientific courses/universities. Tracing graphs, tables and mathematical expressions in Word must be a pain.

Nah

Good boy

Why condolences. I have no use for LaTex anyway.

Once you learn LaTex, you won't have any use for Word anymore.

I don't use LaTeX but I also don't use Word. I'm mostly interested in the semantics of documentation, not typesetting, so I use this. It's not mutually exclusive to LaTeX though. For example, there's an "assessment" type of document, and translating it to a LaTeX quiz (with TeXML) is a convenient way of getting PDF output.

Because I use *roff.

what would i even do with it? its a really big package even when its splitted in multiple packages and slows down updates.

why do people take screenshots of lossy pictures instead os saving and posting the original?

>what would i even do with it
Do the same stuff you do on any Office suite in a better way in a shorter time

Because I'm a noob

i use only nano and geany for text editing.

I don't write papers.

a few years ago I had a physics professor that actually complained about me submitting my homework in a beautifully formatted .pdf built in lyx instead of some fuckass ms word format

i do it's the best material for tying up lollies

Why? That professor didn't know how to open a pdf?

Neither do I, but LaTex is simply better than Office for even short documents.

Which country?

>but LaTex is simply better than Office for even short documents

Just use markdown.

he never explained his reasons, despite me asking him about it several times, but I'm pretty sure it's because he was a lazy piece of shit and used some kind of automated grading tool
one time I tried submitting a word document with only answers and no work shown and still got full points

USA, but the professor was a pajeet

I have no problems with Latex

Markdown + pandoc works perfectly with a lot less typing. I only use LaTeX if I need specific formatting.

Pandoc can handle latex so there's no reason not to just use markdown and then throw in the latex that you need.

Shitty teacher.

That's what I do already. When I said "I use LaTeX" I meant I embed it in the Markdown source.

>pajeet
Jesus Christ. I'm sorry for that, user.

I always need specific formatting. I've been having way too much fun since when I've started practicing on Memoir class.

I hate pajeets.

I use it on the rare occasion I need to actually do anything with document preparation or typesetting.
I usually use rudimentary markdown for writing documentation, and the rest of my time is spent working with code.
I used to live by LaTeX back in college though. I had templates for everything, which helped a lot.

i had exact opposite situation. there was this one guy who wouldn't even accept non-latex documents (he required some basic documentations and stuff on his classes), and writing bachelor thesis under him was equal to mandatory latexing. though i understand the guy, word documents look like eight year old's work on computer stuff studies.

i was writing my thesis under other guy, but i used latex anyway. i can't really imagine doing all of the formatting in word and ending up with something that looks more like a joke than a proper paper
is there even any good way to manage bibliography in word? a way that wouldn't fuck up everything you did because you accidentally moved something the wrong way?

>>western bimbos
>continues to post disgusting western bimbo
Faggot.

i use latex for assignments, theses, papers, job applications, everything

i dont get how you would not use latex

I think asciidoc and markdown do a better job for my usecase. I write documentation for stuff at work most of the time, so it should be fast, modifiable without much effort and still look good for the end user.

>i dont get how you would not use latex
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_document_markup_languages

underfull hbox *twitch* (badness 10000) *twitch*

post some templates

Having deadlines.