I'm going to get free fibre with my job but I already have a contract that has 18 months to run...

I'm going to get free fibre with my job but I already have a contract that has 18 months to run, is there any way I can have 2 fibre suppliers to my house so I can have a connection to myself separate from the rest of the house? Britbong btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

broadbandbuyer.com/products/25794-draytek-v2952-k/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

C'mon guys, any help would be appreciated

Don't worry guys, I'll ask sci, they'll probably know

Gee bill, two fibres?!

But seriously, you should never have left the EU. Binding periods aren't legal, and they shouldn't be either.

Why do you care?
Is fiber not enough for you?
I mean, I get 1Gbit, and at this point, it's my hard drives not keeping up.

Are you retarded?
As long as they use two different runs, no problem what so-ever.

How do you think apartment buildings deliver internet to multiple residents? Just get another ONT.

It's free.

Thought you freetards might understand

>I mean, I get 1Gbit, and at this point, it's my hard drives not keeping up.
Then you have shitty hard drives that are several years old or 5400RPM.

My 7200RPM HDDs have no issue with gigabit write speeds.

Best generally available fibre in UK is up to 76mbit, so congrats on having 1gb.

Cool story bro

Depends on how it's delivered. I had fiber and copper at the same time, but you can't have two fibers at once.

I do have shitty hard drives, but they were top notch when I bought them.
They're all 7200rpm.
Also, depends on how cluttered the disk is.
First sectors are sometime twice as fast as end ones.
In fact, I wouldn't be having them if I hadn't bought 2 Seagate's 3TB piece of shit.
Now, I only have 20 TB of storage.

>My 7200RPM HDDs have no issue with gigabit write speeds
It's the not the RPM that makes them special, Jimmy. I have 7200RPM HDDs from literally over 10 years ago that can't sustain 50MB/s transfer rate.

That's why you should read the first part of my post
>you have shitty hard drives that are several years old

>but you can't have two fibers at once.
Sure you can, just requires another fiber run.

>contract

I've bought 5 Seagates in my in entire life. All of them failed during warranty, got them replaced with WDs, none of which have died.

Do NOT buy Seagate. They're marginally cheaper, but they're guaranteed to die before MTBF.

>Sure you can, just requires another fiber run.
I don't think the ISPs are going to agree to that setup.

To claim that you knew that the RPM made no difference doesn't make any sense, given that you said this
>My 7200RPM HDDs
If you knew that, your sentence is the car equivalent of saying
>Then you have a shitty old car or some 4x4
>My 4-wheel car is car is faster than yours
So I'd bet 10:1 that you thought the RPM counted.

Fucking retard.

Why not? Happens all the time in houses that have apartments in them.

They just run another fiber and setup another ONT for the other customer.

Happens literally all the time.

>To claim that you knew that the RPM made no difference doesn't make any sense, given that you said this
RPM does make a difference, modern 5400 RPM drives wont write fast enough, I have both modern 5400RPM and 7200RPM.

RPM and age of the drives both have effect.

In comparison to age, the effect is negligible.

Face it, you argued about something you know fuck all about.

Is this a bongland thing? Never heard of such things in Scandinavia.

>Is this a bongland thing? Never heard of such things in Scandinavia.
No it's a fiber internet thing.

You know you can just say smth to ur provider. Or tell me new, with some luck I'll design two drop outlets for you.

>B4 not a fttp designer for britbong

RPM is unimportant.
What matters is plateau density.
If you can't understand that, you're just underage or something.

I'm not the scandinavian you are replying to, but why would the ISP care? ISPs don't own the actual cables, cable companies do. If you pay for another fiber run into your wall, they don't care.

Don't get cocky, kiddo, I got fiber too.

Yeah... obviously that's what i've been saying.

Congrats? That obviously doesn't mean you understand how it works.

If you mean FTTC Fibre via ADSL (telephone line), then BT Openreach will send out an engineer to connect a second ADSL line to your home.

That's the one.

So it is possible in a relatively simple way then

Sorta.

From what I've seen at the place where I work, they would install a second telephone line to the building and another BT Openreach master socket inside - It took half a day to install and get up and running.

I've got no idea what it would be like for residential installations (like in your case), but I would assume it would be a similar process.

It's incredibly simple - you just order a new telephone line to be installed, then order FTTC on it. Openreach will come to your house and put the socket wherever you like within reason.
If you buy a router that supports load-balancing you can use both lines simultaneously (although not for a single data stream).

Here's a router that would run both connections:
broadbandbuyer.com/products/25794-draytek-v2952-k/

>is there any way I can have 2 fibre suppliers to my house so I can have a connection to myself separate from the rest of the house?
Yes? You realize you can have several ISPs at the same time or even several connections from the same ISP.

As long as you have the money, there is no problem.