So it turns out he has Aspergers, wow who saw that coming?!

So it turns out he has Aspergers, wow who saw that coming?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0b00c25JQk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

James Blake has sucked ever since he started singing

Takes one to know one...

James Blake has been shit for awhile now and this album shows off exactly why.

His s/t is really nice but the rest of his work is pretty garbage (aside from the few tracks from Overgrown that sounded like s/t quality stuff).

hahahahaha
jesus christ

it sucks to have these opinions because i guess you will never experience joy while listening to james blake

i listen to him every day and it feels like hearing him for the first time every single time

I experience a lot of joy listening to his s/t.

But yea I find him to be generally underwhelming. I find immense joy like you speak of in other artists though so it all works out.

He's right.

Listen to his debut again before you reply or any of his dubstep EPs beforehand. Masterpieces, the lot of them. Then listen to how much he falls off compared to this and to a lesser extent Overgrown, which looks like a diamond compared to this steaming pile.

James Blake is for tasteless faggots that finger their assholes in the shower

youtube.com/watch?v=0b00c25JQk8

why the fuck do people like overgrown

no good chords
no good effects
no good melodies

TCIA has all of that

M E L O N H E A D
E
L
O
N
H
E
A
D

I think it was a pretty fair review from Anthony's perspective. For reference, I am a pretty strong James Blake fan and after a few listens I think I am settling on a strong 7/10 for this album, maybe a very light 8.

For starters, Anthony seems to strongly dislike some of the electronic sounds and instruments used (such as on I Hope My Life) that I rather enjoyed. I would claim that Blake is picking these harsher noises very purposefully because he likes them- take a look at some of his harmonimixes. So that item is mostly a matter of taste.

As to the lyrics, I think they suit the theme of the album, which is a rather self-focused one. We spend most of the album inside Blake's head, trapped with his thoughts, be they graceful or selfish. So songs like f.o.r.e.v.e.r. make sense to me in the context of this album. But for Anthony, I can see how they would be a negative.

As to the length and variety of the album, I think this is the strongest point Anthony makes. Blake probably could have cut a couple of songs (Points...) to bring the album back from the threshold leading from full-length to rather-long album. And I have yet to experience quite the same clarity of flow that I did listening to Overgrown. I don't think it's a disjointed experience, but it could be a little more cohesive.

Not a terrible review from Anthony, and it should be noted that he does not seem to put forward the idea that this is the best that James Blake can achieve. I'm sure he and I both look forward equally to this artist's next release.

he'a complety right though

I don't understand people's desire for their artists to keep sounding like they have sounded in the past. If they do that's fine, if they don't that's fine too. People change, people find different things interesting over time, and are inspired, and influenced by new things. Their tastes change, and therefore their art changes.

I haven't given TCIA too many listens yet, but it's definitely not bad. I'd agree in the sense that i thing some songs fall short compared to others on the album. The great songs are fucking great, but the lows seem even more stark due to that. Overgrown was also great, his S/T was also great. The EPs were also great. TCIA is good. He's trying different shit, can't fault him for that, some people will move along with him, and follow him in the direction he's going, some wont. It's ok. Just because you reside on one side of the issue, doesn't mean it's the only possible outcome. I'd disagree with the harshness with which Melonhead judged the album honestly, but i can understand that some people will not like the album. Especially if they really wanted someone like his debut. But Fantano's also got some valid points.

well crafted response. Thanks user for your actual input in this thread

just admit fantano is clueless and doesn't give a shit about good musicianship
its why his favorite artists (DG, Swans, Dead Kennedys) are so brainless

>Dead Kennedys
>brainless
>Swans
>brainless
JUST

Pretty sure caring way too much what another person thinks about a piece of art is the actual sign of autism.

His points are valid, but I'd give it a 6.8/10

Hi, Pitchfork

I usually use a whole numbers to rate albums but this is a rare exception where it's not a 6 and it's not quite a 7. 6.75 is probably more accurate.

Accurate

The only thing James Blake ever did that wasn't shit were his Harmonimixes.

The s/t is accessible af so I can see why plebs lean towards it. The new one has some very well composed songs though that anybody without a decent ear will competently skim over.

The new James Blake is at the very list top 3 for AOTY, so yes, he probably has the 'tism

The majority of artists generally have a two to five year period of putting out really quality music. Sometimes it lasts longer, but generally, once that window has passed, it's time to move on.

Lol, yeah, holy shit, people with autism are so fucking stupid and inferior when it comes to music and I'm so much better than them and I hate them.

well he made some good songs on the past 2 albums, but overall his singing is so flat it hurts my ears. Perhps if he started sampling Mariah Carey he might get somewhere. A good underground artist 3/10

nice meme

accurate

At least he's not an sjw. He appeared on Sargon's channel so you know he's been redpilled.