Why are so many musicians potheads?

Why are so many musicians potheads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOHjhYyCJbE
youtube.com/watch?v=h0YiSKWIOdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Name another musician rhat is a pothead, aside from Willie and Bob Marley

sublime, ween, every rapper ever, the beatles, electric wizard, I could go on for ever.

Because cool people in general are potheads.

Because pot is fun.
It's inexpensive enough to still do when you're making shit money, and if you actually succeed, why wouldn't you buy more of what you enjoy?

On top of that, if you're in and out of bars/clubs/venues and hang around with people on the road, you're gonna have so many opportunities to try or buy.

Those are bands.

What

How can a band be a pothead

Thom Yorke as well, who looks eerily similar to Willie Nelson in that picture.

Creative and intelligent people are more likely to take risks, including drug use

What makes a pothead, anyways?

Is that like an alcoholic, but for weed?

Thom Yorke isn't a pothead

Yeah you stupid fucker. Bands arent people.

The members are

if you occasionally smoke pot alone imo

yes he is, he's been fairly open about smoking weed

he also had an alcohol problem back in the ok computer era

When you get to the point that you're sucking black dick for a marijuana fix, you're a pothead.

Seriously if you needed someone to explain that to you then you are certifiably retarded

A band is a concept. It can not be a pothead.

dudes from Sleep

That makes more sense, but I feel like "pothead" is such an outdated term.

Like, doesn't everyone smoke weed? You don't call someone who drinks, a "beerhead"

I'm serious. Like, 2 members of a band smoke weed, and if the rest dont, does that make the band a pothead?

please just stop

If I put a pot on my head does that make me a retard

this guy's got a point, though weed is still more of a taboo in most places

Play an instrument. Then smoke marijuana. Then play that instrument again. That'll answer your question.

Have you ever smoked or ingested weed? It's literally Life+. Life 1.5. Life with Upgrades. There are no downsides.

basically someone who smokes alone a lot and really doesn't know what to do with themselves if they aren't high
you can't really get properly addicted to weed but some people just rely on it way too much

It makes playing way worse. You only think it sounds better because you're weeded up

we've got a joker here guys

Like I said, certifiably retarded

>You only think it sounds better because you're weeded up

That's the point. It doesn't make you better, it makes what you're doing more enjoyable. When it comes to creativity, it's important not to get caught up in your imperfections.

Sure my technique is shit once I'm high, but I think more creatively in that state. I subconsciously abandon all my tendencies, rules, and nuances, then play something that sounds more original. And 90% it's better than anything I could write sober.

ayy

Damn. I have never seen an uglier collection of dudes

Don't you look in the mirror?

I am but one man. Not a collection

So what's your type of men?

Relax, man. I like Sleep.

I just never realized that they looked like monsters

I am relaxed. They look like men should look like. The beards are missing tho..

this guy

Some of the greatest musicians are being oppressed by governments to not consume weed. You probably work for the Tobacco companies.

Jason in the back. Also a handsome bearded lad.

Man, I hate Death Grips

>Death Grips
wat?

Bands = groups of musicians
>problem solved buddeh

the real question: why does the music industry push potheads into the limelight?

>living in northern yurop
>hearing in news that last week on roads were pulled six drunk drivers and one drug addict (under influence of weed)
This is bs.

It annoys me that people can be so successful while smoking and yet when I smoked I was so lazy and retarded that I was forced to quit.

you can definitely get psychologically addicted to weed. you can get psychologically addicted to any drug that makes you feel good.

It doesn't.

>You don't call someone who drinks, a "beerhead"
You call them an alcoholic. Retard.

no you dont?
oh look that womans drinking a glass of wine with her meal

A L C O H O L I C

Creativity, it's a known fact that grass increases creativity
From eight, to eleven times. In fact, everyone finds that they're
More creative stoned, than straight.

SO REMEMBER

A number of reasons. The music community is pretty left leaning in general, so it is more generally accepted. Then there's the point that intelligent/creative people seek novelty, as mentioned. Plus you have to account for the fact that many artists, whether because of socioeconomic circumstances or something about creativity itself, have some form of mental illness and are more likely to use substances to cope.
There's probably a lot more that I'm missing. It's a pretty complicated phenomenon.

M A R I U

why do people say she is hot?

>YOLOfags are intelligent
yeah sure

Niggers still go apeshit for lightskinned niggers

White people still go apeshit for photoshop

If you've smoked you'll understand.

It changes how you hear, and music just sounds better on it.

"intelligent people are more likely to take risks" != "risk takers are more likely to be intelligent"
I can see that you're averse to risks though

Yes this is it.

>go to smoke
>decide then to play some songs
>sounds fucking godly
>check back later and vocals were off

Guitar was fine though, vocals must be something that comes through experience.

Bill Hicks
youtube.com/watch?v=nOHjhYyCJbE

youtube.com/watch?v=h0YiSKWIOdA

yes

Willie looked weird before his outlaw years.

That's Ed

I produce music, weed can greatly improve creativity and cause musical ideas to flow. At least for me.

It's not always good, since you might make a mess while implementing those ideas, but it is definitely great for inspiration.

Also, I only use it 1-2 times a week max. If you're smoking every day, it's probably going to hurt you more than it helps.

"Create drunk/high, edit sober"

Someone should do a "4:19/4:20" of him.

ebin meme, dudeski

>If you're smoking every day, it's probably going to hurt you more than it helps.
I'm smoking almost every evening when I don't have anything productive to do anymore. I have no problem to fall asleep that way and I wake up with clear head instead of usual depression.
Same thing with the music. Ideas are flowing but you have to know how to implement them.

Smoking that often is not good for you. Both for your lungs, and psychologically.

Also, it completely destroys REM sleep for most people. How often do you have dreams since you started doing this?

That said, I'm fighting depression and anxiety myself right now, and have slowly started getting close to an every-day or every-other-day regimen. I'm trying desperately to stop.

Ween

Potheads aren't cool dudes, but cool dudes are usually potheads

*female potheads are always gross, though

Smoking all the time is bad for you. Moderation is a good thing.

>*female potheads are always gross, though
whats the difference between a female one and male one

>*female potheads are always gross, though
Why? How does that make any sense?

fuck off cucks, female hippies aren't the same thing as male hippies

I fucking hate weed. I've had one or two positive experiences, but overall paranoia/anxiety with other people around, and an unpleasant amount of self evaluation when I'm alone. I've tried dabs too, same thing.

The ones I met were.

Can you give some examples? I'm not even baiting, I genuinely do not see the difference. They both fit the dirty lazy stoner stereotype as far as I can tell.

Actually, it's because women wear everything as a status symbol. Pot is a clothing item instead of something to be enjoyed. They do the same for music, film, and literature. It's all an act to attract a mate.

t. Schopenhauer

yes they are. theyre equally degenerate. using tumblr tier buzzwords isnt going to help you win this argument.

Bad for lungs, maybe. I'm planing to buy vaporizer. At least I don't use tobacco, alcohol and caffeine (I drink black tea tho) regularly. There's periods when I don't smoke simply because I don't have anything to smoke cause it isn't legal here.

Well I'm not a hc smoker. I'm not one of those types for whom smoking is the first thing they do when they wake up in the morning.

If all the female stoners you know are gross, that doesn't mean that they all are.

completely agree. There are only a couple of women I know that don't do this.

>degenerate

hat joke

>Schopenhauer
He wrote most of his diatribes against women after he was rejected. He had little issue with them before that. Not unlike /r9k/.

Yes obviously there are many female attention whores out there who do things like this. But any time someone makes those generalizations, it's usually from a few personal anecdotes or observations, while probably ignoring all the other women they might come across who don't fit that mold. It's pretty useless without some kind of scientific study actually showing a significant percentage of the group is like that.

I have met a lot of women who use things like music, games, drugs, etc. for attention, or to fit in, or to seem attractive to guys. I've also met a lot of women who are genuinely deeply into those things (for better or worse).

Think about it, if you got famous and or rich at an early age you never had to deal with menial adult stuff, and you never really deal with consequences at all.

The Great Gatsby explains this very elaborately

"Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them. Women are not even shallow."

-Nietzsche

Because one of the effects of weed is that it increases your music appreciation. You have a much better connection to the music, you can distinguish its components and instruments better. Weed is great for listening to music.

I should note, I'm wearing an adult diaper at the moment.

>women wear everything as a status symbol
i self medicate with opiates and i dont even leave my house or have friends or a bf/gf. you need to stop blindly believing everything you read on TRP. that place is as cancerous as fucking Tumblr.

>Bad for lungs, maybe. I'm planing to buy vaporizer. At least I don't use tobacco, alcohol and caffeine (I drink black tea tho) regularly. There's periods when I don't smoke simply because I don't have anything to smoke cause it isn't legal here.
Nah, chronic weed use can be mentally bad for the duration of your use. It probably won't have any lasting effects, but if you're getting high every day, you're accumulating bioactive THC over time, and that is definitely going to affect you even 1-2 days after you cease use.

I only use a vape myself, since I don't want all that tar and shit, but even with a vape you have to think about your use. It definitely depends on how much you smoke and how many times a day, but generally, daily use over a long period of time is going to affect your attention, motivation, and mental performance. Your dopamine receptors will downregulate and fluctuate.

Poo poo
Pee pee
Roasties get away from me

Chronically using marijuana will decrease your testosterone levels. Just putting that out there boys

So if I toke up all the time i can be a cute little sissy

why didn't you just make one post, friend

Not a samefag, I swear.