Name tech trends that you want undone

Name tech trends that you want undone

Proprietary software.

Why would you want all software to be bad?

Ads. Infinite scrolling.

Patents and copyrights that last more than 4 years.

Name one good proprietary browser.

>Infinite scrolling.
>click video
>want to go back to where you were to click something else
>have to scroll for an hour again

Edge

Firefox Quantum > Chrome/Chromium

How are your webms doing?

Who thought this was a good idea?

>microsoft

the entirety of apple

oh god fucking hate infinite scrolling, is there any way to block/rescript that shit?

The ones that want you staying on their site as long as possible, feeding the user more and more content so that they don't leave.

> as long as possible
if I lose my progress because of your dumb infinite scroll, I'm leaving and not coming back.

The word 'disrupt' being used.
Planned obsolescence.
Subscription based models for software.
UX design being used for marketing purposes.
Faggots in tech being so outwardly socially left wing while sucking the dick of cash money like a greedy whore.

Thinshit

social media

Vivaldi.

electron, javascript, Sup Forums, go

Node.js/Electron
Java/C#
Copyright laws and patents
Political censorship
Forced use of accounts, real names and phone numbers
UI redesigns without an option to use the old one
Settings menus with no settings in them

Smartphones/mobile internet.

What it ever fully explained why Google removed "video responses" once they botnetted YT?

I always thought they had their place....

Removing video responses is quite possibly the only good change they've done.

all the obnoxious web 2.0 bullshit like tying social media in to every single fucking website you can have an account on. my facebook feed doesnt need to know every time i log into steam or upload a shitty youtube video. infinite scrolling needs to go too along with those automatic pop-in windows that appear when you scroll over a video that decides to autoplay because reasons.

one trend that always irked me but isn't a real problem is the names companies come up with these days, they're so... stupid and juvenile sounding i guess. like they're trying to sound cutesy and hip but it looks like a baby's first text document. names like moov, reddit, veeva, foodler or bitly. that's just me nitpicking though.

man this shit right here though. i try to avoid spending a lot of time on facebook and because the news feed just goes on forever and ever, i'll be halfway into next week and i'll click on a link by mistake instead of right click>open in new tab and everything i read will be fucking gone forever the second i hit back because of facebook's shit-eating algorithms.

- Smartphones
- JavaScript/node.js
- Operating systems other than Windows, macOS and Linux
- open source/free software

> Operating systems other than Windows, macOS and Linux
Not trand

FreeBSD and illumos have been getting bigger. SmartOS in particular.

Twitter.

Social Media
Phone number and identity verification for registration
DRM
Censorship, especially RKN (I live in fucking Russia)
All Windows versions newer than 7

Cryptocurrency
Telemetry
Real identity instead of nicknames
Citizens of shithole countries getting affordable internet
Anti-adblocking
Mobile oriented websites
Lack of competition in services. Everyone just uses the number 1 most used service and the number 2 and beyond might as well not exist.

>everything i read will be fucking gone forever the second i hit back because of facebook's shit-eating algorithms.
Twitter has this stupid bullshit too. I have to use it to keep up with Japanese artists who only post their work there and every single time I scroll through the same exact feed I get different results because Twitter will randomly decide for me which art I do and don't want to see instead of just giving me all of it. Fuck.

>browsers are an app
>debuggers are an app
>operating systems are an app
>drivers are an app
>editors are an app
>games are an app
>office software are apps
>terminals are apps
MAKE IT STOP YOU BLOODY NORMALFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the removal of headphone jacks, but the headphone jack comes as an adapter with the phone anyway so whats the fucking point

Also, spyware and proprietary drivers

>apples are fruits
>pears are fruits
>kiwis are fruits
>mangoes are fruits
MAKE IT STOP YOU BLOODY NORMALFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

desktop websites being mobile optimized stretched to fit a bigger screen

Pop ups that once you click on them you can't back out of them

You still don't say "please give me the fruit", you say "please give me an apple"

Edge and Safari > Firefox > '''''chrome/chromium'''' botnet

They are though. To the CPU there's no difference between them.

good

social networking

Adobe suite?
VMWare?

>want to get to footer nav
>have to scroll for 5 minutes
Reeeee

>microbenis shills have to install STORE APPS to enjoy formats that are integral parts of free browsers and free operating systems since more than a decate

Can't even make this shit up brul.

>Can i have some fruit
Sure what would you like
>somethings sweet
Herr have a strawberry
>thanks

I want to undone shitskin pajeets in the western countries
I want to undone pajeets on Sup Forums

>wanting a bloated browser by default

Can't even make this shit up brul.

You still don't say "please open the app", you say "please open facebook"

hai but YouTube started becoming shit around the time reply grills were removed so could be related

He said good

"Gamer culture"

YouTube became shit when Google required Google+ accounts

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL:

16:9 and wider monitors

PC cases with windows

LEDs that serve no useful purpose.

can you explain why you thought it was bad?....not being a dickhead, actually curious.

I can see that if the reply videos were promoted front and center, it would've led to a huge distraction. However it seems like it was mainly a UI issue...they could've had a separate tab for "reply videos" to keep them off main video page.

Look, in the end I'm glad they took them off because I think it would've been a lynchpin in helping bootstrap g+. Also it would've massively grew their facial recognition DB because so many normies who otherwise wouldn't produce vids would feel compelled to reply a la reddit to other videos.
It was a very botnet negative decision.

GPUs with more than 32MB RAM.

video response would be 9001x better than text replies of today. having your face in video means at least you aren't hiding behind a shit nickname.

>PC cases with windows
>LEDs that serve no useful purpose.
should be illegal to sell but not to own. You can have your window, but only if you get out the dremel and put it in yourself. Make it require some effort, not just a credit card.

Curved glass on smart phones. I love not being able to pick my phone up without texting my ex girlfriends.

>STORE APPS
what are browser extensions?

smartphones

what about umatrix? does it have it?

Computers with more than 8MB of memory.

Allowing bloat to creep in was a mistake.

Drug patents are good. Software patents should last 0 years and copyright 4-20.

>like they're trying to sound cutesy and hip but it looks like a baby's first text document. names like moov, reddit, veeva, foodler or bitly. that's just me nitpicking though.
I think it has something to do with domain names all being used up. You need a domain name that is easy to type in, and not easy to forget. Those "cutsy" names, work in that practical sense.

I'd say 64MB was the sweet spot.

The Web.

>Simply project
>Let's use twenty different frameworks because that'll make things "easier"

What the fuck why

With this pic brainlets have officially jumped the shark.

I'll meet you in the middle.

But really the issue is that when computers got more powerful more was demanded of them in terms of resources, but the actual capabilities of them in terms of user-contribution has declined rapidly.

Not forgetting how high the buy-in now is, and how its becoming yet another rate race.

>that font rendering

>frameworks
>responsive design
>rust
>html5
>cloud
>social media
>smartphones

>infinite scrolling
>with footers
i swear facebook did this for a while