ITT: Artists Sup Forums considers overrated but are actually perfectly rated

ITT: Artists Sup Forums considers overrated but are actually perfectly rated.

I like to think of Sup Forums as a music board from an alternate dimension where no one has good music taste; whatever Sup Forums says is usually backwards, like in Bizarro World.

> "He says 'Hello' when he leaves and 'Goodbye' when he arrives."
> "Shouldn't it be 'Badbye'? "

Hi, dad.

I agree, some cliches are "cliche" for a reason.

Hi, son. Turn that fucking Death Grips down

Lol dad why are you wasting your life on this site? Aren't you suppose to set a positive example for the entire family and get a job and not let mom be the only breadwinner?

I told your mother we should've aborted you -_-

I have a job you little shit, Sup Forums isn't going to police itself

>judging music by its fans

great musician
great style
bad songwriter

hendrix was good but isn't the most WIDE in scope as some "artists".

in other words, he could rip a guitar. he could make it wail, play the blues, sing the blues, play a rad solo.

but, that is hendrix. past that, the scope is limited. maybe "versatile" is the word im looking for. he had less development than some artists

You can't be serious, in what possible dimension would Hendrix be overrated?
>invented metal
>invented guitar
>invented music

>bad songwriter
not at all

just not particularly great in that area, still better than most

So you've never heard this album huh?

1940: music started

sorry, i honestly meant this one although both prove you wrong

agreed on the first part, if there is one thing Sup Forums taught me is that there is no such thing as a perfect artist, anyone can be shat on if you know how to do it.

I agree with Sup Forums on this, you should have sacred cows that you consider beyond criticism.

Some of my favorite artists of all time I've actually managed to get drunk with, get annoyed with over a conversation. I consider myself fortunate in that regard. They are craftsmen, not deities.

shouldnt*

Christgau has given plenty of bombs and scissors to artists he likes (Dylan, The Who, the Ramones, Sonic Youth, etc). He's never put any of his personal sacred cows beyond the pale of criticism and rightly so.

yeah you're right "bad" is exaggerating, he was decent, but the songs where he tries to do blues rip-offs and poppy tracks were generally pretty boring (besides from his face melting guitar, but even that gets old after listening to an entire record of it).

Good record, but wildly inconsistent. Voodoo Child is an example of brilliant songwritting, but the rest is super wanky and uninspired albeit enjoyable to some extent.

definitely jimi's best songwriting

I prefer dick dale

>the rest is super wanky

Why the fuck do autists on this board call anything that involves a bit of technicality, virtuosity or indulgence "wanky"? There's nothing wanky about Hendrix's playing on that album. Just because there's a guitar solo involved, doesn't mean it's wank.