Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yNeHLG3gWf0
youtube.com/watch?v=661VpuFgSkg
youtube.com/watch?v=8nutVnGfTFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dean sort of

who, who, who and who?

arca should be replaced by actress in that image desu

Ferraro in the sense of recording pretty much everything whether it's all intentional or just improvisational stuff.

at least post the original OP

The 5 greatest musicians today are James Ferraro, Dean Blunt, Daniel Lopatin, Andy Morin and Arca. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you cant

i cant prove you wrong because you are not

andy morin > daniel lopatin > james ferraro > arca > dean blunt
imo

new dean
youtube.com/watch?v=yNeHLG3gWf0

Dean > OPN = Arca > Ferraro > Morin

Andy > Dean > Arca > Lopatin > Ferraro

>andy morin last

does anyone else think arca is really really overrated and kind of boring?? his sounds are just old 90s electroacoustic shit tacked on to gay club vibes but he doesnt do that nearly as well as say... lotic. I really dislike his collabs too apart from his work with FKA twigs

Dean Blunt and James Ferraro - and everyone else trying the whole "cool untouchable rare idgaf mysterious" thing - are just slimy after-byproducts of the entertainment industry's marketing methods of creating artificial pricetags around music.

In The Old Days, you paid for music because musicians were famous and cool, because record companies told you so. They were post-human gods who didn't interact with the sniveling public except through tapes and CDs that you'd fork over 20 bucks for. This power system gave careers to marketers, music critics, and all kinds of fucking people who aren't involved in the process of making music at all. The internet came along and gave artists who DIDN'T have massive egos a direct link to their audiences, but it also laid bare the ugly truth that there is SO MUCH music out there that you'd have to be absolutely mad to pay for it - or really care about the artists at all.

So instead of shucking the outdated obsession with image and making due in the new reality like, you know, adults, they stubbornly stick to the old ways harder than ever, trying desperately to make their music as exclusive and mysterious (again, utterly fucking artificial concepts in a world where I can download their entire discographies in 5 minutes) as they can, to convince you to become a fan, and hopefully toss a few fun coupons their way.

They're the musical equivalent of the balding thirty-year-old who hangs out at high school kid parties.

(OPN is cool though)

my favorite pasta

It will take much longer than five minutes to download Ferraro's discography.

Hey, if it enters the pasta canon, I'll be happy.

Damn, maybe even a whole ten minutes of searching for whatever fan archive is the most up-to-date. What a mysterious guy...I w-wonder what's behind those sunglasses of his....*blushes*

>Damn, maybe even a whole ten minutes of searching for whatever fan archive is the most up-to-date

Actually link me any fan archive that has all of his music and perhaps you can prove you're not outright lying.

is this a joke

Another retard who don't know anything about Ferraro(OPN is cool though even though he is the most pretentious artist on the world).I really dont see how Ferraro persona matter in his music when he himself used to refuse interviews just so people can actually focus on his music.And once again I can't see how you compare him to blunt who is talentless hack and their music doesn't have anything in common.

Daniel > Andy > James > Arca > Dean

?

u dissing andy?

Yes, better to listen to actual flashcore in that case.

The only one of these artists I like is Ferraro and Lopatin.

Lopatin best, the man I believe is a legit prophet and shaman.

This, except I'd put Arca over Ferraro

Is that the real D?

this is the real d!

i think andy's in this thread

not really. I think they're working through ideas and energies I'm into some, but they too have grown along a wavelength I've already been growing along for like... shit, I don't know how many years... probably started when I did acid in my teens

That's why my music is not on the internet and will never be.

hype williams got me to make music just for the fun of it

4 you

Dean and OPN are definitely influences, especially after seeing OPN in Toronto earlier this year.

Add Laurel Halo and Actress to there and it probably makes up most of my influences

do you think ae like opn?

i don't know who they are, but they look like serial killers.

Maybe point never for giving me more chill core that's not boring

Danny > Andy > Arca > Dean > James

This is entirely true idk why people are being brats about it

they do yeah

I like them all except dean blunt don't really 'get' his music. Arca can be pretty hit or miss but when it hits it is great. his last album had a lot of filler but the more layered songs where really good. He's dropping a new album soon. OPN is also making a song with fka twigs so that should be interesting when that drops.

youtube.com/watch?v=661VpuFgSkg

ferraro influenced me to start huffing computer duster

one of them said r+7 is amazing in their q&a

I just listened to james fader mix which consisted of shitty 80's pop rock and a quote from him stating that "patriarchy is like a society in handcuffs" how do people like this guys music its fucking horrible

Fuck no.

but who would you "fuck"?

dibs on arca

arca

bump

Replace Ferraro with Novelist and you'd be correct.

I used to make quick ringtone like tracks with my phone and a Microkorg before I found out about James Ferraro
I like synths a lot so I like opn
Arca is good at what he does but I don't like all the time
I mostly just make video game music though so I don't really hear their influences too much in my music

Meant to say
So I really like James Ferraro because he does the same thing
Whoops

Only Jeff Tweedy in the bottom left corner.

arca was very influential to me realizing i wanted to fuck dudes

i agree t b h

I can understand this. I don't think he's terrible but I don't quite get the hype. Definitely not AOTY material, if tinymixtapes is anything to go by. OPN and Ferraro both had better releases than Arca did last year.

Afroman, blackman, le experimental electronic man and sweaterboy

I can't blame you there, user. Ferraro is quite a hunk, t b h faaaaaaaaaaaam

the fact that people on this board think Ferraro should be judged on any serious basis is absurd

no quality. no true art.

just
edgy
edge
edgy
edge

(saw him open for OPN - bet most of you havent even given him money in any form)

>Once again another faggot talks about Ferraro and its quite obvious how he only heard skidrow and far side AT BEST episode

oneohtrix point never

Marble Surf and Night Dolls are top-tier Ferraro, man. Can't get enough of those. Though I'm a bit partial to Feed Me.

Are you the same guy?This are his most accessible but farm from best.He is the best out of the 4 artists by far anyway.

Not actually same guy. Getting deeper into the discog, but still haven't scratched the surface too much.

I've listened to iAsia, Multitopia, Clear, Discovery, Last American Hero / Adrenaline's End (on second thought that's probably one of my favorites of his, as well), On Air, and 1992 Cool Runnings. May be missing some, but whatevs, I've still got quite the Ferraro backlog to listen to.

you're all autists have zero real life friends who connect with you musically

That's not the original you idiot.

Arca yes
OPN maybe
Dean not really
Ferraro no

Why did you feel the need to type this? Do you feel better now that you have said this?

Ferraro, definitely.

Blunt, sorta.

Lopatin, not really.

Arca, non.

fucking fuck off you fucking fuck

Arca?
Absolutely

Oneohtrix?
Yes

Ferraro?
Maybe

Blunt?
No

blunt to me is more of an artist, the music is a side piece.

blunt>ferraro>and it's a toss up for arca and opn

it's kinda strange because i'm not super-duper fond of any of those 4's bodies of work piled together besides lopatin's but i do feel like they've all had a huge influence on me regardless. they've just got a very distinctive production style

lopatin > arca > morin > blunt > ferraro

OH SHIT ITS THAT NIGGA DEAN

every artist I have ever listened to has influenced me, so I guess.

>projecting

Bruno Mars' Australian rapper cousin, Bryson Tiller Sr., that fat guy from college humor and some literally who.

how did ferraro get so popular on Sup Forums?

Lopatin is my Lopatinfu

Ferraro > Morin > Lopatin > Arca > Blunt

ive watched that video so many times
andy is my gripsfu
youtube.com/watch?v=8nutVnGfTFg

Hello newfriend!

I literally can't.

Except Arca. Bit trash. Substitute Hecker and you're gold.

here ya go baby, eat up
mega:///#F!C8ITkbyT!Oncn1AFkDWXbyn67idYIbQ
and dean's for the hell of it
mega:///#F!d8JAWLpb!NaBkLQYcr4h-KurX2BvFQA

oh and that's not including skid row that came out last year
and if you can't open the link, get the browser extension already

Are you fucking mad?

because of Marcel's Music Journal