Why are Linux users like this?

Why are Linux users like this?

>forgetting Sup Forumsentoo

OP is clearly a fag.

>everything I don't like is soy!
I'm sick of this shitty meme and I'm sick of true soyboys like you OP

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

T.soyboy

Fucking shut up and drink your soy, you drooling mong

Basically in 2018 anything one doesn't like is "soy".

Fag and cuck lost aren't cool with normalfags anymore, give it another 3 years for normalfags to run soy into the ground

soyboy

shut up soyboy

>soyboy projecting his insecurities

shut up you goddamn peice of shit soyfag

soy

Another autistic thread.

The fact that this deviates so far from the soyboy mentality is humorous. The soyboy doesn't think about privacy, he thinks about how SUPER COOL his new corporate-made wiretap is, while he ironically says "Alexa, take a selfie with me"

>Thinkpad
>Not Macbooks or whatever shitty PC brand is at the top of the Amazon best-selling list because researching is hard
>debian/linux
>not OSX or Win10 with no telemetry disabled
>LEDE
>not whatever crap the guy that installed their internet connection gave them
>Sup Forums
>not any reddit
>noscript/ublock
>not either full of ads or still using ABP with the whitelist of ads that paid to get through turned on
>dnscrypt/tails/https
>not a complete lack of privacy concern because the corporations are on our side against EVIL DRUMPF
>icecat
>not chrome because that's what everyone uses
>stallman
>not jobs or cook because they make the cool presentations that tell them what to buy

0/10 no effort put into fitting the things you don't like with the proper negative group

>no qubes
>no gentoo
>no freebsd

>i-it's open source!
>free as im freedom
>hold on while i tweak this script and install some obscure utility to get my wifi card working
>there are competent linux alternatives to photoshop and visual studio
>games can work through wine
>you can always dual boot for games
>have you heard of Manlee RC 4.51 puts windows to shame

Soyboys have gaming laptops, usually. So Alienware or MSI. Maybe Dell. Soyboys aren't regular trendy people. I see them as the opposition to the people who use Apple's laptops. They're the ones fueling the PC vs Mac debate on the PC side.

>games

Cuts out all of the layered on bullshit, normie memes, and spying due to normie fear.

>but, effort

Dont care.

those are the things I find ok actually, the linux soyboys are the ones obsessed with ricing (full minimalism + anime girl bg), fucking vim/emacs instead of using IDEs, meme gentoo and calling everyone else a soyboy

are they ?

Youre a fucken idiot

Because we care about freedom?

/thread
Also, a friendly reminder that the currently relevant buzzword "soyboy" became popular for the same reason "selling like hot cakes" did. Another friendly reminder and a request to report this abomination of a thread.

Yes, let's downvote this thread friend we can't tolerate this

>I don't know how the soy meme works
Seriously, this is one of the worst forced memes.

Stop calling everything soy, and stop thinking that replying to this comment with "T. Soyboy" is a legitimate argument. ThinkPads are virgin linux Sup Forums machines while MacBooks are soyboy machines. Soyboys arent skilled in tech and value Looks over Efficiency, while Sup Forums is the opposite. Get back to >>>/reddit/

>MacBooks are soyboy machines
No. Those are just regular trendy people machines. Soyboys use gaming laptops.

There's nothing about soyboy in the image you posted OP.

It's pretty much being technologically redpilled.

Literal soyboy here
I have to jackoff later everytime I talk to pretty women, pretty sure I still have enough testosterone

Soyposting belongs on Sup Forums.

T.soyboy

In the vain hope that OP is an ignorant user, I will answer the IBM ThinkPad bit.

When Linux was young, hardware support was crap. Imagine with laptops, where the hardware was pretty much fixed and you couldn't possibly replace a part to get out of a botched install.

ThinkPad was among the first laptops which supported Linux out of the box, thus making Linuxants jizz their pants.

Ofcourse now with modern hardware and distros that need to have a ThinkPad is more historic than anything, and also tells you something about the head attire this individuals' friends wear.

Why are windows users like this?

>t. soiiboii

Nice damage control, cuc... I meant, soyboy.

>42 posts
>31 mentions of soy
jebus, how far can this shit go?

I can't keep up with these anymore.

Missing Tesla in the pic

>stop calling everything soy
>MacBooks are soyboy machines
>Soyboys arent skilled in tech
>Autism is a developmental disorder characterized by troubles with social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior.

What is soy like? As a Nintendo switch haver I'm obliged to have some

Are Sup Forumsentoomen not impressed with the Nintendo Switch? The Tegra chip is really something. I have been blown away by the DOOM port released on switch. Obviously it pails in comparison to a decent gaymen PC, however a FPS shooter of that caliber released on a portable console boggles my mind.

The words of a true soygoy.

t. nu-soycucklets

lold sheeskin pajeets stole the Sup Forums meme

Why is Bitcoin there?

Arch and hello worlds on C and Haskell are soyboy. Apple is soyboy. Nintendo is soyboy.

The other Distros are strictly for workstations or severs or other specific devices.

Linux user were neckbear before the internet even existed. Nu-male copied them thinking looking intelligent will make them intelligent but instead everyone now think that neckbeard are dumbfucks.

Why are Windows users like this?

Bitcoin is fag level

>1200x800
Thanks for the new pape

This should really be for the idiots that use Linux just to be different. Ubuntu instead of Debian, some other brand instead of Thinkpad, Chrome instead of Ice Cat, et cetera. Can't tell you how many kids I've come across that use Ubuntu for schoolwork but are too afraid to use the terminal cause they might "mess something up".

>posting this garbage soymeme 24/7
why is Sup Forums like this?

t. salty, poor, brainlet nocoiner

it’s literally free money if you know what you are doing

>everything somebody else likes is soy
fixed

>"free" money

>775% returns over the last year

yes free money

>)
lel that just defines how jewish these fucking criminals are. he teamed up with gaby coleman who is the jew spy that infiltrated anonymous as well as glenn greenwald

Why not use whatever just work for you ? Instead of making a reddit tier thread.

>if i had bought bitcoins when they were a dollar i'd have hundreds of millions of dollars!
>if i had bought that penny stock when it was pennies i'd have hundreds of millions of dollars!
>if only i had invented facebook i'd have hundreds of millions of dollars
>it's all just free money, as long as you can travel through time
Congratulations to anyone with the foresight to buy 10,000 bitcoins when they were a dollar, but it's not really free money.
>if only i could short bitcoin before the inevitable collapse after all the retarded hype and people trying to mine in their homes on GPUs realize they were eight years too late to even hope to get one coin
hmmm, nevermind, actually it is free money. Everyone on the bitcoin bubble-imean-train, CHOO CHOO let's pump those prices up friends!

I can't get dnscrypt to work, help me Sup Forums.

Because PRISM, you fucking nigger.

assuming you are not poor and have some money to invest, yes, it pretty much is free money. shit, you could have bought at around $6k at the beginning of the month and sold last week to double your money. That's 100% returns in 14 days try replicating that in the normie markets. I'll never understand why Sup Forums in general is so against digital currencies. It's interesting TECHNOLOGY and you can make good money

why do you care so much about us? do you have nothing better to do?

>"""""""money"""""""
Tell me the practical uses for bitcoin. Buying drugs off the deep web doesn't count.

MSPaint shitposting is so fucking lazy.

crypto in general is a nice addition to a portfolio of traditional assets. High risk, high reward indeed and I wouldn't advise going all in but there is money to be made. blockchain technology itself will be revolutionary once it reaches maturity and the blockchain was born of bitcoin.

Because that "linux users" are using linux in laptops with graphical desktops because ideologies, meanwhile genuine linux users work in data-centers using only SSH.

Computers and Linux are tools to get my job done - whether my job is actually writing programs or generating backups. If a tool is non-intuitive and hard to use, it costs me time to learn it... time that could be spent on another tool that is easier to use but may even be slower executing but I can see results and I don't experience frustration from not understanding what the hell this clunky ideology expects me to do or from the feeling that I am wasting lots of time trying to figure out why Sup Forums is obsessed with gentoo.

this guy gets it

Why are Windoodoo users like this?

You can thank pol for that.

Because they're problem avoiders, not problem solvers. They care about their own experience and use half-functional gimmicks to avoid some annoyances that come with using computers and the web, while doing nothing to get rid of the problems.

>Fag and cuck lost aren't cool with normalfags anymore
I can't use the word "faggot" without the thought police coming along and chastising me for it, regardless of context.

Just nuke this godawful board already. How did it get this shit? It wasn't like this 5-7 years ago.

no one cares about "soy" because it isn't rooted in something highly offensive toward a specific group of people, retard
>tfw "retard" is next

viral marketers are paid to shit this place up

shitload of buzzwords that amount to nothing. let me know when crypto can buy groceries and pay bills.

There's little evidence of soy having and effect on testosterone levels. Chicken, however, is like snipping your balls off. Explains the whole fatty/neckbeard/ tendies connection.

fpbp

Aww! Mothers precious wants his tendies.

>Aww! Mothers precious wants his tendies.

why do pajeets keep making these ad hominem threads? don't you have a street to shit on?

Source on chicken claim?

>ThinkPads are virgin linux Sup Forums machines
Stop. I don't want this spreading. People will be able to spot me in public.

>"Hey! You're on a thinkpad. What's up, Sup Forumsoon?"

Google. Chicken is loaded with hormones and has been attributed to early puberty in girls and tits on boys.

Fuck off ad block blocker shill

>mommy tell the internet man to stop using words and concepts I don't understand

Estrogen to make chicken breasts grow big also makes human breasts grow big, and humans to become more feminine (is the argument).

Chicken's probably the most popular meat among athletes and bodybuilders though.

I think it's just general autism. They often make stupid decisions for good immediate reasons, because they never think further ahead than that.

>mommy look at all of my imaginary money

>imaginary
the state of you nocoiners is truly pathetic