Shaving is technology

What do you wizards shave with, if at all?

I use a $4 straight razor from china, but it took me many trys to finally get it sharp. Now I get smooth shaves and the only cost is like $1/month for shaving soap.

Merkur 23C. One of my better purchases.
Still only a little more than halfway through my first pack of 100 blades after a couple years.

>I use a $4 straight razor from china
where did you buy it from?

I go through the masochistic pain of shaving my 2 month face pubes with a Gillette.

Aliexpress, but they can also be found on ebay.
There is a lot of junk on there, basically the only useful ones are "Gold Dollar 66" (there is also 600, 208 and some others, but 66 is the cheapest and the blade is basically the same). Thing is, most vendors don't call them by their name, but only write "straight razor", so you'll have to look up some pictures on how they look (black handle etc) and the browse aliexpress for a few minutes to find a cheap offer.
The hard part is getting it sharp, since the factory honing doesn't even deserve that name, but there is a lot of info on how to hone gold dollars out there.

How much difficult / different is to shave with something like that instead of a Gillette? I want to stop throwing money to baguettes.

I got one of the cheaper Edwin Jagger safety razors, and my favourite blades are Feather.

A Merkur using Japanese Feather blades folded over 1000 times

Pretty easy, just got to get used to using the weight of the razor to do the shaving instead of pressing it down like you would with those 5+ blade monstrosities

This, it's pretty fucking comfy. Bought a shitton of shaving soap and blades and haven't had to go buy more for over a year.

A Feather Doubleedge from japan and astra platinum blades. I also got feather blades, which are, sadly, too sharp for me.
For contouring I use a cheap shavette from amazon, with my astra blades.

So, what's the difference between those expensive branded safety razor and something like pic related? I remember using this way back and it's only made of plastic.

A bic razor i don't fucking care a razor is a razor you dumb autist

Electric razor from Grundig
Works well

do you use this to get a clean shave? electric razors always leave me with stubble, and in some spots it seems to cut more or less, so I get a weird patchy look. Am I missing something?

Keep wrist locked so you don't "Scoop". And pay attention, I was distracted by something and took out a nice little patch of skin on the side of my nose the about the the surface area of a dime. Took weeks for the scab to fall off. Other than that, they are fantastic. Get feather blades when you get good, start with the merkur blades it comes with. Get a good shaving soap as well, I use Edwin Jagger Sandalwood. 12 bucks a puck but its lasts forever.

I never shave, is that weird to you?

Depends, are u a girl?

Are you sysadmin?

ive only shaved once in the past year

weight
control

Soyboy detected

How do I get rid of moustache redness? I think it's due to hairs, because after ripping out a few strands the area there seemed to not be as red after. I'm not sure if I should continue with ripping more hairs out.

what the hell does soyboy mean?

Pretty clean

Not even meming but pic related is all I use.

Might as well use an xacto knife.

philips one blade
I was sceptical at first as I had to learn to use it properly but I like it now and it werks super well

Can you shave your armpits with those?
(It's not comfortable being hairy there)

>cheap china razor

Yeah, of course you manage to get it """sharp""" because it has soft steel. These razors are easy to hone and they'll lose their bevel just as easily. My razors keep their bevel for years. I only use them every other week though, I have 5 razors that I use in rotation.

You obviously don't know jackshit about razors, which is fine, but please do a bit of research.

Pic related + Feather, everything else is stupid

Pretty sure I have the same german razer and still have a box of 100 blades from years ago. Are you me?

Lmao but seriously though this baby has been shaving my face for a year now, blade area is 1½" long which more than enough for shaving.

It can be improved however, current fine diamond sharpener is only 25 micron (800 grit). extra fine is 9 micro (1,800 grit) and extra extra fine is 3 micron (8,000 grit). Extra fine might be worth it but not sure about extra extra fine...

No reason why not. Contrary to popular belief its actually quite difficult to cut yourself with one if you're not an idiot

My setup.

I had a variety pack of blades and everything else just irritated the fuck out of my skin. The feather blades were smooth af. Bought like $100 worth 4 years ago and I still havent run out.

Cassette razors. Anything less than 3 blades destroys my face by the time I achieve the shave that I find acceptable(don't feel anything left even if I press my skin) - it requires many, many shaves against the grain with minimal pressure. Safety razor for body hair.

real question is, do you guys risk nicking your sack with your razors? that is the only area I trim, and even then Ive accidentally poked myself and have drawn blood when I first started doing it

When im lazy/in a rush a Merker 23c with feather blades
When i have time my nts solingen straight razor, it has olive wood scales and a full hollow ground carbon steel blade

I use dr. Harris shaving soap and a badger brush regardless.

I used to shave with a butterfly knife in highschool because i wanted to give using a straight razor a shot but read somewhere that Indonesians used to use balisongs.

It worked and i was too cheap to buy an actual straight razor until years later.

safety razor, get a much closer shave on my neck that for some reason multi lade razors cant get.

Merkur Futur. Very aggressive when fully extended, heavy and luxurious. Don't use shaving cream (just hot water in the shower) and I have the perfect shave every day.

Only Personna blades.

I bought these on aliexpress for $10, can't find vintage ones locally at a reasonable price.