Legit the best IDE I've ever used, the only crap to kind-of compete is JetBrains fuckery

Legit the best IDE I've ever used, the only crap to kind-of compete is JetBrains fuckery.

But it's only for Windows :)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/16131
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11652077
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did microsoft manage to write a working C99 compiler yet? It's 2018.

WINE

Trash for shitty .net mssql nonsense.

Jetbrains is incomparably better.

No but there are some TELEMETRY built into MSVSC that got shipped "accidentally"

The only telemetry in vs code is disabled by default.

For C++?

Please.

Doesn't work well because it's suited for a Windows environment from the get-go. Lots of issues compiling.

They've managed to use git, assuming you like the hard dicking with team foundation server. Just in case you wanted more MS bullshit.

It's actually gotten pretty good over the last year or so. Im pleasantly surprised.
Also the graphics debugging tool is insanely useful.

You fucking retard. the MSVSC telemetry injects telemetry calls INTO THE BINARY.

this is not vscode.

Has great code completion since VB6.0

Yea, clion over vs any day.

There is a reason why it is the industry standard

VS Code can't disable telemetry either.
github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/16131

firstly: it's enabled by default
secondly: the telemetry group doesn't control all telemetry - there are still auto-updates that periodically call to marketplace servers
thirdly: disabling all of these don't stop telemetry, it still sends notification that these are disabled over of full telemetry data instead of just not calling home at all

anyway user was talking about that one time when MSVSC was compiling telemetry into all binaries

>it is the industry standard
Source?

That debugging tool is still directx only, isn't it? 'cause in general the whole bloated VS wants to tie you to ms products at every turn.

You mean that thing that was fixed a year ago, and the data from which could only be deciphered with symbol information?

Performance is shit, laggy and buggy! What's not to like?

You mean the C# user standard.

I mean the spyware worm that micros**t "accidentally" built into the compilers to spread in the binaries which could be deciphered even by non micros**t cucks, and quickly got pulled off because of the backlash, yes.

Why did you censor 'soft' out?

I have no idea what you're referring to then, and by your own words it's not even a problem anymore.

>anymore
Until someone finds out where in the compiler micros**t hid it now.

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11652077

Curse word, blue board.

Not only that, but also really shitty support for the Cpp standard and tools like cmake and the like.
Always tailing behind, always trying to push you onto MS trash toys. While being a bloated fat piece of crap.

Fuck VS.

It's not even the "telemetry" you're thinking of. It goes nowhere, and the data can't even be used without access to the PDBs.

But soft isn't a curse word

When it's prefixed with "Micro", it is.

Only thing I like about it is the font and color scheme.

There is literally no reason to use VS if you're not a soyboy.

postfixed*

>using a botnet IDE
>any year
Just stop.

Is C# even relevant anymore. It was hyped my M$ back in the early 2010's and slowly died off

It's not relevant anymore. Java is more useful and trustworthy even to companies, and the JVM compatible languages plus Java language revisions settled the desire for adopting most of the improvements C# actually had, without pushing everyone into the cesspool that is the MS ecosystem.

But VS is your IDE if you want to do C# regardless, which you mainly would do because you're working with MS API in an all MS environment.

VS is terrible for sepples it's only decent for dotnet shit.

>using ide
Just use a text editor such as vim for your fizzbuzz, like professional fizxbuzzers on Sup Forums.

What did CoeJoder mean by this?

It still sends data back tard

>best IDE
>60 GB monstrosity
>takes 45 minutes to install
Sure.

>try it
>doesn't support using a variable as array size in C
lol

JetBrains is the best IDE unless you're making windows apps.

> not windbg
Brainlet.

It looks really cool but is really cramped on 1366x768 displays :(

K

/thread

Visual Studio sucks but you have to be a total retard to use variables as array sizes.

This. Though you are wrong about the PDBs, you need to enable event logging for the provider in question to see these events getting logged.
HN is full of webshit codelets who reach for their decorative katanas the moment someone uses words like "event tracing" but it is really like dtrace signposts and not like urchin.

>I only ever used some crap and visual studio so vs is THE BEST!!!

What C99 feature do you need?

And you should care why? What kind of information could it possibly leak that you would care about?

Great argument.
>"Shitler holocausted 6 gorrilion before they stopped him"
>I have no idea what you're referring to then, and by your own words it's not even a problem anymore.
MS has a very substantial history of spyware fuckery, giving them a free pass because "it's not even a problem" once they felt the backlash is frankly blatant apologism.

front webdev here
just wanted you to know that I always optimize for 1366x768 :^)
love

OP IS A FAG. XCODE IS SUPERIOR

There's no reason why an IDE has to be 40 GB.

literally the worst, and I've used VS, netbeans, eclipse, intelllij, VI/atom/vscode and more professionally

It's normal

Maple is 2GB
Matlab is 6GB
Mathematica is 5GB
Boost (compiled) is 3GB
Boost (uncompiled) is 0.6GB
OpenCV is 3GB
Intel's C++/Fortran Compiler is 11GB
WinPython is 2GB
Visual Studio is 2GB~6GB

Okay then why deal with bloated shit like that when I can use GCC on Linux and be just as efficient?

>GCC
use clang
>linux
use bsd

only retard lamers uses other thing than emacs or vim.

>use clang

dude you can't even tell the difference between clang and gcc output stop forcing your shit.

>compile GCC
>just works
>compile in vs
>kills it self halfway

Fuck no

small example?

>clang
bloat
>BSD
Less support then linux

When I write my Anthropology of the cyberspace article I'm going to mention that Sup Forums's vermin boasts about Visual Studio and videogames.

> and be just as efficient

wrong

60gb if you install every single component. You barely get 5gb if you just install the components necessary to develop C++/C.