NOTM is their worst album plagued by filler content such as nonsensical lyrics and annoying bork samples spammed to...

NOTM is their worst album plagued by filler content such as nonsensical lyrics and annoying bork samples spammed to hell. The lyrical content is solely based on the whole idea of being abstract and special snowtwink but all it does is become a cheap gimmick for lazy song writing. because of how every verse is supposed to be interpreted as anything it feels like nothing and become off kelter at times especially in the over repetitive refrains, choruses, bridge which are usually just song titles repeated 32x. Notm sounds the weakest instrumentally out of all of their albums while vdrumming samples might be technical it really does nothing different besides make some of the most overwhelmingly annoying ass bork banter that just get repetitive as its stretched out and used in every song it also sounds like Andy had the least amount of work on this album instrumentally in their whole discography. If you want to listen to a solid glitchhop album from them that does a significant job at presenting an experimental sound then listen to Government Plates again and again and again otherwise skip this filler arc.

ok piero

BP > TMS > EM > NLDW > TPTB > GP

The more creative control Andy is given over a project, the better it is

my favorite project of theirs lmao

NLDW>JD>EXMIL>BP>TMS>GOVPL8>NOTM

yes so notm is objectively their worst album

wow did you really take the time to write this?

If you reverse all the signs, this is almost correct.

Why is Centuries of Damn SO FUCKING GOOD?

get it tattooed on your tiny cock bb

Because JD singlehandedly carried TPTB

Much of this post is memery but I generally agree. Instrumentally, it's so dull compared to other Death Grips works. It's basically all fast breaks in the same mishmash for most of the songs, with some hit-and-miss samples. It's harder to get into and enjoy which is why I genuinely wonder why so many people here prefer it over the more accessible and dynamic Jenny Death. Ride's vocal performance on NOTM is pretty fucking good though, I'll say.

I've always wondered, what does the trash can mean?

ITT: Pleb Alert

I'd even go so far as to say that NOTM, GP, JD and BP are their ONLY great albums (in that order).

I mean, all their other shit is so dull and boring, you might as well be listening to Charli's "Vroom Vroom" EP.

>Ride's vocal performance on NOTM is pretty fucking good though, I'll say.
yeah it dope

the vdrum/sampling gets more interesting if you have the ability to parse it some. i got a lot more into it after writing some drum machine music for someoone which had a lot of 32nd note sutff. after having spent some time in that kind of zone, i got a lot more out of it. and its interesting for being a challenge to what kind of ideas can make good, bumpin music

How is he so fucking good, Sup Forums?

i think it means he's getting the tattoo but doesnt want his boyfriends to know where it came from

this is how the typical notmfag actually thinks

this is the weirdest thing ive read all day

this

What a bizarre thread this is

About time someone who isn't a retarded underage parrot starts a DG thread on Sup Forums

JD>TMS=NLDW=EXMIL=GP>BP>NOTM
Big Dipper is dope though

His vocal delivery in notm is nothing special or significantly better than in the other albums where it makes up for the spammed lyrical content and frustrating bork samples

You're the fucking pleb NLDW is a great album which was intended to be their most original sound

can't even handle this much edge.
yeah. getting a sad cum tattoo and sucking it off with my own mouth when it dries. thanks

im a
BIG FILLER
im a
BIG FILLER

None of that shit matters
It sounds good

You can google breakbeat and literally find dozens of instrumentals that outdo notm's in almost everyway

if youre googling break beats you are doing it wrong.

>tfw notm was my gateway to death grips

The whole point is that notm gets btfo'd instrumentally by some of the more generic breakbeats you'd find by googling.

same, while I did hear some songs off their previous albums prior, NOTM was what really hooked me

yes thats your point, which is a: wrong and b: missing the point of notm

if youre on a tendies break, post your generic shit m8 so i can fight you in not real life

I'm a
FUCKING DOWNER
I'm a
BULLSHITTER

HAVE A SAD CUM BBY

up my sleeves is something else

>a:wrong
How is notm not weak instrumentally can you please explain other than saying im wrong.

>b:missing the point of notm
I already explained the point of notm in my explaination on why its the worst dg album which is just abstract art that uses interpretation as its gimmick or am I not an enlightened twink like you yet who knows the true secret meaning to this album

This was a good post

Yeah because he definitely explained on anything other than he's 12

its not abstract art m8, its a mass of barely digestible micro rhythms dropped into the place of the riddim section. its about the limits of musicality and structure and what comes after. how in any sense of the word can you even type the word "weak instrumentality"? its just not the instrumentality you wanted.
im assuming your greasy tendie fingers are slipping all over the keyboard preventing you from posting your killer generic beats?

The lyrical content is definitely trying to be abstract.
>tendies break
>tendie fingers
Again please try to actually explain on something other than being 12

everything you've listed is exactly why it's dope

swing and miss.
again, please dont wipe your fingers on your shirt
mommas works hard keeping them clean

Go back to /reddit9k/

ITT: a pleb that hates Death Grip's best album
Don't worry man, i hated it for some time too. One day you'll get it

>bitches about instrumentality
>rebuts with lyrics
>lol rebuts with le 12 yr old redditor maymay
>probably unsheathes katana next
>pokes tendies with katana
>le long fork!
>triumphs internally

>jenny death better than ex military
The fuck is wrong with you?

On GP is their second best song from No Love

please, respect lucifer's opinion

>skip this filler arc
What did he mean by this?

Does anyone else think NOTM would be better if it was exactly the same except performed on a standard drum kit? Would be a true archeofuturist manifesto IMO.

That would be interesting. I'd pay to see that happening

that + money store = bp bb

I really think it is the way foreward.

NOTM is of course a very impressionistic record, an assault of hypersexual digital noise, and Ride's own disorientation and revolt against this. But in a way, it would be even more interesting to see an expressionist cleansing of the rot, lancing the boil of modernity while the crazed tribal drums roll in the background.

I really think this neo-primitive/archeology after the eschaton sound will be showing up, I predict that Jon Hassell's "fourth world music" will make a resurgence among modern popular musicians, I already see ideas especially from someone like Daniel Lopatin, who very much makes hypermodern and digital music with an archaic bent, pointing towards this.

babby's first DG fucking CONFIRMED

seriously Venetian Snares worst album is better than this

No, VS' music is too clinical and sterile, even his analog work. This being performed entirely by hand gives it its unique character.

care to elaborate?

>ugly eskimo peasant
>hypersexual

tying to sleep
lisen to the flac hot head - hear th kit olaying burts - but only in bursts

>flac

>This meme where NOTM is bad

Not even fucking close

NOTM
BP
GP
ExMil
TMS = NLDW
JD

more like their only good album.
at least the mixtape was good.

all these opinions haha right guys

let's all point at the contrarian everyone

Why would tms ever equal nldw, this isn't contrarian its just retarded

>liking pop shit
unless you meant that NLDW is better than TMS.

Why is ExMil so low?

>Why would tms ever equal nldw
take a look at this indecisive faggot

ExMil
NOTM

Power gap
NLDW
GP

HUGE POWER GAP
TMS

SUPER HUGE POWER GAP
Fashion Week

It's fucking shit gap
BP
JD

No I meant that they're two completely different sounding albums

This is even worse

NLDW is their best album and you're a fucking pleb if you think otherwise

>my favorite album is their best album and you're a pleb if you don't agree with my opinion
this fucking meme, every time

They said it themselves that it's their intended original sound.

I really liked NOTM. the bjork samples sounded great to me and i preferred the overall sound to JD, i think JD had some great tracks but also had some of their worst songs ever

>Contrarian
>NotM is commonly placed as their best

>Thinking I hate the others albums just because they aren't #1

NotM - 10
BP - 9
GP - 9
Exmil - 8.5
TMS - 8
NLDW - 8
JD - 6.5

>but also some of their worst songs ever
Then what is billy not really and big dipper

personally id say
TMS>NLDW>BP>NOTM>>GP>ExMil>>>>>JD>>>>>>>>>>Fashion Week

this is what literally everyone here assumes though
>hurr notm is at the bottom of his list so he obviously must think it's a shit album

What were their worst tracks on JD?

personally

NOTM - 6.5
ExMil - 7
TMS - 2
NLDW - 3
BP - 1
FW - 1
JD - 3
GP - 4
EP - 5

>GP - 4
kys my man
Notmfags are truly just underaged rym drones

for me, i couldnt get into centuries of damn, pss pss, why a bitch gotta lie, or beyond alive. however inanimate sensation, the power that b, and on gp are all amazing dg songs but the others i named are some of my least favorite DG ever. I can see how people would prefer JD to NOTM but i enjoy the bjork samples and vdrumming aesthetic of notm more

PSS PSS IS ONE OF THE BEST TRACKS ON JD WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LISTENING TO

>getting angry over Death Grips opinions

Although I disagree with almost everything you said (I like nonsense a lot), there should definitely be more people like you on Sup Forums. Music is meant to be discussed, interpreted and criticized. It's a universal language. Basically all you see on this board is rankings, reaction images expressing disgust, memes, personal topics. A rampant circlejerk of people who start to feel insecure when their favorite music doesn't get enough love. Who will want to exorcise you for putting their favorite Anal Cunt album on the bottom of their list.

DOESN'T IT FEEL GOOD TO DRIVE A BUS?

I FUCKING HATE RAP MUSIC
No I'm not trying to sound cool or hipsterish, it's because everywhere I go, everywhere I look there is some dumb black dude listening to RAP in his beats
IT ALL SOUNDS THE FUCKING SAME
THE FUXKING SAME
SAME FUCKING MARRACA BEAT
SAME CYMBOLS IN THE BACKGROUND
SAME LYRICS, YOU COULD SWAP THE FUCKING LYRICS AND NOT ONE WOULD FUCKING CARE THE DIFFERENCE
ITS ALL THE FUXKING SAME
AND THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF THESE SAMEASS SONGS ON THEIR PHONES (either that or they listen to the same song hours on end)
LIKE, ARE BLACK PEOPLE AND WIGGERS PROGRAMMED IN THEIR MIND TO LIKE THE SAME CARBON COPY MUSIC?
THESE SAMEASS FUCKASSES ONLY LISTEN TO THESE SONGS BECAUSE THEIR IDIOT HIVEMIND FRIENDS LISTEN TO IT
IT SUCKS. I HATE IT. I WANT TO MURDER THE PRODUCERS

JD>TMS>NLDW>GP>BP>EXMIL>NOTM>stomping on a cactus>FW
t b h

why a bitch gotta lie is probably my favorite from JD, love that pissed off hardcore riffing and the drums

wew

i think the riffing is what makes me dislike it, however i like some of the riffs of BP a good amount. on the contrary i think Billy Not Really is one of my favorite death grips instrumentals, as are most of the songs off notm.

Except then it would be ranking them from worst to best...

Wow you have shit taste then pleb

Swap NLDW and TPTB and you got it, friendo

also your list is almost the exact same as mine only jd and notm swapped

i love the bjork samples, dont hate

I generally liked JD more than the other albums because of that punk as fuck attitude, similar to TMS but more drawn out with the usage of a guitar and zach hill's drumming rather than synths.

Yes
JD is their second best album

i think i liked how they used this influence moreso on BP, i think it was a little too much for me at some parts in JD but i can still appreciate it. However i think the notm production is also amazing

tms>notm>bp>gp>jd>ex>nldw

True patrician taste