youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=agkn0NybXUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CnKfC8wQACg
youtube.com/watch?v=62UEgu4ujT4
vimeo.com/32743988
youtube.com/watch?v=BmIgqpcItdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=orR8uHBYaMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is it that anytime I see AC perform anything they suck this bad?

because they suck

>Stephen Colbert introducing an Animal Collective performance

It's like my own personal hell.

I saw them live a couple days before this performance and I'm not gonna lie, they weren't great, but they also weren't this bad, Christ. What happened?

DUDE EXPERIMENTAL LMAO

who's the fourth guy where's deaky?

1) I unapologetically love AnoCo.
2) I don't think PW is bad. It's not great, but it's not bad.
3) I think they can be a really great live band.

That being said...

That was fucking painful to watch. They look misreable.

Looks like Jeremy Hyman to me. Same guy from Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks.

>Why the hell won't Warp sign us already: The Band

i swear they use to be really good

holy fuck that was awful

wow

i don't think i can listen to them any more

I think it was good considering the nature of the music they make, its difficult to replicate live. I think the output levels were all over the place though, some things came out too soft and others too loud, and neither dudes looked really enthusiastic about the singing. weird

Did they fuck?

yeah, back when anco was GOOD live

youtu.be/yqQ7tU26Q6E

JUST

>tfw you realize Deak was the creative genius and charisma behind the band

Sleep Cycle makes me excited for a full length Deakin project

Jesus... They all look so tired. They should stop. I love them but it's over.

That wasn't even that bad of a performance. It'd be better if they didn't try to do all the goofy stuff with their voice and Panda's falsetto sounded like shit but they have some killer live performances. Just listen to Daily Routine live.

They aren't done, and why should they be? They aren't even 40 for god's sake

>They aren't even 40 for god's sake

There are only so many Thom Yorkes in the world that can stay relevant for 15+ years

I was at the second night for the DC shows, and Avey went out his way to kinda groan about having to play on TV. I just don't think anyone of them were very psyched and they look exhausted

AnCo has managed to stay relevant thus far, and don't show signs of breaking up or anything. Relevancy doesn't matter anyways as long as they're still making music

I posted in your thread hustla

getting paid to play on tv, what a hard life :(

why are you nerds so judgemental?

:') thanks player

Do you think Colbert browses Sup Forums?

One of his favorate albums is ITAOTS.

youtube.com/watch?v=MBFnjNOPoHM

That this was good

In DC during floridada there was a straight up mosh that got super intense.
This performance on Colbert was p good considering it was tv. Avey screams Incrediblé

I don't see what's so bad about this. I mean other than Avey fucking the chorus up a bit it's a perfectly average performance.

>the drummer

Oh shit, is deak getting replaced?

Zach Hill

at least it isn't john oliver

Are animal collective the worst live band ever? Imagine how many people who have no idea who these guys are at home cringing at this, sad.

Do they intentionally try to sound as literally retarded as possible when they sing ? It's grating to listen to.

what?
more like replacing panda bear

>that guy is still triggering people

I mean come on!

They were great on the Centipede Hz tour even though it was their worst album to date.

>this performance will turn a lot of people off from their superior studio work
Ya fucked up guys

No, Anco has a pretty open lineup and deak was absent for awhile, rejoined and recorded CHz, then left again, I think to record Sleep Cycle, but he's still "in the band" even though he didn't do any recording or touring on painting with.

I think they only added this drummer so Panda could work on the synths

They're hit or miss live, a lot of their performances are great

IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR, COME ON

>tfw Panda has one of the GOAT talk show performances
youtube.com/watch?v=_gp8XEjfuv0

>having a biological need to partake in the cringe meme

Stop. No one cringes anywhere ever. Cringing isn't real

>you will never scream on live television.

Stay mad Sup Forums

LMFAO @ the confused fat body audience

>Cringing isn't real

nah your post definitely made me cringe, kys

It certainly is, OP

I miss the Colbert report, is his new show any good?

Embarrassing. I think reddit might appreciate your meme

bad news for you buddy you don't experience life the way normal people do

autismspeaks.org

i watched all of it to see the performance and its fucking awful

It's pretty good. Follows a really similar format in the beginning. Then it's the typical late night talk show interviews. I enjoy it, but I'd rather watch Fallon or Conan. Seth Meyers at this point is objectively the worst though.

Honestly, no bait intended, FloriDada is the first AnCo song I've actually enjoyed. I've listened to Strawberry Jam and MPP a few times but never have they stuck with me.
Painting With was really enjoyable for me.

Came here for this

Was at 2 shows, one during the ChZ tour and one last week. Both were really good, however I will admit there are PLENTY of videos out there of some shitty sounding live performances. This tour they do a fucking beautiful rework of loch raven, and fucking alvin row too. Bees is fucking amazing as well, but Daily routine might have been my fav. All the Painting With songs they played sound alot better live to me, it made me like the album alot more

>
WEW
E
W

yah..... cus ur a pleb

PW is very good but nowhere near as good as MPP or Sj, but to each is own

I saw them wednesday night at 930 and they sounded fantastic.

(Also, from a previous thread I want to let the user know that I wasn't the poo in loo trying to get selfies at that show.)

I liked their goofy voices. I think it's super obvious they don't like being on tv so they kind of just goofed off with this. I liked it + dave's screams

no, completely souless and pandering talk show affair

I miss Colbert Report so much, but it was a show that belonged in the 00s not the 10s

>they don't like being on tv
did you see their performance of today's supernatural? I think it was that song. Like half way through avey put his hands behind his back when hes usually on the synth. It was pretty strange

Jon Stewart was the bigger loss tbqh

I like them both but if he hadn't gotten burnt out he would be having a fucking field day with this election

lol I like it tho

he's butterfly hunting in Cambodia

Are animal collective Jewish by any chance ? Would make a lot of sense to me if they were

>missing the point of Dadaism

avey's half Jewish. I feel like this is going to devolve into something racist

They haven't made a good album together in about 7 years dude.

You might not think so. CHz and PW are both good imo especially CHz

Can we just admit they've become a studio band?

Went through the same shit with Foxygen.

there's nothing wrong with john oliver, quit being an edgy reactionist teen

check out the two live albums they just released. pretty good imo

Can we put this "AC sucks live now" meme to rest?

youtube.com/watch?
v=PoaFePSyytQ

This whole entire Painting With era has been cringy as fuck for Animal Collective.

Video unrelated?

man, I really like AC, but they do not translate well to a live setting.

>this fucking meme again

i understand that you're all underage and started listening to this band when CHz came out, but Deak has been on only like half of their albums

I've seen them live a few times and they've always been pretty spectacular. They definitely blew that Colbert performance though, and I wish they'd picked a different track desu, Floridada is so played out. That said, I really enjoyed their Letterman performance some years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=agkn0NybXUQ

I kind of feel like a band is officially old once they start performing with people who aren't official members of the band.

Just fuck my whole entire life up.

fav live anco vids?

youtube.com/watch?v=CnKfC8wQACg

youtube.com/watch?v=62UEgu4ujT4

Yeah, holy shit that was weird.

this post makes no fucking sense
what are you trying to say
using live musicians makes you old? fucking hell

Came to Sup Forums just for this today, knew it would be here

Seriously, though, no reason to call underage. Look at the albums that deak has had influence on. Campfire Songs, Feels, HCTI, and CHz.

3 of those are in within AnCo's best and one of them is decent.

vimeo.com/32743988

youtube.com/watch?v=BmIgqpcItdQ

There was a time when they were the greatest band on the planet.

Campfire Songs and HCtI are surely two of their best, but Feels and CHz are their worst besides PW. i also challenge you to show me exactly where Deak's influence uniquely drove either of the good ones.

Yeah 'cause no one really does that when they're young. It's never really that calculated. It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say without sounding too abstract.

>Feels and CHz are their worst besides PW
i am going to fucking puke. i am going to projectile vomit everywhere. someone get me a fucking bucket because i am about to make chunky

>muh really trite indie folk garbage album and muh lel so quirky pop are being insulted
>omg i can't i can't even i'm gonna puke omg someone get me back to tumblr i can't even

I could understand the hate for CHz and PW, but Feels is a masterpiece m8.

honestly getting worried about anco. do you guys think their career is coming to a close? i still have hope that they have at least one more great album in them.

>Feels and CHz are their worst besides PW
I have no idea how anyone could rank that flawless album among those wretches. A lot of the time, I feel like I'm being trolled by people's reaction to Feels. I see nothing but a.) criticism and b.) people calling it overrated. It's one of the most underrated albums of all time. It's like if everyone said Laughing Stock was either Talk Talk's worst or just okay.

you probably have the worst opinions on Animal Collective i have ever seen, and trust me, there are a lot of bad opinions on Animal Collective here
i can't understand how you'd like HCTI and Campfire songs but not like Feels, they're a lot of the same
what do you like about HCTI that you don't like about Feels

i guess context helps the performance

youtube.com/watch?v=orR8uHBYaMk

you're an idiot and I hate you

Why is Colbert so cringe now? He keeps pandering to SJWS is that why his ratings are so low?