Good lord

Care to elaborate Sup Forums?

I would understand if this is new, but why though?

Why what faggot

Wouldn't you still be limited to pci-e speeds?

Why not?

you'd be limited by whichever interface is the slowest

That picture makes me sad for you.

Kind of
I still get 150 fps on asseto corsa, 80 fps on gta 5 on medium, 100 fps on rainbow 6
I feel sad for you too user

You get 80% of the performance which much more than a HD4000

>I feel sad for you too user

>I'm insecure so that I go online and talk shit on a Arabic anal fisting mailing list to act superior to random people
I really do feel sad for you

>>I'm insecure so that I go online and talk shit on a Arabic anal fisting mailing list to act superior to random people

Dude just fuck off back to 9gag if you think you're being smart with random drumpf macros

>you're fine with your laptop's performance?
>you want to use that juicy 1440p monitor
egpu - solution to your problems, buy now : ^ )

>just fuck off back to 9gag
>drumpf

But /biz/ said gpu is for mining !

You can mine on the side too!

That looks fucking terrible

poorfags who take performance loss bonuses because they're poor and dumb

What port are the graphics card plugged into?
What are these setups called?
I am a brainlet so please no bully

it's called egpu
ports are mini pcie or expresscard

i have expresscard one with thinkpad, its amazing, docking station 2 monitors, click unplug (just like pendrive) pull it out and you're good to go no need to turn pc off etc, same goes with plugging back in, hot swap

While this is all true there's a lot of stability and compatibility issues that go with eGPUs, especially using pcie/expresscard

I like your keyboard.

Thanks
I like it a lot too

Because you have a gpu, a power supply, and a laptop but not a desktop or external gpu case.

well maybe im lucky i had none of those, even the first setup was plug&play no errors

What laptop/GPU/adapter were you using?

But does it run Bf1

thinkpad x230 + exp gdc beast v8.5c with expresscard + dell da-2 + gigabyte gtx 750ti

Haven't tried
Don't own bf1

>stop right there drumpf!!11! you've had 1 to many scoops!!1!!

Is there a point of diminishing returns and it just doesn't matter if you get like a titan x compared to a gtx 1070 due to the pcie speed?

>Is there a point of diminishing returns and it just doesn't matter if you get like a titan x compared to a gtx 1070 due to the pcie speed?
no

Yeah your cpu options are limited
The X230 sucks absolute shit with this since it's soldered and all options are all dual core with varying clockspeeds
The T430 is a bit more flexible and with enough money and magic space you can install a 3840qm at most