Samsung Galaxy S9 Hype General

Samsung Galaxy S9 Hype General

Who’s watching the Keynote?
Which one you getting?
And updates to Gear VR?

Imagine being excited for the release of a piece of consumer technology

>actually excited for a thinner, more expensive touchjizz

Imagine comparing yourself to yourself instead if someone else. Imagine having an original thought. Imagine waning cynicism, imagine that. Sort yourself out Bucko.

>piece of consumer technology
Are you going to eat it?

geez man no need to get so upset about it I'm just saying you shouldn't waste so much money on these things

I'll be getting the Galaxy S10 or S11, I bought a Moto Z2 Play on release because every phone on the market was hella underwhelming to me. Assuming DeX is still a thing in two to three years, I'll probably get one.
If they finally manage to bring over the Exynos based Galaxy to the US through carriers then I'll absolutely buy probably a Galaxy Note 10 for sure.

Cuck

I just hope they remove those stupid curved corners. Looked awful

Samsung is dog shit.

>muh pixel

Had the S9 brought into my workplace. It's literally the S8 but with software features centered mostly around the camera and Bixby. What a rip off.

I wonder if it's glueresistant or maybe even glueproof.

>can't change the battery
>change the manufacturer
tough luck, korea

Geez man. No need to hide behind words. Just go ahead and admit it. It's a waste of money if you're fucking poor. Cuz people like you need the money. Who cares a 1000 dollar phones. That's like nothing poorfag.

I have no reason to get it over my S8

what's the s8 price gonna drop down to

>samsung
no thanks, those shits begin lagging months down the line

t. 13 yo "millionaire" 'cause he has both the xbox and the ps4

your parents' money doesn't count

imagine posting this on the consumer technology board of an anonymous internet forum

I want to know how the two SOC situation will work, because this time Exynos is much stronger than Snapdragon.

Just like every previous version...
Usa and china will get the sd version, rest of the world will get the exynos

I was going to consider this for my next purchase because of the systemwide adblock that adhell 2 provides. but leaks say its going to be more than a thousand dollars. why is this even allowed.

Phone is too overpriced. Was thinking about ordering the Plus version for my Mom but she doesn't like Samsung phones. She likes that Google phone for some odd reason.

You know that basically every android phone allows you to install a systemwide adblocker. Not just the one that costs 1000$/€/£

touchwizz is actually good now

Touchwiz was always a year ahead of the stock android when it comes to features.

im waitin on the note 8 price drop

finally gonna upgrade my 2013 moto x

Excited for it to come out that way the s7 edge drops in price and I can get a new one. Still better than both the 8 and 9.

If one imports the Exynos model, does it work in the US? If I recall it’s an issue with LTE?

>buy s8 cause tall display, also it was about time for an upgrade
>set it up, start using
>Samsung bloat is in full fucking force
>even the useful shit like gif screenshot is tied to some background botnet Samsung app
>updates piled on, have to let it go through the whole process
>app updates are tied to some Samsung shit, not Play store
>fucking what, who's nigger decision was this?
>no one ever mentioned this cancer in any review
>same faggots constantly complain about LG bloat, how fucking ironic

I really like LG’s products, but once biten twice shy when it comes to the experiences I have had with bootyloops.

>obligatory anime post
sort yourself out

LG G5 is pretty sweet

My S6 still chugs along fine, despite the back button defect that rears its head on occasion.

I think I'm going to get an iPhone SE or equivalent small phone next, these meme screens with curved corners are off putting and phablets are annoying to carry around

Touchjizz apps are all pretty solid though, Samsung Browser, music and folder apps are ace

Samsung will replace Google in the android market as a lead developer of Android once Google abandons android for fuchsiaOS.

>fuchsiaOS.

It will be fun to see Googles nonexistant smartphone marketshare evaporate into negative numbers. But still a very unlikely scenario.

>non removable battery
Hard pass. I remember when Sup Forums wouldn't tolerate this shit.

I have note 8, going to wait probably until note 9 to upgrade / trade in. I would keep note 8 but T mobile is rolling out a new band and 8 doesn't have it, 9 should tho

move with the times my friend

Oh my god people are defending touch wiz now??

touch wiz was always good
it was just extremely slow

Because Apple did it. Samsung does everything Apple does, just a year later.

But they're Google, so you know they'll still be around. People buy Chromebooks, so people will buy Fuschia phones. Assuming you'll be able to install Android apps, they might not be so bad.

>extremely slow
>always good

Pick one

It will have a shit notch

Screencap this

a few hiccups here and there are excusable.
nobody needs split second responsiveness on a phone.
but even if you want to make a big deal out of it, touchwiz has undoubtedly come on leaps and bounds.

You think Note 9 will be a substantial upgrade unlike S9 from S8?

It doesn’t, I’ve already handled one. The notch isn’t a big deal either imp

>touchwiz is bad

The bloat doesnt really matter because the phone is already better than most laptop specs

Nice larp

Are there any current models with removable batteries?

Dumb normalfag.

There's nothing to be hyped about because it isn't an iPhone.

This guy is right, phone sales are dropping because they're not new or exciting and there's no actual reason to upgrade from your old one.

t. salty poorfags

You wont see exynos chips in north america until the s11 series at minimum due to Qualcomm's patent running out by 2020

it's better than it used to be but it's still shit compared to stock and the delayed updates just are not worth it. Plus it makes android so fragmented no one wants two apps for everything

>Who’s watching the Keynote?

Link fucking faggot

consumer does not mean what you think it means

I went from a pixel xl to a note 8 and found stock to be overrated. Recent flagships are pretty damn smooth across the board and samsung experience 9.0 layed over oreo has been a huge improvement as well. If you wanted cream of the crop smoothness you would get an iphone either way but like I said nowadays the difference is extremely minute.

No headphone jack, no buy.

Says who lol. As long as you're not claiming it's your own earned money, you're free to spend it given their permission

I just bought an s8 for $400, should i get my money back?

I can't believe that they are still selling this plastic piece of shit iphone clones after all these years.
You fooled me with the original galaxy s and the galaxy sII, you'll never see a dollar from me again samsung, i fucking swear.

that would be an interesting turn of events

These blatant shilling. who the fuck in their mind defends touchwhiz

multiple people in this thread, that's who

No. LG V20 was the last one.

Who in their right mind is autistic enough to spout the old touchwhiz is terrible meme in 2018

Same could be said the other way around since the iPhone 8/8+/X introduced wireless charging two years after samsung did it.

Is the double camera only on the plus model?

what's so innovative about this? i am not going to pay $200 extra for a "better camera" when it's only marginally better.

slo mo is a gimmick too.

Better camera, CPU, GPU, improved Bixby including new features like real time photo translation, face emoji's, they've built it to have a more durable screen due to less curved edges and stronger glass compared to s8 series, treble support, better speakers

also better fingerprint sensor placement and more ram on S9+ version

Samsung's flagships haven't been plastic in years
Even mid range chink phones are made out of aluminum and glass

Can't believe I have to ask this but, headphone jack?

i have a disposable income because my job pays well, but i understand that not everyone does

Yeah

Don't be racist

Stop me, fucknigga.

I'm getting the 2018 phone with a replaceable battery

At first I was quite sure to stay with LG. I could even look over the wifi problems my G4 had, but then it started bootlooping after 1,8 years so I got myself an S8.

>3000 mAh
hahahaha

moto g5 is still sold and has a removable battery

Will Note 9 be worth waiting for?

This or the V30?

You don't like it? you can change it...

That is NOT what this place is. It is a Mongolian Vietnamese basket weaving image board full of autistic megavirgins.

Anything is better than LG, even iPhone.

To those saying flagships aren’t worth it, won’t that eventually cause a market correction? Like if people stop buying boatloads of high end devices, won’t the ceiling come back down?

The only keynote I would ever even consider watching is a sexbot keynote.

Don't become as gay as the applefags user.

That is how any market works, really. Companies keep raising the prices until sales decline, then they dial it back a bit and advertise their "new low prices"

he doesn't because he's a retard

I haven't given a shit about samsung since the s5, literally nothing makes them special and their little isolated ecosystem makes it worse.

Excited since the 8's will be cheaper and no one is expecting anything new from the 9's

But I have the iGOAT X. Keynotes are an interesting way of learning marketing speech and are fun for phone nerds as kind of a “parade.”