Future Tech Predictions Thread

Inventions that will replace the need to work:

1) 3D Printers that can 3D print:
-Biotic materials (food, medicine)
-Durable/electronic materials (buildings, solar panels, circuitry)

2) Decentralized communications (to share open source designs)

3) AI that can design all of the above automatically

If we achieve that, then pretty much we can just sit in our houses all day and be pampered by our solar-powered AI robots that can fix every problem we will ever have, either automatically or with a voice command

Other urls found in this thread:

scitechdaily.com/graphene-helps-turn-engine-heat-into-electricity-to-boost-gas-mileage/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_generator
technologyreview.com/s/427140/graphene-battery-turns-ambient-heat-into-electric-current/
phys.org/news/2015-05-device-electricity-industrially-competitive.html
github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent
trunews.com/stream/google-x-co-founder-says-ai-will-lead-to-superhumans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>If we achieve that, then pretty much we can just sit in our houses all day and be pampered by our solar-powered AI robots that can fix every problem we will ever have, either automatically or with a voice command

I agreed, but solar energy is not efficient all around the world. We need something better and cleaner

nuclear fusion? hydro? portable solar is pretty much the only realistic shot

Converting thermal energy into electrical current will be possible *soon.

scitechdaily.com/graphene-helps-turn-engine-heat-into-electricity-to-boost-gas-mileage/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_generator

technologyreview.com/s/427140/graphene-battery-turns-ambient-heat-into-electric-current/

phys.org/news/2015-05-device-electricity-industrially-competitive.html

This technology can be coupled with any device which generates heat and will transform that heat into electromagnetic current.

This will change our world for the better once it is perfected.

Checked

Future tech prediction? Literally downloading knowledge into your brain, giving you the equivalent of reading and memorizing every word of a book in seconds. Of course, you still have to do the exercises.
Side effect: Religious people realize how poorly written the Bible is.
Other side effect: Novels now suck to read for real as well as being downloaded.

And of course, sex robots.

>2) Decentralized communications (to share open source designs)
github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent
A decentralization of GitHub using BitTorrent and Bitcoin

>Side effect: Religious people realize how poorly written the Bible is.

Yes, and it will most likely cause mental break downs in most people.

Too much information too fast, more than the mind can process normally will tear apart the minded of many.

It could work well with other enhancements

CRISPR/Cas9 to eliminate most illnesses, add neuroelectric brain interfaces, Intenet directly to the cortex. Microsoft brain device driver 0.9 beta will kill 2 million beta testers.

Communications will not only be decentralised but also direct to the brain.

think it will happen before 2050? I am trying to slow down my aging to survive to see all this

>trying to slow down my aging to survive to see all this

Same, but i'm already 27, will be dead by that time i think or not

(checked)
GOOGLE X CO-FOUNDER SAYS AI WILL LEAD TO ‘SUPERHUMANS’
trunews.com/stream/google-x-co-founder-says-ai-will-lead-to-superhumans

Yes.

CRISPR/Cas9 is forging ahead at a speed far greater than I had expected, even in Western countries. The UK has permitted much more than I had thought, possibly due to the Chinese opening practically all bars against this. The commercial applications are countless and also impacts national security in ways people do not like to talk about. Hereditary diseases such as diabetes and haeophilia requreis medicine that is not stockpiled. One war and a blockade and you will have 10 percent dead from these issues alone.

Neuroelectric implants have been going for decades but until recently progressed slowly.

You will find a lot in the >>>g/cyb FAQ.

Mark is worst gospel. Prove me wrong, faggot.

We are talking about 30 years, you should have good chances of surviving to see the 2050's.

In fact, half of the younger generation today can expect to live until at least 100.

Why augment humans for work when the AI can do the work unattended? This does not make sense.

>nuclear fusion?
Forever 30 years into the future.
>hydro?
Most resources are developed.
>portable solar is pretty much the only realistic shot
Probably, yes. Best solar electric cells are 40+ percent efficient. Combine with solar thermal and you get close to 90 percent efficiency.

augmented reality is essential for every day life

I can see a market for AR adblockers, blotting out noisy visuals in the real world.

Windows will not be most used os.

But will Redox-OS overtake Linux and Windows??

I would like to see a lot of things, but battery tech is pretty interesting to me. Right now an extremely powerful rechargeable battery would be worth more than nuclear fusion.

That's bullshit

The keyword is: still

(Also including mobile Android surpassed Windows a while ago)

Trouble is, such extreme power densities also implies the battery is an high explosive. This is already a problem for LiS chemistry used in military applications.

1. Antibiotics will no longer work in ~10-20 years, so prepare to death from paper cut.

Antibiotics will be nanotech robots so prepare for 140 year life spans.

qt desktop waifus will become smarter. I don't think we will see anything that even approaches sentience in our lifetimes but I do think desktop waifus will be able to automatically tailor their own personalities and quirks to each individual user based on the user's behavior and interactions with his waifu. It's not an easy problem, but it's not insurmountable over the next 5 to 10 years.