Give me a song. I'll listen to it and do some critique. It can be material of yours if you want

Give me a song. I'll listen to it and do some critique. It can be material of yours if you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c71RCAyLS1M
youtube.com/watch?v=C3rg4psdHxw
youtube.com/watch?v=6CozBD3GAP0
youtube.com/watch?v=wMbQsKJ64S0
youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
youtube.com/watch?v=X8GH_zacKZ0
youtu.be/gN2zcLBr_VM
youtube.com/watch?v=FVbupT0o0gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i-zIXTn63hg
youtu.be/VfEvLC1Lw8c
youtube.com/watch?v=fWeDev0QWLc
youtube.com/watch?v=0541GWOYkKM
youtube.com/watch?v=MbTggEMAtHs
vocaroo.com/i/s0adEBYz7B0v
youtube.com/watch?v=fAnkU9hqJbE
youtube.com/watch?v=WVE90vGS9ps
youtube.com/watch?v=wilAJ3IMqOo
youtube.com/watch?v=c_l8RXpYYjA
youtube.com/watch?v=YQAIdE0hP50
nocband.bandcamp.com/track/swallow-this-fire
youtube.com/watch?v=_LP5ryVs_P0
youtube.com/watch?v=OWodAv1KHaM
apmacroeconomics.bandcamp.com/track/does-she-have-a-cdl
youtu.be/5gInU1kE7C0?t=55s
youtube.com/watch?v=RZfI9AT6QXU
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Ispkd-SZ0
vocaroo.com/i/s0FX2iaM1oOt
youtube.com/watch?v=kkx-7fsiWgg
youtube.com/watch?v=4gnntMvMgx4
vocaroo.com/i/s1uNJ4p0CSmJ
vocaroo.com/i/s0XBdKCIpVIQ
soundcloud.com/scratchbear/deafcon
www9.zippyshare.com/v/BnFuQxVc/file.html
apmacroeconomics.bandcamp.com/track/bagels-are-ill-2
youtube.com/watch?v=IAXjQ7gy6Y0
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj3k5_hwNXMAhUX4mMKHe4NDwMQtwIIPDAH&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0fvUgvvQg&usg=AFQjCNE2cWdcYOrC7bklrTh1U5zBdFp66g&sig2=xHIUb6Gennie9lilO25OEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0fvUgvvQg
youtube.com/watch?v=8r1GhOwzDNI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5jjFAK38g
youtube.com/watch?v=fOaTEDYJmi0
youtube.com/watch?v=2C0F7eFxhXM
youtube.com/watch?v=1nTxbRyRMnY
youtube.com/watch?v=a3dGArEa9fA
youtube.com/watch?v=l0gVLb8i0aw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSVwcRcMIk&index=5&list=PLH22-xSMERQpG4M9HshhXUJ9OKMNlwU8T
youtube.com/watch?v=hbnnFxXLuJk
youtube.com/watch?v=hsr-kN3QU8U
youtube.com/watch?v=gan1oKzVtiU
youtu.be/1uWfTUby9IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey man, appreciate it youtube.com/watch?v=c71RCAyLS1M

youtube.com/watch?v=C3rg4psdHxw

youtube.com/watch?v=6CozBD3GAP0

could you check this one out for me my man youtube.com/watch?v=wMbQsKJ64S0

Very nice start, that's a lot of sound for just a voice and an ukulele. Didn't expect the percussions mid-way. Nailed composition and lenght. (7.5/10)
I think this played in Namco videogame collection game on PC during the selection menu? Good sounds and progression, the voice felt a bit off. I like that style of singing but it didn't fit well... (6/10)

Oh well, there is a lot of effort and it sounds like a proper song. The piano blends well, but the song's third act is lame and the backing vocals were stereotypical as hell. Really generic lyrics and production... (5.5/10)
It's like a mediocre stamp of the first song, very little variation. (4/10)

thanks my dude
youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

youtube.com/watch?v=X8GH_zacKZ0

I've always been on the not-so-cringy side on this. TMM is some experimental shizz. The guitarist is going all virtuoso on this but there is little coherent material throughout all of the set. At 4 minutes in they redeem themselves. It's like Ride and early Slint had a crazy nerd baby. Mad drums, bass is on point. (8/10)

Now, this is art
youtu.be/gN2zcLBr_VM

Ladies and gentleman, The next anthony fantano

just found this guy yesterday and I like it

youtube.com/watch?v=FVbupT0o0gQ

youtube.com/watch?v=i-zIXTn63hg

youtu.be/VfEvLC1Lw8c
I dont know what hour is better, please help me

Bad production, he sounds like someone who just... tried. Decent movements there. Not a great song to cover... (3.5/10)
Cage's piece is one big meme. Modern and contemporary art itself doesn't have standards by definition, so I really can't judge anything. Just analyse. It's a meme indeed. (?/10)
Missing punctuation and a wrong choice of casing don't honor the dubs very well. (5.5/10)

youtube.com/watch?v=fWeDev0QWLc

>Missing punctuation and a wrong choice of casing don't honor the dubs very well. (5.5/10)
kek

I don't like the burstsy/high filtered drum change. Whack beat, sick flow and lyrics. The ending is DGripsesque. (7/10)
Reminds me of Halsey which isn't really a good sign... (2/10 for now, requires more time to decide)
Hot fucking damn, this is a literal drum banger. I hope the lyrics are good. Those fucking backing screams kill it. (9/10)

What are your qualifications pertaining to the criticism of music?

Hey OP, you forgot to review:

I have basic knowledge of music theory, can play piano and bass decently and I listen before I say anything.
I have, it's the 3.5/10 one, I hit the wrong reply.

You should start a youtube channel. This sort of criticism would fit in well there.

youtube.com/watch?v=0541GWOYkKM

Interested in hearing your thoughts OP

youtube.com/watch?v=MbTggEMAtHs

vocaroo.com/i/s0adEBYz7B0v

Tear me up OP.

Strawberry Jam is my favorite record from AnCo, yet I think that Reverend Green is probably its weakest song: it goes quite hard but doesn't transmit the same feels as any other song. While every piece of soundscape from SJ can fit a definite image in your head, Reverend Green struggles to do so since the signifier is as tame as the message, even if well done by my standards. The cryptic lyrics and the accessible tunes sure make a weird contrast, but it's not my shtick. I don't know if, objectively, it could be good, but it could be done a tad better. (8.5/10)

youtube.com/watch?v=fAnkU9hqJbE

youtube.com/watch?v=WVE90vGS9ps

It feels hard to rate this, it's a generic rock song with a slight quality twist. Kind of a vengeful happy feeling, lasts as long as it should, good vocals. (A point more or less from 6.5/10, giving the benefit of the doubt here)
Feels like the ending theme for a 2006-2009 DS video game, processed by MIDI. (6/10 if it's made to fit the mood)

Correction, like the really sad moment when you discover someone died in a DS RPG.
I like the ups and down as the song goes and get the right kind of vibe. Feels like homemade tempura. Gets good in the middle. (7.5/10)
Never heard this one but I know that QOTSA knows how to give a certain kind of emotion. Nice progression and drums, the vocals at the start fit perfectly. (9/10)

youtube.com/watch?v=wilAJ3IMqOo

Hey OP! You forgot this!

for u youtube.com/watch?v=c_l8RXpYYjA

I'm so nervious by this one

youtube.com/watch?v=YQAIdE0hP50

SPOILER: turn down the volume of your speakers

nocband.bandcamp.com/track/swallow-this-fire

jazz

Experimental film soundtrack? Feels useless as a standalone song. I like the tempo. (?/10)
I'd be down to do this but I only have one hour.
Classical jap culturewanking, feels like an anime theme on drugs. Great presentation, the horns guys aren't that skilled but I'm down with it. (7/10 for performance, 8/10 for on-stage fuckery)

I'm having a 3 minute pause to piss and shit. Use this time to remember I'm boss.

youtube.com/watch?v=_LP5ryVs_P0
i'd like to see what you think of these guys

Please ignore the video of the alien dancing cumbia 100% real no fake

Just listen to the sample and thell me what you think of it, is very short

youtube.com/watch?v=OWodAv1KHaM

apmacroeconomics.bandcamp.com/track/does-she-have-a-cdl

THE AWESOMENESS OF NIRVANA

youtu.be/5gInU1kE7C0?t=55s

Good, but it feels "lost"... nice lyrics, well produced, it just doesn't make sense sonorically. What is the growling bassline and repeated drumming supposed to make me feel? (6.5/10)
The bass is just perfect. Great guitar and singing, it's like SOAD fused with Dismemberment Plan. I already told myself to get into these guys. (8/10)
Melody's perfect. Nice voice and oh my, those hi-hats! Curious tempo changes, I could delve into this with more listens. (8.5/10)
Crappy latino drum machine music from the '80s they would use in comedy movies whenever someone went to South America. (4.5/10)

youtube.com/watch?v=RZfI9AT6QXU

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Ispkd-SZ0

to be fair, in the latin music i'm surprised that you didn't put it a 1

vocaroo.com/i/s0FX2iaM1oOt
6.vbnfkgtl or: Fuck Me Lil Boi

youtube.com/watch?v=kkx-7fsiWgg

This music is in every corner of south america, just see the views

youtube.com/watch?v=4gnntMvMgx4

vocaroo.com/i/s1uNJ4p0CSmJ

I'm pulling these from the other thread

That was track 1

Track 3:
vocaroo.com/i/s0XBdKCIpVIQ

I'm calling it now, three more songs and the vocaroos after this post and I'm done!

You had cheap gear and you somehow managed to make music. That's what I call effort. Your usual college wankery but, hey... (7/10)
1. The next Yoko Ono. (3/10)
2. Stil the next Yoko Ono, yet somehow less painful. (4/10)
Novelty internet comedy music. Smithy Boy docet. (1.5/10)
Entiendo todo, thank (?) God I'm fluent in the language. Average, nice song at least. Disliked the autotune, liked the video, nice twist. (5.5/10)
Nailed guitar and bass, blows up 2 minutes in. Whistle-along melody. (8/10)

soundcloud.com/scratchbear/deafcon

I like the chiptune in the background and the racial slurs add to the mood. Feels like being closed in an autistic Garry's Mod room. (4.5/10)
What the fuck is that supposed to be? At least there's some kind of coherent rhythm... the singer tried. (5/10).

Come on. Post three songs so that I can fuck off.

Track 4
www9.zippyshare.com/v/BnFuQxVc/file.html

I'll gladly take over for him.

No! No! You must put it a 0! i hate that music! i need somebody to accompany me in my suffering :'(

apmacroeconomics.bandcamp.com/track/bagels-are-ill-2

youtube.com/watch?v=IAXjQ7gy6Y0

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj3k5_hwNXMAhUX4mMKHe4NDwMQtwIIPDAH&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0fvUgvvQg&usg=AFQjCNE2cWdcYOrC7bklrTh1U5zBdFp66g&sig2=xHIUb6Gennie9lilO25OEQ

Whoops, that's supposed to be
youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0fvUgvvQg

After he reviews those three, foam roller takin over

Starts off as what I would call Pitchforkcore before delving into the realm of post-digital hardcore. I'd call this vaporstep. (6.5/10)
Fine, bud. You can go on now.
I don't really know, it's like this kind of half-assed lounge music and video poker selection screen combination... feels "good". (4/10)
Everybody hates mainstream music from their country, but close an eye, it's not too bad. But I can understand the latin american struggle situation
The synths remind me of Metal Gear Solid 2's as if they were handed by Trent Reznor. (7/10)
Feels much more generic than its predecessor. Campfireish. (5.5/10).

My eyes are closing guys, planet sleep is calling me.
I'll be here again with another thread tomorrow at the same time (two hours before now) to review and listen to your music. Another Scaruffi pic's gonna be in the OP. See you!

Commented earlier on the fact that I love how she became serious after this and quit two years after... (1/10, it's for the effort to produce the music and direct your own video)

Done, you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=8r1GhOwzDNI

maybe just from the half to the end, because is a little long
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5jjFAK38g

Hoy boy! This is some heavy stuff. It sounds like listening to Metallica under an underpass while the local homeless guy near by is hocking a lougee. I don't like Metallica. 3/10. I liked the ringing in the end though, I like the feeling of having tinnitus.

youtube.com/watch?v=fOaTEDYJmi0

I gave the beginning a little bit of a listen, and it was kinda like Cage the Elephant if they got more poppy and I guess bluesgrassy? So I started at half-way and it has this airy feel to it, almost dreamy. Got a lot heavier. I love the drum work. The singer kinda bugs me. It gets pretty crazy later on though, I dig it. Overall though, I feel the singer takes away from it. 6/10.
It seems like solid folk jazz guitar chord progression, seems like traditional. It kinda gets repetitive. The singer gets angry at times. At a certain point, the singer just inhales through his nose and it's kinda gross. 4/10

i seen a mars volta song here but this is different
youtube.com/watch?v=2C0F7eFxhXM
from the minute 9 to the end is the important part if you wanna skip it, but all the song is georgeous

youtube.com/watch?v=1nTxbRyRMnY
animal collective here!

here OP

youtube.com/watch?v=a3dGArEa9fA

Gotta go pick up my girlfriend but keep posting and I will get back to all of these.

Got into Sonic Youth recently and want to see what you thought of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=l0gVLb8i0aw

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSVwcRcMIk&index=5&list=PLH22-xSMERQpG4M9HshhXUJ9OKMNlwU8T
Fukin Animals As Leaders

headphones necesary
youtube.com/watch?v=hbnnFxXLuJk

the new wave

youtube.com/watch?v=hsr-kN3QU8U

Bump from original OP going to bed. See you tomorrow.

that's deep

some merzbow related!

youtube.com/watch?v=gan1oKzVtiU

What do you think Piero?

youtu.be/1uWfTUby9IE