I work for a Best Buy. I'll be brutally honest about anything asked (so long as it doesn't reveal personal info)

I work for a Best Buy. I'll be brutally honest about anything asked (so long as it doesn't reveal personal info).

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TCL-49S405-49-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MTGM5I9?th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm trying to convince my mom to buy a new TV the one she has in her room is like a less than 40 inch 1080p from long time ago

A few months ago I saw a >40 inch 4K TV refurbished on Best Buy for a pretty lucrative price.

How big are the quality differences between TVs as in how much research do I really need to do and is Best Buy refurbished a good option for me to suggest.

In order from good to best you have 4k, 4k with HDR, and 4k HDR with a backlit screen. Sony is the best and never buy a vizio.

As for open box/refurbished, all TV's are checked before getting resold. If you get an "Exellent Certified" you'd never be able to tell it was used if we didn't tell you. It's a good way to save a little money.

Hows the work?

How often to black people come in for a "tune up" on their computers?

All in all, pretty fun. It's a non-commission job so a little less pressure but you are always getting bitched at about credit cards, Geek Squad Protection, and shit, but the goals are low enough a retard could hit them. It is fun as long as you know how to deal with asshole customers, and usually if someone is being unreasonable the managers have your back. This depends on the store you are at though.

That's pretty much what I thought, but it's interesting to hear what you had to say about Vizio I knew there were a overseas manufacturer but we've had a TV from them since 1080p was a new thing and it's been indestructible.

I'll definitely check out Sony, but just out of curiosity what would you say are mid-tier?

Mostly it's the same shit black or white.
>buy shit $200 laptop
>get pissed it doesnt work like a $1000 computer
>breaks in 6 months
>did not get the geek squad protection
>"this is why amazon is putting you out of business. You don't stand behind your products"

ok cool. I'm asking cuz there is one sorta near where I live, and I was considering working there at least for a while. But I've never known anyone else who worked in one to tel me how it's like.

Vizios don't call their TV's TV's anymore. they are "Home theater Displays"
They cut out the tuner and instead of having smart features they have chromecast.

In terms of mid-teir I like the lg's and also some of the chink brands. Hisense is going to be really some good shit soon. (Just did my elearnings on the ULED) so I'd look for those as well

Have your GPUs been sold out, and if so was it all bought by only a few people (

It's a cool place to work. You get a wicked discount, which I could break down exactly how that works if interested, and if you're not a lying cunt or you'll get really nice return customers and shit in no time. If you really know your shit you can get promoted pretty quick.

Is the Essential Phone worth it? What’s the best price I can get on one?

Usually yes. In my area we have a huge crypto scene. In store we set a limit of 2 per person (so we don't fuck over SLI users) but it's not a corperate policy and the online limit is really easy to get around. Really pisses us PC gamers off, since i've helped many father/son duos plan a PC build since I've been there.

When do your Last-Gen phones usually go on sale?
Black Friday?
Ex: S6 when S7 has been out for a year and S8 would be announced the two years from the S6's release.

Also do you price match Costco?

With the price drop it's a good mid-tier phone. Haven't seen a lot of returns/open boxes so people are keeping them. Ive seen them go for $150 off at Best Buy, but we price match a ton of places, and if you ask an associate we have a system that let's us price match for you.

How that discount work mate? You have captured my curiosity. I was also neverone to lie to employers so i'd say im safe on that front. If I work with the computers I could do fine (since your average customer doesn't know shit about pc's I dont have to go into super complex details with them)

Ha! Thanks a ton it's exactly the sort of information that I was looking for.

Basically, ill look in this order, Sony, lg, hisense (do research), chink (do research).

Best time to buy a prev gen phone is going to be right before a big announcement. The s9 is going to be announced soon (yes ive seen one in person) so when they announce the keynote everyone is waiting for that phone, we will try to clear stock and those phones will be cheap.

How do you like Klipsch speakers user? Are they worth the asking price?

The discount is we pay 10% on top of what Best Buy pays. High markups on accessories so we get them cheap. We also have internal accommodations where a company will give us a TV for half price. Happens with sony all the time. And yes, you will be most successful in PC if you can tie a spec to a benefit for a user. For example I recommend 8gb of ram to most people, but need to explain why or it is just a number.

With speakers, you get what you pay for. Klipsch is expensive, but I've heard them compared to Polk and it's no question. If you take audeo seriously, you are better off paying a little more so you don't need to update as often.

Thanks, even though I got an S7 unlocked for cheap I'll see for a new phone in 4 years.
Godspeed OP.

P.S: Any tips on buying refrigerators at some specific time? Mine has some issues with it.

ok I see, so connect the spec to a benefit for the user, Thank you for that.

So, you'd think memorial day and presidents day would be the best. However, the secret of most sales is that the same sales go on and off throughout the year. This isn't best buy, but an industry wide thing. I've seen black friday prices on a tv, or a memorial day price on a fridge for no fucking reason. Also, if you do buy from Best Buy, if the price drops or you see it cheaper elsewhere in 15 days, come back and get the difference refunded.

That's the big secret to sales. If you can do that you'll literally be one of the best in the store, since most people just regurgitate what they learn from the elearnings and it just confuses the customer or makes then think you're just trying to get more money out of them.

Forgot about Costco. Officially we don't anymore, but it's a per customer basis. If all you're getting is a TV, theres no markup so we won't. However let's say you're looking at the TV, a soundabar, a mount, Protection, and install, we have more margin and therefore may knock money off the TV.

Do you have any lewd stories from work? Like fucking a qt coworker or masturbating into a Bluray case?

There's a couple nip slips captured on the AP's cameras, and there was the time I walked into the bathroom (at a club outside of work) and there were 2 employees fucking. Other than that I haven't really done anything myself. Most of the girls at my store aren't too attractive, or they're underaged.

Actually shit. I do have one I did. One day we went around borrowing the phones of a few good looking women there and using the cellphone transferring device to get all of the nudes off.
>inb4 being asked to post nudes

post nudes on b

I hate when corporations shit up Sup Forums with advertising. Fuck you OP. Fuck you. Fuck Best Buy. Fuck this advertisement half assed disguised as a legitimate thread. This thread and OP's ugly ass corporate logo pic need to fuck off back to red dot.

I just helped my dad buy a TV at bestbuy a month ago. Was able to get a 4K HDR 49" for ~350 new. Just checked amazon and it looks like it's even cheaper there; can even get a 55" for $370. The roku interface isn't my favorite but the price really can't be beat and the picture quality is pretty great for a budget TV.
amazon.com/TCL-49S405-49-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MTGM5I9?th=1

Hey faggot. I didn't ask you to click the thread. Could have skipped over it but you have to ree like an autist because you saw a thread that didn't interest you.

Swallow some bleach like you did your father's cum.

he might need some ointment after that burn

Why did best buy raise prices on GPUs aren't they first party retailers or some shit?

Also do you guys make commission from sales like laptops, tvs, and video games?

honestly i love best buy but i hate dealing with returns and your gift card policies

Why won't you faggots accept my PO box as a valid shipping address? Literally everbody else from amazon to ebay to the japs overseas where I buy my big titty anime figures have no problem doing so and yet you niggers won't. I don't want the ups guy leaving my packages out in the open outside my front door.

Best Buy hasn't been commission for like 30 years. No matter what you sell or how much. We do bonus based on how good the store does though.

Also as for the GPU price hike, I fucking hate it. I guess it was an attempt to stop resellers, but it just hurts honest buyers since the resellers don't give a shit.

I've had tons of shit sent to people's PO box with no problem. The only time our system won't accept a PO box is for a credit card application. Maybe in store is different online though?

The return period is short in my opinion. What about the gift card policies do you hate?

Best Buy phones employee here, ama.

You can even ask me how close to suicide I'm at.

how often do you tip off the feds on stuff you find riffling through people's computers and how much do they pay you?

>Filthy Blue Shirts
Geek Squad Represent.

You mean warranty call center and old lady assistant.

So idk about other stores but I get one about once a year.

So the last time we did it, dude got upset that he lost his data during resetting Windows. We did a data recovery and got around 3000 CP images. Called the cops, and the cop that showed up looked at the first like 20 images and said it was fine.

Literally Dick in underage Vagina... preteen girls in lingerie crying sitting on beds. Some of it was pretty disturbing. But we gave it back to him because the Cop said it was 'ok'.