/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=41-ksQerUk8
youtube.com/watch?v=N6vW2uWsro0
youtu.be/xgMD6efugcU
youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7y0zqr/monolith_m1060c_just_came_in_first_impressions/ducri3w/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wear stax
>get electrocuted

>own no headphones
>shitpost

>wear headphones
>feel good

i want to FUG migu

>

>yfw magni 3 measures favorably

Chill the fuck out Muke

Are there any relatively good cheap bluetooth earbuds? Do good ones even exist?

t.canucklehead

What's everyone listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=41-ksQerUk8

Also still asking for headphone/IEM recommendations for commuting

youtube.com/watch?v=N6vW2uWsro0

P1 is really good

could you imagine actively trying to make a community that you frequent often worse to the point of everyone in it despising you? oh wait that's you.

youtu.be/xgMD6efugcU

what about shure se215?

nuforce edc is pretty good too. i might even get the edc3

That's half the posters in these generals. Really makes me wonder why I stick around.

so leave already. it's just as obnoxious to hear you whine with your negativity as it is to see people shitting in the well they drink from. don't expect any compassion from me.

validate my purchase before I actually buy anything please

As I suspected, you're one of them.

engrave some of your favorite anime waffles on it

As I suspected, you're retarded.

no, I just think of being an indecisive woman you should make a decision instead of complaining about it. leave or stay, it's up to you. no one wants to hear your thought process. keep it to yourself

Nice highest quality headphones known to man, user. Nice Audio Technicas, too.

I think I'll just stay and join you guys in making this place an inhospitable hellhole.

I was so happy to get the original ad-900 that were made in Japan and they get labeled as "nice Audio Technicas" ;-;

no one is going to pat you on the back like a special snowflake for the good deeds you have done or think you do. no one is going to cry if you leave. that's reality. you can be bitter about it all you want, if your only response to what I've said is to do the exact opposite because you didn't like my reaction then by all means, go ahead. die on the hill that you've chosen for yourself. can't stop you

That seems like a lot for an O2 stack. Consider spending a bit more for an NFB-11.28

>buy some used iems
>out for delivery since 7am
>its 8pm
>still not delivered

chill out, gen z

i'm quite calm, gen z. I just speak words of truth.

pathetic response

pathetic poster

pathetic

>calls someone gen z
>gets called gen z back
yeah I guess I'm as pathetic as you are

Just calm down, gen z

nice r*ddit meme, gen z

RETARD FIGHT!

it started already

>cries about the state of /hpg/
>threatens he'll leave like a little girl
>gets told to leave
>starts shitposting in response

I'm not shitposting, you're shitposting.

Not a chance, kitchen user

sick fucking comeback bro

Many people say that is sounds like it has a v shape frequency response and any result other than a flat one would be totally disastrous. I hope it measures perfectly though because it's $100, low OI, and the same color as the topping d30.
Else I'm going to suck up the 10 ohm output impedance and go with the topping dx7.

childish tantrum. learn how to behave.

Thanks!

you first

>schiit
>measuring perfectly

wishful thinking

man you've got serious maturity issues that you need to work on. grow the fuck up already and act like an adult. your response basically boils down to "he started it!!" like a child in a playground fight. everyone can see this but you. why are you acting this way? is it because I told you add nothing to this place? do you regularly post here because you think you make a positive difference, but when you found out that you don't and your own insignificance became apparent your only reaction is to be a butthurt child about it? point to what I've said is a childish tantrum.

Any of you faggots know of a DAC that works with a PS4?

i bet you feel real smart typing all that up

literally anything that takes optical.

and a USB one?

that's all you've got? your only responses to criticisms of your behavior are to do the exact opposite of what you should be doing, and giving superficial non-replies or shitposts. get your fucking act together and start being a real human by improving yourself. that's tough shit you didn't like what I had to say but the world doesn't revolve around you. go ahead and throw a tantrum but you're only making things more miserable for yourself. people like you add nothing to society and know nothing except how to be a parasite that leeches off other people's good will.

i didn't even read your post, it's all pseudointellectual masturbation and not worth my time

if you think acting mature is psuedointellectual masturbation then I really don't know what to say to you, honestly.

I smell a btfo

I can tell you're trying REALLY hard to LARP as mature

no, I think you are the only who believes that. and I also think you're not hearing what you want to hear so you are refusing to accept it.

You aren't even trying, faggot

if you don't challenge people then you cannot help them become better people with better character. the kid is clearly acting this way because his parents never did what they should have done and that would be beating him for acting like a self absorbed egotist

I'm not accepting anything because you're full of shit.

dear lord this is cringeworthy as fuck
I seriously hope you're not this self-absorbed in real life

I called you a self absorbed egotist and then you throw it right back at me. try activating your almonds a little to form better insults and arguments that are your own instead of another's

Don’t get the optical unless you need it.

I'm not the one assuming moral superiority and casting judgement on others through posts made on a fucking anime imageboard. Get a life you autistic fuck.

You're just purposely shitting up the board

no, that is what you are doing

I have a life, I'm not the one calling people gen z and shitposting on purpose because I got upset by what someone said. by all means, continue to make trash posts. I'm absolutely superior to someone like you if that's the case. Especially someone who can only parrot Sup Forums memes who has no individuality of his own and can only follow herd mentality

You clearly don't if you're this desperate to play daddy on a fucking anime imageboard. You have no idea who I am and you continuously prescribe these long strings of descriptors, most of which are objectively inaccurate, in an attempt to justify getting into a shitpost war with me. Takes two to tango, my friend.

>No u
Just an user passing by, not him, dumdum

>most of which are objectively inaccurate
you continually proven that to be false.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>Budget
Up to $150.
>Location
USA East Coast.
>Source
Phone/Laptop/Desktop
>Type of headphone
Full-Sized
>Open or closed
C l o s e d
>Comfort level
I want these headphones to kiss my ears every time I put them on. Max comfiness.
>Sound signature
idc
>Past headphones
shitty off brand gaming headphones.

I need an upgrade guys, I've been thinking about getting the ATH M50-X, I remember those being the best headphones ever a few years ago, not sure if that's still the case. Ask me anything else you guys need to know and I'll answer.

i want it for my legacy consoles but yeah i'm still debating if that's worth the extra $40

>Miku with 90's anime traits
fug that's cute

>$150
>closed
>I want these headphones to kiss my ears every time I put them on. Max comfiness.
youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE

What is the best closed headphone for office use in terms of:

- Comfort
- Flatness
- Low harmonic distortion

Willing to pay up to $300.

a990z

M1060 closed

What a thread.

>a990z
Why is this so highly recommended? I have mostly Audiotechnicas and they tend to have poor highs without EQing (but with EQing they're hard to beat). Do I need to EQ this one as well?

>106mm driver
Holy shit. What a BEAST. Thanks user, never even knew this existed.

most planars are that size because they need a larger diaphram to compensate for their lower excursion limit, also there is a discount to make them $260

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7y0zqr/monolith_m1060c_just_came_in_first_impressions/ducri3w/

How many people here have actually heard the Pro82? I see it suddenly getting pushed a lot more here with zero pictures suggesting anyone actually owns a pair.

It's the latest head-fi meme. I'd avoid it if I were you, they'll be on to some new FOTM bullshit next month.

post your waterfall chart

>ear rape treble
>no mids
what a nightmare
it's like beyers but worse

you stupid fuck. it has an upper midrange bite and flat mids

I wouldn't mind if they were good. I'm looking for a closed, portable pair. Currently eyeing a used pair of B&O H6 mk2. I don't really wanna spend $180 but they seem like the ideal pair, pad size aside.
Good build, good looks and portability are also pretty important to me.

>Those looking for a high quality analytical sound will be disappointed as that it does not do very well and is lacking somewhat compared to ‘better’ headphones. But that’s quite normal in this price range.
>It’s power rating of 20mW (0.02W) is quite low (max. 50mW by the way). Also its impedance is a bit low for a proffessional headphone.

Everything in the review your CSD comes from supports what I've said, it's a FOTM headphone that is remarkably unremarkable and competes within its price range.
MSR7

Audio-Technica ATH-WS1100iS

"analytical sound" is an audiophile coloqualism for "bright, detailed". aka HD800 or beyerdynamic or stax. it has treble that dips where it should and then rises at the upper end like it should. it has upper midrange that doesn't dip until after 2k which meants it has tonality similar to the HD600 when it comes to vocals.

now tell me again, where does it have >ear rape treble and >no mids. you are so incompetent it hurts

Why go to such lengths to defend a headphone you don't even own?

The CSD makes it look much worse than it is, so you got me. It's not exactly "ear rape" or "no mids". It still has a mid/high treble peak and recessed upper mids/lower treble.

you can't read waterfalls then. where the fuck do you think the upper midrange ends? is 5k upper midrange now? is the upper midrange all from 1khz and then extends to the middle of the treble region? the CSD looks tight and quick with a good FR behind it. where are you saying the peak is? 10k? you want a 10k peak, as you also want it to rise into 7k before dropping like it does.

Yes, I consider 2K to 5K to be upper midrange. It's not like these terms are strictly defined, you're free to disagree. Arguing semantics is retarded so let's just use numerical frequency designations from now on instead.

The peak is at 9-10K. CSDs aren't really of any audible concern unless they show huge flaws like the M1060. Even then, the pro82 isn't out of the ordinary. Look at the charts for the M40X, they look damn near close enough. The FR isn't "good" either, the 10dB dip at 5K is going to hurt vocal textures a lot and the 10K peak is going to be slightly sibilance. You don't "want" a 10K peak, that's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints of mediocre isolation.
I'll look them up.

>Yes, I consider 2K to 5K to be upper midrange. It's not like these terms are strictly defined
upper midrange is the vocal overtone
>CSDs aren't really of any audible concern
so first you discern from the CSD that it has no mids and worse than beyer treble. okay.
>The FR isn't "good" either, the 10dB dip at 5K is going to hurt vocal textures a lot
no it won't. around that area is where you get interaction with the concha/canal.
>10K peak is going to be slightly sibilance
10khz is not where sibilance occures. sibilance occurs from too high of 6/7khz

>so first you discern from the CSD that it has no mids and worse than beyer treble. okay.
I already admitted I was somewhat mistaken and didn't study the graph carefully enough. Can we move past this or are you going to harp on it over and over instead of presenting valid arguments?
>no it won't. around that area is where you get interaction with the concha/canal.
This is complete horseshit. Flat plate couplers are tuned or compensated so that you don't have to have an artificial ear to get a FR graph that is representative of what you hear. Recessed is recessed.
>10khz is not where sibilance occures. sibilance occurs from too high of 6/7khz
Sibilance occurs in many places depending on the mastering and the particular song.

Either way, can you please explain me how the Pro 82 isn't a FOTM head-fi meme. Even a subjective statement backed up with a pic+timestamp would be better than the arguments you have presented thus far.

Are earbuds allowed in this thread as well?