When became spying on users a normal thing in tech and whos fault was it?

When became spying on users a normal thing in tech and whos fault was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

google, circa 2008

Pretty much this. That's also when the NSA mass surveillance meme went ahead, thanks to obama

>When became spying on users a normal thing in tech
Since the dawn of cameras and microphones

I blame banks and supermarkets with their loyalty schemes

based frogposter
asking the hard hitting questions
fighting the good fight
based frogposter

microsoft

circa ever

A frog's fault

shit in hand
throw
*miss*
plop
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

When the data became useful.

I swear to god one day I’m going to fucking snap. This Intel-ME NSA GCHQ five eyes bullshit is fucking pissing me off. All I need is a fuck load of thinkpads. Just an absolute shit load. That, and to hope that nobody cares enough to backdoor my hard drive firmware, or any other targeted shit like that. I wouldn’t be able to pick up on a backdoored ethernet port, or USB cable, or VGA cable, or any of the other wastes of taxpayer money that they’re manufacturing and deploying. I mean who the fuck backdoors a VGA cable? Like that’s going to defeat terrorism. The “intelligence” (domestic spying) agencies of the world are the new military industrial complex. They’re not going to stop. Ever. They’ll just keep developing more and more intrusive shit just for the sake of it. There’ll always be some corporate lapdog in office to make sure it gets bought, and so they’ll keep making it. I don’t even know what’s left to develop, but I’m sure they’ll find something. Data exfiltration through targeted fluctuation of device power draw that can be monitored by a tap at the utility company? They probably already have that. Who fucking knows. Not that the tax-dodging privately owned “advertising” companies are any better. I hope that asymmetrical encryption gets completely destroyed, and that Google and Amazon and all the other shitbag spying fucks go bankrupt. I hope the internet gets restored to the pre-advertisement era. I know that’d never happen, though. World governments would panic and roll out some quantum encryption system with sanctioned wiretaps at the internet exchanges. Fucking shit.
Please ignore my untargeted angry ramblings.

I'm fairly certain anonymous telemetry has been a thing since the Internet became a household utility

>and whos fault was it?
normies indifference

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY

this desu. stop wrrying about your iPhone when your family uses payback meme registering every single purchase

This ant founding father of any free and democratic nation expected people to fight for causes and stand up against tyranny. Instead we have fag that give away their power so the government fixes there problem then them fixing the problems of the government. We are no longer democratic,but more autocratic.

I want to ____ AI-chan!

I just reported you to the FBI

>I blame banks and supermarkets with their loyalty schemes

good answer user. and dont forget the original cia nigger : airlines and frequent flyers

i go to bottle store and supermarket with my plain old atm card and every time "do you have a coles loyalty card?"

i reply " no i dont like being tracked"

5 years ago: perplexed looks from old hags
today: quiet nods

You do realize that you can put down fake information or better yet, just ask to use their card

They're not quietly nodding, they're alerting security

after 911

we gotta catch 'em tourists before they strike

A good solution is just to get a loyalty card and fill it with totally bogus information. Let them think that "Ryan Dogman at 535 Main St" really likes buying vodka on Tuesdays. Enjoy your 5% discount.

Dumb Normies greedy for "free" shit.
Remember Gmail invites on Sup Forums?
There must have been a million invite threads.

Whenever the ability becomes available you can bet the government or a corporation wont hesitate to use it. They've been monitoring whoever they want in real time with keyhole satellites for decades. Who knows what they can actually do.

Google and fb when their ads was adapted to what you searched earlier

Microsoft; the 90s.

It feels so bad that the only thing that's stopping some nsanigger from ruining my fucking life is me being too insignifigant for them to care about me.

actually it was started by yahoo. remember them selling branded keyboards and stuff, later it turned out they contained keylogger.

cuddle with
and it will never happen

>1800's- governments intercepting all paper and telegraph traffic, sending encrypted telegrams banned for unauthorized civilians
>early 1900's- same as above but with limited surveillance of telephone lines
>late 1940's- americunts instal first back doors into pin-and-lug cipher machines

>implying 911 wasn't a CIA mission for war oil

It was always a thing but it became the norm (which is very very bad) by the end of the 00's

>CeVIO
Who the fuck uses CeVIO? If you want some alternative to Jewcaloid you use UTAU. Fucking hell.