Who the fuck is this guy and why isn't Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, the two biggest contributers to modern computers...

Who the fuck is this guy and why isn't Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, the two biggest contributers to modern computers, in the sticky?

It's Gordon Moore you absolute pleb.

And who exactly is that nigger?

top kek

ok, let's take OP seriously now anons, that's Richard Stallman, the creator of Linux.

>ok, let's take OP seriously now anons, that's Richard Stallman, the creator of Linux.

oh shit my bad, bad headache here guys, he's a dev of Linux the creator is Linus Torvalds something like that.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>creates a os for nerds with 2% market share
What an amazing achievement....

The inventor of Gordon's Rule you pleb

Stop lying.

nu Sup Forums is too dumb to meme RMS.

What's RMS?

>creates an OS that works for you, not for big business
Yes, truly a great achievement

>linux
>working

2% out of 5 billion people is 100.000.000.
I'd say that is an achievement.

>never used Linux so you wouldn't know
Pretty close to flawless

He is Linux Stallman, the creator of Gentoo Unix.

Not really consider that windows or mac is installed on 4.900.000.000 computers.

Bhahahahahaha
With the nerd os it's always been that you spend most of the time fixing something. If this wasn't the case it would be more poular.

It's the equational constant of Moore's Law. Gordon Moore the guy in OP's pic invented the law.

Windows (96%) or Mac (another 2%).
Are you a master of generalization, or just a retard?

>implying there is someone named Linux
Hahahaha! Good joke.

Mac has like 30% market share these days, deservedly if you ask me.

>source: me cunt

Steve and bill begins bussiness people, Sup Forums is for workers

According to whom? Last year and before, fuck yeah i hated it. Haven't had any issues for over a year though and everything works as it should.

Just remember that not all distros are the same, some work better than others and have varying 3rd party support.

DE wise, xfce and kde are hands down the best
Distro wise, ive only had luck with debian derivatives. Suse, RHEL & co can get fucked

That's a pretty accurate estimation. If you think that I am wrong you gotta prove it.

Is this the guy who made Games of Thrones?

>2% desktop
>almost monopoly over server
Say it full or shut up pajeet

WHO IS THE MAN PICTURED IN THE STICKIE?
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE BEARD?

>Sup Forums is for workers

Then why is everyone here a neet?

The same reason why MLP should've a 8 yo girl-only fanbase really

Why does every brainlet, with no background in tech, always say that linux users spend of all of their time fixing shit? This has been true for me when I'm working on a NEW servers, but not on desktops.

*tips fedora*

>"tech background"
>pajeet tier english
>ebyn brainlet reactions
The stench of a 17 year old archloonix "enthusiast" is almost unbearable.

>Steve Jobs or Bill Gates

Are not interested in freedom. Most Stallmanposts are niiger=tier shitpoasting but he tend to be right well in advance of popular recognition of threats to freedom.

None of this actually matters now that Sup Forums is Sup Forums and dumbcucks keep trying to turn it into Sup Forumsb/

>freedom
>Sup Forums - Technology
Well, at least you admit you're a dumb cuck.

Not him but I've used Linux since Corel Linux and don't have that problem. If you do, use Windows and fucking stay there because Windows is perfect and will only become more perfect until it becomes Applel so fuck off.

Freedom to use what I own is helped greatly by others who also like tech freedom. Tools and the ability to use and modify them easily matters. For meatspace stuffs, google "right to repair" you idiot nigg3r.

Stallman is basically Sup Forums incarnate.

This is the perfect image for the sticky. Prove me wrong.

>linus being smug as usual
>microsoft and indians
>dead tux
>"run"
You win.

Nope, I use debian. Not sure why you say pajeet tier; my english is very good.
>typical windows user