Why hasn't England created any good music in the last 25 years? They did so well from the 60's through the 80's

Why hasn't England created any good music in the last 25 years? They did so well from the 60's through the 80's.

Why hasn't the US created any good music at all?

maybe look into dance/electronic music lol

>Why hasn't England created any good music in the last 25 years?

I mean rock music maybe, but aside from that, you're completely wrong.

you mean the music Detroit and Chicago were making 30 years ago? Why are you guys so hung up on that

England isn't as nearly as depressing as it was in the 70s-80s. Urban decay isn't nearly as bad

Why do you enjoy being contrarians that don't actually believe in the stuff you shitpost?

???

Why is the greatest album of all time from the US?

not all dance music is house and techno, lol. but besides, there are several subgenres of techno indigenous to the uk. try again.

Yeah man, thanks for the wonderful gift of dubstep. What a wonderful music culture you guys have.

What is he holding?

>radiohead
>not good
Gr8 b8 m8

Transformers 3 tier.

wew, nice cherrypicking. but yeah, if you've ever been in bristol at the club on a dubstep night it's really quite "wonderful."

Why did you post an album that's 31 years old

Britain is in a really lousy period at the moment.

Most of our big bands were created in the early 90s goldrush. Since then very few people have taken hold and there hasn't been any main stream cultural movements.

Television and Radio losing market share to the internet has probably kept things like this. But then for a savy mogul shouldn't be a problem, it should be an opportunity.

Another explanation could be the divisions the country has gone through, Scottish devolution, EDL, Muslim fundamentalism, UKIP Brexit. All these things are fragmenting people into personal political groups and I suspect makes it harder for bands to sweep up large groups of people.

And the loss of the music press, it's all on-line, but where?

It doesn't seem to have stopped America, QOTSA, Lana, Taylor, Annie, FJM, War on Drugs, and all the hundreds of 70s style rock bands.

This isn't happening in the UK that I can hear. When I put on the radio the new bands the young DJs holler about excitedly are really a bit naff, or obviously just out of college.

That a band like The 1975 manages to sell well is quite miraculous, but despite their sales figures probably not like a young blur or Oasis or young Rolling Stones.

The girls did that one.

Where is the future? and it keeps on not happening.

UK dubstep was a completely different entity from modern american dubstep, tardo

Yes?

actual dubstep was great. Don't get that mixed up with the likes of skrillex

Then there is yet another explanation