Why the fuck it is so hard to create decent built-in web browser for a company like microsoft

why the fuck it is so hard to create decent built-in web browser for a company like microsoft

that happens when you hire pajeets for everything

install gentoo

Always works for me. Can watch 4k video on oldshit laptop. And has smooth sctolling.

digits confirm

quints of truth
>using anything made by mike rowe soft

>4k
>oldshit
If you're shits that old you're just loading a resolution your screen can't even produce retard

Tried just for testing... It became my default browser just because its the only one that can run smooth on that machine

You wouldnt believe me even if I told you, but I will tell you anyway. If Microsoft actually built a better browser than their competitors they would then have to spend more money on tech support for that browser. Better to provide something basic that barely works rather than something that wipes the floor with their competitors. Two advantages to this are: lower wage bills for microsoft - more shit for the browser companies such as google, mozilla and opera. By providing a very basic browser microsoft realises that is one of the first components users will replace with 3rd party stuff but they are obliged to provide one so you can get the 3rd party stuff. If I build aeroplanes why would i give a shit about building buses to get passengers to those aeroplanes?

checked

I don't want a web browser built into the OS. That would just increase the attack surface.

isn't microsoft restricted from doing so after the antitrust case?

Hi pajeet. How many rupees do you get per post?

eh that's a copout. Microsoft is spending millions or even billions to promote Edge. Google is making big inroads with ChromeOS/Chromebooks so Microsoft has every reason to build a great browser.

except Edge is actually a decent browser and they significantly improve on it with every update. The MS store/extensions thing is a disaster however, FUCK using MS Store for anything

>FUCK using MS Store for anything
Huh, I actually prefer this for most things but there's still not enough traction from smaller devs. It's nicely integrated and there's less to worry about overall.

The antitrust case is settled.
Microsoft can make a browser that absolutely demolishes Chrome or Firefox if they really wanted to, as long as they provide a version of Windows (N) that doesn't have IE or Edge built in.

This is kinda funny since google is free to ad his browser

Checked

wew
/thread

>except Edge is actually a decent browser
Except it isn't, user. It's as taxing on the resources as Chrome, but all-around slower and worse-performing.
As a "light browser" it's worse than modern Opera in literally everything - I've unironically tried using it instead of Chrome, Firefox, and Opera as a mean to increase my laptop's performance when I'm working with heavy shit. It's just plain bad.

damn

It works pretty well really but it was or still is missing a lot of features that should have been in it when it came out in the first place and I think that's what cost them a lot of users

Can't deny the truth of quints. Trump must send out the death squads after h1b visa holders. The quints have spoken.

>implying they're not sitting there in an Mumbai office wondering why there's so many issues with the OS in general

lmao