Is he the most overrated guitarist of all time?

Is he the most overrated guitarist of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOI_g9uKwYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah that's Keith Richards.

Who's the most 'overrated' guitarist that actually lives up to the hype?

Baby boomers and wrong generationers overrate him but Sup Forums underrates him. If he had left the music industry forever after Derek and the Dominoes broke up he would be universally loved. It's a shame that his painfully dull solo career permanently tarnished his reputation.

Think about what you just wrote

People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a fuckin' ledge and write a song about it?

*in order to write a song about it

Clapton is to blues what Vanilla Ice is to rap.

>coddled middle class whiteboy who didn't have what it took to pull it off

overrated post, underrated hype

I mean what guitarists get called underrated but don't deserve to be because they're rated just right?

*overrated

>Yardbirds
>John Mayall's Bluesbreakers
>Cream
>Blind Faith
>Derek & the Dominos

that list made me sleepy

John Mayall and his band were a major and influential British blues act.
Cream practically invented the super-group and helped established the guitars/bass/drums power trio in rock music.
Derek & the Dominos made pic related

true, but after all that he gradually became basically just a tribute act to himself

I haven't listened to Behind The Sun, but I guess Clapton is trying to sound like Vince Neil here.

He has a new album due out next week. ;)

itll be fine

I mean, yeah, he was good as a rock guitarist but trying to be a straight bluesman doesn't work when you came from a sheltered middle class upbringing. Only Stevie Ray Vaughn and Johnny Winter pulled that shit off and mostly because of their white trash Texas origins.

very influential, more than most people realise but yes quite overrated. mick taylor wipes the floor with him

Sorry you lost your son, Eric, but Pilgrim was so shitty that we couldn't feel your pain at all.

jimi hendrix is pretty overrated

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOI_g9uKwYg

Not exactly, but love that dated 80s sound.

Was just listening to Riding With The King. Seems pretty phoned in, especially on BB King's part.