Please help me redpill my company about Chrome

My company started requiring Chrome for more and more tasks, not for programming, just using. We are a Windows only /MS only company so I don't really get it where this Chrome fever started, we were only using IE and VS (and related tools) for browsing and development. What can I do to show them that using Chrome is a bad idea for a corporation?

just show them a better alternati-

oh right there is none

Does Chrome negatively impact the company in any way?

>t. goygle

muh botnet muh privacy

How is it bad for the company as a whole?

>when some retarded fedora thinks he knows better than management
Sit down and shut up if you like eating, incel.

Some stupid brainy it tech probably suggested it. Most people are too fucking stupid to know better and think Google is cool and good. I wouldn't want any Google products running in my business if I cared at all about privacy and my product/plans/tech etc... Just by using Google products you agree to their terms, which include copying and keeping your data, their cloud services claim outright ownership. Simple, tell the company to have their lawyers read over the terms and conditions, they will nope out in no time.

How fucking retarded are you?

What do you think the terms for MS products look like, dunce?

Not an argument. Yeah, you need to keep your head down before they realized what a mistake it was hiring you.

How retarded are you?

how fucking retarded are you? you're either trolling or just really dumb, you haven't presented any legitimate reason why chrome might be bad for your company, despite there potentially being a number of them. Instead you choose to sit and post with a vague OP and reply with
>HURRR HOW TARDED R UUUU????!?!?!?!?

great post OP, you're really helping elevate the discussion about free software. congrats man, here's your (you) and some goodboy points, now go to fucking bed you loser.

Hey morons, you have nothing to contribute to this thread so keep the fuck out

>Just by using Google products you agree to their terms, which include copying and keeping your data, their cloud services claim outright ownership.
same goes for pretty much any proprietary service that doesn't fall under the realm of GAHNOO/FSF what the fuck ever. hating google is a fucking meme, and you're retarded if you think they're more than a symptom of the actual problems with the mishandling of information.

You shouldn't even be on this site, kid. You don't pass the intelligence requirements.

>there is SOOO much of value already in the thread STOP SAYING DUMB THINGS AND MAKING MY SUPER SMART "LE FUCK GOOGLE!!!!xxD" THREAD DUMB

I'm not sure how Chrome is any worse than IE and whatever other Microsoft shit your company has running. And if trade secrets and privacy are a concern, you shouldn't be connected to the internet in the first place.

/thread

>What can I do to show them that using Chrome is a bad idea for a corporation?
Google is an ad company, not a tech company. They have a bad history of abandoning projects such as GWT which many enterprises are still stuck with even to this day. I have firsthand experience maintaining legacy projects that are essentially stuck using GWT, causing massive headaches for developers and for the company as a whole. Another good example is Angular, which Google abandoned for Angular2 but by that point many caught on and decided not to get burned again. I'm fairly certain whatever business use-case your company is using Chrome for, Google will not support you. Think about it, does Google even have a dedicated enterprise support team for Chrome? No, they most likely don't.

Google's primary purpose of pushing Chrome is to rake in more ad revenue, again Google is not a tech company, unlike Microsoft which is a tech company that caters B2B.

>they most likely don't
So you don't even know if what you're saying is founded. Got it.

>Google's primary purpose of pushing Chrome is to rake in more ad revenue

It's immediate goal is to give them leverage over web standards.

My statements about Google abandoning projects such as GWT and Angular are true. Something you conveniently overlooked. Google doesn't care anything other than their precious "ad monies."

Also Google doesn't even have a dedicated support team for many of their products. For example, if you run into an issue with Google Maps, good luck trying to reach someone on the actual Google Maps team. Your best bet is to reach out to a "community volunteer."

Edge and IE are shit. Centrally managing Firefox is a way bigger pain in the ass than it has to be and Chrome Enterprise has Group Policy templates.

Deal with it.

unironically walk into the meeting bitching about SJWs and quoting Jordan Peterson

>Google doesn't care anything other than their precious "ad monies."

I get the impression that a few of the people at the top have managed to ram their heads so far up their asses that they think they're some kind of benevolent dictator.

Are you part of their IT team? Are you part of their information security team? Does using Chrome cause them any immediate or perceivable harm?

If you answer yes to the first two you have channels to make the changes so I don't know why you're not using them. If you answer yes to the last one then just document it and report it to your superior and/or the IT and Security teams.

Specifically though, if you answer no to the third question - why do you care?

>a brainwashed Googler

Did you even read my post before sperging?

yes, no and I don't know (that's why I'm asking it)
The reason is I don't like Google and also don't like morons from the IT management who decide something based on non-technical merits. Because there is no technical reason to push Chrome. Also, just to have an idea of how messy things are in our company, they don't actually manage Chrome on the enterprise level, we are required to install it ourselves. There is nothing well-thought or even logical about this.

Based on what they're doing with Android, Chrome and Youtube, that's actually a very real possibility. They genuinely seem to have a "we know what's best for you so shut the fuck up and get used to it" attitude with everything they touch. Followed five years later by a single "oh yeah I guess we were actually wrong on that one, whoops".

I think it's a mix of them having a near monopoly with most of their products, being filled with socially progressive 20 year olds, and being used to catering to old people and technologically illiterate normies. They also have more money than they know what to do with, so they get to invest in robotics, video encoding, automobiles, AI, virtual reality, ISPs, operating systems, image processing, and literally anything else that comes around, with the intent of bettering society and "hey we might as well come up with a Google product for ____ too".

It's gonna be fun watching them either fall apart or turn into Skynet in the next 50 years.

You don't have a business reason to not use Chrome then. You just don't like it. Also if you can install stuff on your machine why on Earth do you care? Just use Firefox or Opera and be done with it.

If you come up with a legitimate business concern regarding chrome, formally write it out and forward that to your IT managers. Then when they ignore it and something blows up you can use that foresight to get yourself into management.

If their enterprise management is that bad you honestly have bigger fish to fry than browser preference. Work on getting that shit sorted out.

And lastly: If you're entry level IT you're gonna make far larger strides just doing your work efficiently and looking for optimizations versus trying to dictate what what happens in decisions you aren't included on. Not saying you are entry level, just volunteering that information.

Not nearly as bad as Google. Been through three legal reviews. Google products were never even close to making it past the lawyers. MS is much more flexible to enterprise needs.

>If you come up with a legitimate business concern regarding chrome
That's what I'm looking here for, man. Can somebody help me find examples of such concerns?

No because there fucking aren't any

This is a great way to get yourself fired user (i know I would fire you in a heart beat - regardless of What I feel about Skynet). Just shut the fuck up and do your work, stop hentai-surfing at work you fucking degen.

I don't have a reason to avoid it, no.

>stop invading my safe space with valid questions

Just log the network accesses and show them the results.

Microsoft products are the same mal/spyware as Google. You really don't need to worry about Chrome on Windows.

I use bing as my default search engine. I click on the first advertisment result for every search. Some might say microsoft is just as bad, and I should use startpage. But I don't do this for some phony Stallman. I do it because I am enlightened by the fact that every penny google doesn't get is one penny less the tranny employees have for their transition medical benefits package. In my search I am euphoric.

>his company doesn't use Google Ultron

Lol

You need to be able to articulate the value add of moving from Chrome. If there is a dollar amount you can attach to the value add, great. If your concerns are around privacy, put together a risk matrix with the impact of whatever bad thing you imagine will happen and the probability. Estimate the amount of work it will be to move from Chrome, chuck it on the backlog of whoever would handle the work.

Brave if you're equally retarded, at least it's faster and not by Google.
Firefox if you're not an idiot.

You can't escape the google botnet simply by not using chrome.

>what is iridium?

>Everyone's doing it goy!
You're the epitome of the modern passive cuck. Faggots like you need to refrain from contributing to the gene pool. Tbe world's already bad enough.

kys