Note Taking

What does Sup Forums use for digital note taking?
I've been using OneNote but it sucks for math stuff and isn't customizable at all so I'm looking for something else.

Is Jupyter worth getting into? What does Sup Forums use?

Learn latex
Jupyter is for quick prototyping in Python and other languages.

I just use markdown. I wish there was a markdown editor that acted like a rich text editor, though,

Take notes freehand then transcribe into latex.

Paper

keepnote
no idea

Org mode

Org-mode then export to latex or whatever you want.

org mode is not v ery productive imo

OneNote supports LaTex afaik.
Using org mode personally

Pencil
And
Paper

Infinitely better than the tech alternatives

This. Also my WPM is like 50 and with LaTeX or markdown that drops to like 30 and 40 respectively.

my picture is related to this topic.
(It's the masterrace of note taking)

Best thing is to use pen&paper during class and digitalize it afterwards.

>not typing faster than writing

You guys take notes in Latex? How does that work? Can someone post an example?

I do. I didn't say I can actually take down notes with ease or speed, I often miss most of the content on the board by the time the professor moves on :^(
Writing is good for forming memory links and associations.

Google keep

It's not about typing. If you're studying history and literature maybe latex is fine, because all you want to do is basically write text.
But if you want draw a table or draw a graph/tree with labeled nodes/edge to show how an algorithm works, you're definitely much faster with pen and paper. Same goes for math, even if it's way less noticeable.

Cherrytree. Pretty great actually.

This.

Also, I use zathura+vim to compile it, pretty rich text.

iPad pro + apple pencil

iPen + iPaper

On OneNote you can quickly insert an equation with Alt+=, and you can change it in the settings to accept Latex inputs. So you can type \alpha or use underscores, caret symbols, etc. You can see the shortcut for all functions by mousing over them, but most stuff is pretty intuitive

With time you can get pretty fast.

OneNote is also pretty good for dropping whatever onto the page, like images, links and YouTube videos, which I doubt is equally easy for Latex

Handling pages/sections/notebooks is a pretty good way to organize things as well

t. OneNote shill

ThinkPad x230t tablet, with a Wacom digitizer
Comfy as fuck for notes