I want to create a game like Pokemon that synchronizes via blockchain...

I want to create a game like Pokemon that synchronizes via blockchain. Pokemon ownership is proven by distributed consensus and thus the digital asset 'a pokemon' becomes tradeable and valuable.

Within the game also there will be a crypto based currency that players can trade for btc/eth/etc. This currency will also be used to buy and sell monsters in the ingame auction house, as well as items and other ingame assets.

The game will be based on two systems. One single player system where players can follow the storyline, catch monsters, and explore and level up etc. And one system which will be sort of like hearthstone and exclusively for multiplayer dueling. Players can duel hardcoremode, with permadeath for their monsters and high cash stakes, or casualmode with low cash stakes and no permadeath.

The tokenisation of the game will
a) provide capital for development for the early 2-3 years
b) attract speculators
c) trigger nostalgia in 30 the exact generation that is now obsessed with crypto/blockchain tech

This will be a real thing, it won't be like cryptokitties or other shitty cash-grab projects. I won't share anything 'officially' online until I have something impressive to show simultaneously. Then I'll anounce the ico and roadmap.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

etheremon.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You won't be able to actually use Pokemon branding/trademarks if you plan on having any kind of official business presence.

I, uh, wish you good luck in employing block chains where there is no need for them.

You're trying to tack on a meme technology (blockchain) on an existing product (pokemon) when you actually not only gain virtually nothing from doing this but also have no differentiation from competitors (on account of the fact you're tacking blockchain on just for its sake and not to solve an existing problem).

Already exists user, it's called Etheremon. Better luck next time

>I want to create a game like Pokemon

>Pokemon
>blockchain
>tradeable and valuable.
>crypto based currency
>hardcoremode
>high cash stakes
>tokenisation
>capital for development
>attract speculators
>crypto/blockchain tech
>the ico and roadmap

Well it will be on the Tor network of course.

You need to plan pokemon emission unless you are willing to permit fractions of pokemons.

etheremon.com/

Hey op, I liked your idea.

don't let other people kill your motivation

obviously. i just use the term to communicate the idea easily. so people can instantly visualize what i'm talking about.

this is not true. the ingame currency being blockchain based gives it trustless character making it attractive to speculators and investors. the blockchain synchronisation to verify pokemon ownership makes the game resistant to hacks, manipulation, or malicious actions on behalf of the developers. this is necessary to attract investors.

yes, naturally lol.

this is what i meant with shitty cryptokitty and ethertanks clones. this is not a game, just a ponzi dressed in a game. i'm talking real, literal game. like pic related.

thanks user, i appreciate it!

>need to dl 6tb blockchain to start playing
>have to wait days for miners to complete transaction of catching a new pokemon
>pokemon niche already filled by pokemon
>hearthstone

are you retarded? god it's annoying when people put on the edgy Sup Forums lingo despite not having a fucking clue what they're talking about.

you only download the entire thing once, then updating is a breeze. player count wouldn't be too large initially so it would be very manageable. only minor tables of data would have to be stored on the blockchain.

This literal retard over here
Bitcoin chain is ~150gigs you faggot

Do it. Once you have beta version or whatever, let us know.

the beta will be hello world.exe.virus

The blockchain part seems vaguely interesting (see also Pokéfarm Q), but I don't enjoy mainline Pokémon games.
>endless grinding in tall grass
>grinding is EVEN WORSE if you aren't playing on an emulator and can't speed up the game
>battles aren't even fun

Compare Pokémon [spoiler]DX[/spoiler]: Gale of Darkness.
>grinding at Mt. Battle is actually fun, because your opponents are trainers with monsters that aren't pathetically weak
>nice graphics make battles less boring

>battles aren't even fun
It's supposed to be a multiplayer game. Single player is just for getting your Pokémon and experiencing a story. Battles are only fun multiplayer.

nice buzzwords brah, just bought 100k.

are you joking nigga, spout these corporate buzzwords at a VC wearing a nice suit and with good presentation and they will make it fucking rain

I would see literally 0 reason to have a battle with permadeath.
first of all you lose money if your pokemon thing dies.
second if you kill someones pokemon it also dies? so you don't get rewarded for winning???

Doesnt pokemon use fainting? That seems like a good idea.
If I battle a trainer and they lose, It's recorded forever on the blockchain that I beat that ass and maybe certain battles can be for ownership of the pokemon, kind of like a pink slip battle.

I would even take it a step further. like give the pokemon quirks and random behaviour that's stored in blockchain. so for example if you had a pokemon from birth and it likes you, should you lose it in a battle, but later on see it somewhere, it will "remember" you and call out to you or something.

The quirks can also be attributes or modifiers, like a pokemon dealing more damage if you use one skill after another. in that way, the game rewards long term ownership.

There could also be weaknesses that as a trainer you should be aware of. that way if you lose a pokemon, you can exploit the known weakness to get the pokemon back.

If you liked my ideas feel free to drop some eth my way: 0xdC446dfA7fDe28F059F3043473bEb08eEa90aA89

>pokemon emission
you mean like breeding?

>you only download the entire thing once, then updating is a breeze.
yeah its called bootstrapping.
The game client could include the blockchain upto that day, and then they only have to sync todays data.

Down side is, if the game is super popular it could easily get very large for little actual value.

Bitcoin is currently 100GB I think.
Which might be good or bad. You could see this as putting a natural end to the life game.

Basically, anyone who was the top pokemon owner when the game hit 10GB will be remembered for life as the winner of that game.

I will. It'll take a while though. But I'm considering setting up a website with info and a basic whitepaper in order to attract some attention. An early fundraising type of thing could provide me with the dosh necessary to get the project off the ground. So I'm trying to get some early feedback.

Completely agree. Initially graphics wouldn't be a focus, but once a mvp is built polishing can be done gradually. Ultimately good graphics is just a question of money, good 3d artists and animators aren't cheap.

This exactly. The two pillar system is just an easy way to get around having to code an mmorpg which would be infinitely more difficult.

Permadeath would take some careful tweaking, but would be a lot of fun for more hardcore players or players interested in playing the game seriously to accumulate the ingame currency (and trade it for btc->$$$). Early idea would simply be that the defeated player gets a small xp amount and cash reward for fighting, the winner gets a large xp/cash amount + can choose to keep one of the defeated players monster. Something like that. But I can also see ultrahigh stakes dueling being fun where the winner takes all monsters. Would have to be voluntary for both of course. Some sweet ideas there for sure! I do plan to 'spawn' every pokemon with a random seed that randomizes its attributes within certain ranges. So no two monsters of the same species are exactly alike. A pikachu with good genes would trade for more currency than a shit gene pikachu in the auctionhouse.

Would throw you some eth if I had any m8

Interesting concept but seems so vulnerable to a user or collaboration of users to become insanely powerful and unstoppable which could potentially affect the price of the currency. OR currency/monsters are unlimited at which point I would guess they become valueless instantly or otherwise prohibitively rare?

I'd be way more interested in just securing monster ownership with a decay/recycle function for inactive users through blockchain-like distribution than trying to make a new coin with a flashy interface.

I'm mostly talking out of my ass (99:1 ass:brain) but its fun to think about :p
I like the implications of every player's client essentially mining though.

Post more ideas.

>Thoughts?

I have a similar idea OP. But these guys don't get it until they see a working product. Let's just keep it to ourselves. It's a good idea. Keep at it.

Keep as much of the in game currency as you can, retain some privilege as the creator.
Can we see publicly the inventory/coin balance of all players?

Why bother with crypto when people pay real money for in-game currency?

there are other ways to utilize blockchain instead of as an ingame currency

BUY CRYPTOCURRENCY YOU FAGS

because you don't own anything you pay for in fiat. If WoW bans your account, that 500$ unicorn vomit is gone for good.

If you have true ownership of something you bought or traded in a game, you take it with you, give/sell it to another player, or bring it to another count, liquidate it/convert it turn it into another item. The digital ledger system is the protection for you the player and your investment.

Then design the game to be capable of playing off server. Wow that was hard.

I'm not OP, And I am :)

This should have been /Thread already.
The hell are you guys still even discussing about?

Might be due to OP wanting some actual gameplay for his game beyond "it's exactly like cryptokitties but with pokeymans instead".

>some actual gameplay
>crypto

that's a pyramid scheme, not a game

This. I would probably play it. Got nothing else to do with my coins either.

This thing is going to run slow as shit over Tor. Instead of using Nintendo IP you should think about coming up with some of your own so you can route this over the clearnet.

Sure, go ahead and ignore what's possible with blockchain technology. Bet you only flip bitcoin around to get fiat gains.

>Sure, go ahead and ignore what's possible with blockchain technology.

>thoughts
I've thought of this before.
I decided against it because
The decentralized nature really only favors the game when the option (a centralized service) is ill intentioned in some way. So that'd imply I'm working against myself or aiming to grow the faith the community has in my Pokémon economy.
In the context of a game proof of work doesn't make much sense. You have to verify transactions somehow and verify that the acquisition of resources (Pokémon) was made fair and square.
This is a problem entirely separate from the block chain unless your game is literally about having the best computer. The simple solutions are all about you creating a centralized server. When you have that. Why not have a centralized server for the currency aswell?

I do find the idea of D3 AH-style games where they're actually p2w but in a manner where there's no leech in the system. Which normally would be you. But as the person backing the coin and probably taking a bunch for yourself by mining early want to see it prosper for that reason it's not facing the consequences of a centralized body.

It's not gonna sell though. If gamers were really hap-hazard about their in game currency all the time and you needed to fight this in-world apathy towards the currency it'd make sense.
But that's just not the case.

This might have worked better back in ~2012 because the idea of decentralized currency had a lot more interest behind it because it was a fresh concept. A gimmick you can market with. 'play this game well for x hours and make money'. That's when I thought about it. But that was all early speculation. And I quickly realized that this is all secondary to a great game that stands on its own.

>it's all to market a coin
If so. The more feasible approach is to build Middleware for people with good games to implement your economy.

Cross-game 'RMT' exists. Consider the old D2 communities and forums. That's where this could sit.