Friend is a typical Sup Forumsenius

>friend is a typical Sup Forumsenius
>owned a 6700k
>sold it for a 1700
>his fans run louder
>his idle temps are higher
>ram stuck at 2133
>same exact setup besides mobo and cpu

i understand ryzen is a good budget option by why in the world would you go from an i7 to ryzen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sjzzdkUvKhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because twice the cores? Also ram problems are gone.

>ayymd cpu

not once

>1600 hotter than a 6700k
Not even delidded

You forgot the part where his new 1700 wipes the floor with his 6700K.

Because the 1950x is that much better ten Intel's shitty i9 processors.

>why in the world would you go from an i7 to ryzen?
Probably because you want more cores/threads.
youtube.com/watch?v=sjzzdkUvKhk

>muh workstations

people buy expensive cpus so they can future proof gaymes. sure if you make videos ryzen makes sense but i dont so why cheap out?

this is why

>7600 at 0

rly makes you think

>people buy expensive cpus so they can future proof gaymes

How about we buy expensive cpus so we can actually work on our PCs? Yes, video editing included.

He probably runs virtual machines and other work that requires more physical cores.

>check this diagram made by amd, this must be true, they can't lie on internet
The absolute state of AMDrones

I went from i7 kaby to 1700x. I didn't need the single core performance and the multitasking capability is worth the switch, especially for media work

Went from an E3 Xeon V3 4C/8T @ 3.8ghz to a 1700x @ 3.825Ghz @ 1.363v

get 2~3 FPS lower in games on the 1700x, ram is still stuck at 2666, boots to windows but black screens as soon as you hit the CPU with a load at anything higher than 3.825ghz even with 1.45v and this was on x370 chipset.

Don't game much, but already hammer 8+ threads on the 1700x so already wishing that I had money for TR.

Also living in Asia Pacific where the 1700x costs more than a fucking 8700K. ($463 USD vs $398 USD)

Built a 8700K for a friend (8700 was out of stock), all cores @ 4.7ghz via MCE/Auto under a 240mm CLC he wanted it built for VR/streaming, blows my 1700x away in cinebench and games.

Keep telling myself that I chose the Ryzen for the 16 threads and that I can upgrade once more to the last AM4 Ryzen when DDR5 starts rolling out.

does the K stand for Kelvins?

You're a dumbass and if you can't properly build a ryzen system you deserve what you get.

>Can't hit anything higher than 3.825Ghz
>You aren't building a Ryzen system properly! It's easy! Silicon lottery isn't a thing! GO AMD!

i think your problem is
>ram is still stuck at 2666
if you were to buy components that are not shit and are compatible with your mb then you wouldn't have your ram stuck at low frequencies

The highest validated ram speed for 16gb dimms on my board is the
G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-32GVR
CORSAIR CMK64GX4M4B3000C15(Ver4.31)
Both can only reach 2933 @ 1.35V with timings like 15-17-17-35 and only with 2 dimms.

Highest 16gb dimms will go is 2666 when running 4 dimms on my board.

Off to you go.

Sup Forums larps like they are all video editors but they are really just using them for games and maybe compiling. Maven uses 1 core lol so intel is better for java devs

>muh niggahurtz

>485 watts on that i9 7960X 4.6GHz
Good Lord the almighty creator of Earth and Heavens.

Actual editor here. Compositing is the big killer when it comes to video editing, which surprises me because no one here ever mentions it. All benchmarks are done in premiere pro with fucking warp stabilizer which is never used except in ISIS videos.

What is compositing

>Equal across the board
Yeah right.

>Also ram problems are gone.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

He fell for the constant AMD shilling, it happens to the best of us.

it's when you convert your poops to food for carrots

alright who's the asshole that bumped this shit thread

Can you actually use human poop as compost?

no it stands for Kevin, it's my colleague