Is this shit a meme or really works?
Will post results in 15-20m

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if dubs it will work

do it lmao

Dem dubs
I finished baking it and now I'm waiting for it to cool down a little to try it, looks like nothing burned

ohhhhhnow you have to OP

It'll probably work for a bit. If the issue is related to the soldered connections.

Its the common AMD black screen of death, looks like a lot of people fixed it baking it but I don't know if its some kind of meta trolling but looks like a GPU can stand 200c over 15 minutes without any dmg

So, just to test if it works I can mount it without thermal paste, right?

doesnt this tecnique kill the capacitors?

I can confirm, Fixed a dead 9800GTX+ this way,
220 C for 30 mins if i remember correct.
Also dubs

>Is this shit a meme or really works?
50/50

>Is this shit a meme or really works?
dude if this shit worked then
shops would invest in ovens so that
when computer boards got returned they would bake them for you.

The fact that manufacturers dont bake these boards when you return them should tell you something

Not true. It heats the substrate under die and melts tiny solder and it can help. Temporally

according to manufacturers the only reason you would do this is to remove moisture from any joints or layers of the PCB. It does not reflow the solder unless at 360 degrees or more, and that kind of heat will cause capacitors to explode

Capacitors won't explode, they will increase their ESR and loose capacity.
100% safe method - unsolder them before baking.

Yes, it has to be perfectly level though and don't touch it until it cools off. Don't open oven door either.

Well it booted and worked for like 2 minutes and then this
Maybe thermal paste avoid this uh

Nevermind temps are fine, the card is the issue, I guess I can try to bake it a little more

M8 what are you doing

Im running a furmark lets crash the gpu qith no survivors

Fucking lol

Alright, its in the oven again at max temperature, lets give it a last chance

Dammit, why don't you buy fucking hot-air and do this way

modern solid state capacitors are fine i think

baked a dead shitbook mobo and it worked

Same shit, artifacts everywhere and crash when I try to 3D
Oh well, at least I tried, looks like the oven is not a meme since pre oven card could not even boot but this card just can't be helped

Can you put a card into a microwave to fix it too ?

Sorry user the microwave trick only works for charging iPhones

Yes. If you have an older microwave without a "Motherboard" setting, use "Pork".

So if I have a broken microvawe I can put an iphone inside and it will start working? What magic is that?

Yeah you know how big factories make motherboards with “wave” soldering? The wave is short for microwave and you can basically do what they do with a blast in a regular 1000w home version. 3 minutes on high should do it

Wayyyyyyy too much. I baked mine for 10 min on 210°C

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY DELAYO AND JAMAL ABEDEGURAYO (THE GHETTO OVEN BROTHERS) OF SOWETO SOUTH AFRICA

>kill yourself with toxic fumes trying to revive a shit tier card

user...

It works, I've done reflows on my 780ti at least 5 times in the past 3 years.

I don't have one of those reflow stations, the trick is in controlling the temperature closely, I use a heat gun and an IR temp reader to heat certain parts of the gpu and try to emulate pic related as much as possible.

Don't be a retard and simply apply heat expecting it to make it work, faggot

How did you put it in the oven then 4 mins later have it cooled down and have the cooler re-attached and installed in the PC. OP is full of shit.

fixed my 9800 gtx+ that way a long time ago, pretty sure it still works

>45 minutes between posts
Damn, you are retarded as fuck

bumping for a cooked board. where are you OP?

It's a bad idea: youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0

I'm done with it, after 2 bakes it runs but can't 3D at all and crash/artifacts/this by merely idling

The card took 0 burn dmg and capacitors are alive and well but the GPU is just dead, I guess it can work in other ones

My main fear was burning the shit that goes into the pci slot and fucking up my mobo but its just fine

his job is at stake here

I hope you're never going to cook anything in that oven ever again, otherwise enjoy your lead poisoning.

I'm literally doing a frozen pizza for dinner on it right now
shit is fine, unles that google image I used on OP I used a plate instead of foil

reflowing chips in the oven is a fucking myth, it was never intended to do what you're saying, it never will do that, and at best, if it helps, it's probably because of expansion within the chip moving some tiny shit into place temporarily, or, yeah, moisture or similar problems

it is not hot enough to reflow, and if it was, it'd probably kill other parts of the board or damage joints

if you want to replace or reflow a bga chip, I hope you like paying out the fucking ASS for a machine that can actually do it without fucking everything else up, cos an oven ain't gonna do shit

y'all niggas need to watch some louis rossmann

he's reballing the GPU

I mean, a pretty good rework station or a chinkshit ir reflow oven can be had for a couple hundred bucks, it aint that expensive, it's more a matter of being skilled enough to handle bazillion-pin bga ics without fucking everything up. good luck on that part.

exactly

I sorta doubt the kinda person who would defend this kind of shit would have any idea how to work either of those things properly. I remember back when this shit started gaining traction with some 8800s that were dying and then the 360 and PS3, and now fucktards all over the internet think it's a magical cure for anything with a dying chip on it, and I hate it

If you want to do it PROPERLY properly you're looking at like... small car dollars for a proper bga placing machine, reflow oven, rework station, maybe an ultrasonic cleaner for after you get flux and spaghetti everywhere etc.

this works temporarily, if you're lucky, and is more likely caused by something internal to the actual GPU die (or straight up just the RAM dying), much less likely a solder ball, and even LESS likely something you could fix by hand

>couple hundred bucks
>not that expensive
I mean, this is the kind of shit you do when you're a poorfag and DON'T want to spend a couple hundred bucks. If your GPU is out of warranty, it's almost certainly worth less than that(or at least would be, if the prices were anywhere near normal).

Well, I used baking as something to do before just dumping the card

Too bad GPU prices are retarded right now, I will be stuck on integrated for a while

RIP frames friendo

I had a card I was going to bake, but I honestly couldn't go through with it.

It just seemed way too much like the start of a story that end in me being burnt out of a house.

Sell it as a minercard on ebay. Mention it is utterly baked to mine.

jews didn't explode back then

Retard spotted

Ignore retards itt. Ignore the shitskin jew rosscuckman. This can be done and works if you do Why is it not a permanent fix? Because the card has lead-free solder and can't withstand rapid thermal cycles, this is worse in cards that get very hot. How would you fix it properly? Reballing with lead solder.

RoHS compliant sticker = no lead
That doesn't do shit, lead can be vaporized and stick to oven walls, parts and get into the fan stuff. But it's RoHS, so no lead.

Obvious troll

i did this to my g3 7min 200C......died :D (i was going for all or nothing )

This reminds me of something you used to be able to do with a 360 if the graphics fucked up. My memory's really vague but I think you disconnect some cooling or something and that melted something and gave it some temporary relief. I remember doing it and the next time I played Fight Night it didn't render the boxers so I just had two pairs of gloves beating invisible faces.

I remember that too. Weren't you supposed to wrap it in a towel and let it overheat?

Is this just one big troll thread?

U tech illiterate snotball