NEW NETWORK HARDWARE THREAD, GET YOUR SFF/THINCLIENT/NETWORKING/EMBEDDED HATS ON

AMD just released embedded EPYC (up to 16 cores, 2x zeppelin die) and embedded Ryzen (up to 8 cores, Raven ridge die)

servethehome.com/amd-epyc-embedded-3000-series-launch-watch-out-xeon-d/
servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-embedded-v1000-zen-and-vega-apu-launched/

Embedded EPYC 3000 is 35-100W TDP
Embedded Ryzen is 15W(!!!) to 45W

servethehome.com/amd-epyc-embedded-3000-series-launch-watch-out-xeon-d/
servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-embedded-v1000-zen-and-vega-apu-launched/

Computerbase has the spec tables neatly laid out.

computerbase.de/2018-02/amd-epyc-embedded-3000-ryzen-v1000/

Now gotta wait for FreeBSD support, they're lagging on Denverton support for some reason, so I didn't have a chance to get some new pfsense/freenas hardware.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.netgate.com/XG-7100.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meanwhile Xeon-D starts out at fucking 65W, what is Intel smoking?

For comparison

Embedded RR is up to 4 cores and 54W.
But yes this does indeed look nice if you want cheaper stuff or is allergic to Intel's NIC IP.

Thank you based AMD representative. How much are they paying you?

>AMD representative
>wanted to get Denverton
?

You think these won't use Intel NICs? Oh user nobody would buy them, plenty of pre-Ryzen AMD SoC/embedded stuff uses Intel NICs, even if they don't for some reason plopping in a few Intel cards inside is no trouble and will be a lot cheaper since the cost of these things baloons up when they have to put in more than 3 NICs for some reason.

Man, look at this shit, 8x10GbE on top of 64 lanes, that's fucking nuts

CentOS support at least, cmon BSD devs get to work

Embedded Intel NIC IP is surely valuable tho.

Aha, now I see where all those Raven Ridge dies went to.
If you're already wafer constrained, might as well sell higher ASP stuff than fuck around with laptop OEMs

onboard Intel NICs are the same regardless of AMD or Intel platform, for fucks they use those NICs on ARM microservers, IBM mainframes and Solaris databases, Intel just sells the PHY, the SoC on the motherboard is in charge of everything else.

That V1605B looks orgasmic for routers.

>$880 for the top SKU
Hey that's hella generous.

Not that much cheaper than a threadripper and way lower clocks, but on the other hand you get SEV/SME, RDIMM support, verified ECC, much lower power draw and no retarded gaymur motherboards, and if you're a company much longer support.

Also there are cheaper SKUs that's barely slower, and I think for medium business the 80W 16 core will be popular while for SMB the single die 30W SKU will more than suffice.

>the single die 30W SKU will more than suffice.
For which Intel offers no SKL-D competition.
Is Intel retarded?

>no wangblows

Is Windows embedded dead?

quad channel or capacity isn't really important unless you're running a memcached server or a dedup FreeNAS setup or something, for networking everything here is overpowered as fuck unless you're into VPNs/IPsec stuff, but thankfully it's low power enough if you aren't.

Speaking of freenas, here's your 2x10GbE board, hopefully there's more than 4x SATA boards coming out

> Vega8
> muh router with neighbor pass-fucking

Top end atom stuff is probably that market. The new denverton does have a large performance uptake, especially the higher core varients. But epyc is probably going to be better value as usual. Looking forward to 32lanes to use in mini servers.

you've got a x16 slot there pop in a HBA

Windows is listed on the ryzen v1000 slide.

Who cares for the graphics? 4C/8T under 15W is what's tempting, all your GUI maintenance will be through serial anyway if your SSH is dead for some reason

>Top end atom stuff is probably that market.
No. 25W is the roof for Denverton.

>8 big cores
>30W

Is this fantasy? I can't wait to see embedded 7nm parts, holy shit.

That's pretty fucking neat.

And the clocks are not even that anemic.

I don't understand the top end part.. No QAT, no NIC..?
2500$?

Is Intel high?

>Is Intel high?
Ye.
Notice the lack of any low-power parts.

Yes.. Epyc 3201 doesn't have single core turbo as a 1700 but it's all core turbo is only 200MHz less, plus a bunch more features but it's only 30W while the 1700 is 65W

Is this binning magic? Stricter voltage control?

>Is this binning magic?
This.

I thought there was a 45w denverton, there are a couple of 32w parts mind. It could be that zeppelin just couldn't go any lower, all those io lanes are thirsty for all the zeppelin and rr products.

7nm Zen is going to be godly

Netgate has a single Denverton pfsense appliance, it's a rack though and I want something small, I don't know why upstream BSD doesn't have denverton support yet but seriously it's been fucking half a year already.
What's taking so long?

store.netgate.com/XG-7100.aspx

When your entire CPU lineup is based around one die that you can make millions of, it's not unsurprising AMD can pick out some of the best ones for power consumption while still selling them at near rock bottom pricing

4 cores at 15W and 2.0/3.6 doesn't look thirsty to me, neither does 8 cores at 30W and 3.1 all core turbo, that sounds fucking magical actually.

Look at this joke , I made a post around early summer last year that Mesh network is far more power intensive than a ringbus to keep active and it looks to be true, Broadwell Xeon-D's were way lower TDP.

No, the TDPs are unrelated to mesh.
Lewisburg is very powerhungry (14-28W).

>less lanes
>lower clocks
>4 vs 8x10GbE
>lower memory support
>higher TDP

Denverton is amazing compared to this thing..
At this point I think Intel is just mental.
Besides QAT there's nothing good about these things.

Wow, great. Another AMD product that will barely match an overclocked 2 generation old Xeon...

>tripfaggot

neck yourself

I'm saying that mesh makes it harded to power gate the hardware, idle power figures of Skylake-X/SP are far from pretty, and it's not a little 20W apart , even compared to Broadwell Xeon

Report the tripcancer, even better just filter.

SKL-D is powerhungry because moar coarz + less anemic clocks + LBG.
It's a shit product compared to Snowy Owl nevertheless.

What would happen to my fanbase?

The epyc3101 bottoms out at 35w for a 4c4t part with less cache. The zen cores are great, but it looks like the zeppelin memory controllers and lanes take up a lot of power relative to the core. Raven ridge (and probably pinnacle ridge) seem to fix that a bit as well.

Also the v1000 has 10gbe, Do slot and pachinko machines need high speed networking now?

>even better just filter.
This is never the answer.

Works fine for me.

Yeah let's just ignore cancer, it will surely go away if unchecked.

>Also the v1000 has 10gbe, Do slot and pachinko machines need high speed networking now?

Look at the V1000 partner list: automotive, defense contractors, mechanical development and assembly, medical imaging and diagnostics, hydraulics, digital signage.

Embedded encompasses a fucking lot.

Sometime in the future, some military drone carrying a raven die will blow up some mudslime.

Just imagine.

Do you think the drone will run dcs world? Is India playing the long game by having these drones hit Pakistan?

Not only is AMD anti-Semitic they also sell hardware to kill innocent people.

I'll never buy from them again.

I think I’ll stop shilling Intel so much then. AyyyyMD is my new favorite.

This, intel may kill wallets, but they aren’t building up product stack that can kill PEOPLE.

Infidels aren't people.

15W is still much more powerful than it needed, I sure.

If Intel's GPUs weren't so shit maybe someone would actually use them for high speed/high res troposphere camera imaging.

>8 cores
>16 threads
>2.5ghz base clock
>3.1ghz all core turbo
>50w TDP

2.5ghz to 2.7ghz is pretty much what I expected from AMD's Xeon-D competitor. They have an incredibly strong offering here.

15W is under average load and that's with a GPU, networking appliances aren't usually under load, nor do they need a GPU, they're idle.
The entire board is unlikely to pull more than 10W idle in a router setup.

DFI still exists?

The future really is looking so bright
>shitskins and kikes
>people

There is only one, choose wisely.

w TDP
You mean 30W? Look at the 3251 and 3201, only difference is base clock and memory support.

Dayum that 12c 65W looks damn nice.

>Epyc 3201
How the fuck?

The other sheet has without SMT and the memory controller is much slower.

Binning, clocks, and 2133 only support.

Anyone noticed the 3200 memory support for raven embedded?

QUICK! WHAT'S HIS NICKNAME?

Confirmed Jewmauler?

3101 looks really tempting to repkace my j1800 home server/nas.

Fucking hell
What does embedded mean here? Are these like chip-on-die ARM like boards or do they sell the processors separately?
And where could one buy these? The 15W 4/8 looks insane

>chip-on-die
I meant chip-on-board

>chip-on-die
Sup Forums never ceases to amaze me.

I though RR had dual 1GbE, not 10GbE. Nicely done, AMD.
Yes, it's all BGA.
You can't buy one separately, you need to buy a board with one.

Every RR embedded part has a cTDP, fucking sweet

Well, cTDP is better than the Intel way of SKU spam.