What killed the ubuntu mobile OS?

what killed the ubuntu mobile OS?

The jews.

It never had any market share in the first place

It's open source and not developed by a major company so it was a piece of shit

The same thing that killed the other phone operating systems.
>no app support

yep beat me to it
>hello, is this Instagram? Can you please develop an app for our platform? How many units? Well, we show a 100% increase in the last month, so... four
>...hello?

shuttlecock

Looks like WebOS 1.2

Nothing, it's still alive

Canonical

but you cunt use whatsapp

Yeah you can, but you could also use Telegram

nice, is that the android app running on ubuntu os?

Termux and the fact that ARM isn't very useful outside of web browsing and playing angry birds. You ever try to software encode (ffmpeg) even 720p HEVC video on a phone? That's why. Most nerds eventually just settled on Termux anyway.

I was going to buy a Ubuntu phone but they were out of stock. I subscribed to a mailing list which would alert me when more are available, but they never were. Eventually they just cancelled the project and I didn't get mine. I think it's very unlikely that I was the only person on the planet who experienced this, so they lost some sales because of it. I hope it comes back one day, Canonical is so hasty in making big changes.

native

It's as bloated as windows

>Bought the BQ Aquarius A4.5
>Is now a paperweight.

If Microsoft with their Lumias didn't succeed, why would the Ubuntu phones?
Fucking Google Android is a mess because they leave OS updates up to the manufacturers.
Apple is tripling prices, closed and arseholes regarding their standards and connectors.
At least their shit is up to date.
Goddamn smartphones.

ubuntu's theme colors are gross

LMAO Linux can't run on phones

Yeah man, just love how all these 1st world countries are turning into hellholes, the real world is so good when you can get raped and killed at any moment.

All I want is a OS that can play android apps, but doesn't have the botnet uplink to google.

Same as with upstart and just about everything: Canonical is too incompetent to make it actually good.

Or even make it work well. Shit, the most viable phone for it was probably the one Meizu that randomly had it ported.

You can have this with various AOSP derivatives.

The problem is only that many applications themselves WANT to include the google botnet for monetization reasons (ads & marketing data are basically the primary way to fund apps, payments over google's platform the secondary...), so you're limited to the selection on f-droid and the like that is much less comprehensive.

Linux runs on the vast majority of phones today. You mean Ubuntu Touch can't into being useful and it's not common to have typical GNU userlands as foundation for the userspace.

It's not killed, UBPorts team take it and it's developed by community now.

>t. soyboy

Who is that semen demon in the pic

Android

So install a ROM without gapps you insufferable pleb.
Download and backup all the app apks you want first because there wont be any google store.
If you need more apps in the future search for and download the apks from a non google site.

Canonical

(((Wayland)))

Or use Yalp Store, which allows you to sign in with your credentials as well to pull apks. Not sure if it lets you access apps you paid for though. I hope it does, because I use action launcher pro and will be going full /no-goog/ pretty soon

It was shit.

I heard it was video.

Oh wait, I was thinking of radio stars.

>26KB JPG
Duh! Fucking newfags.

Does Sup Forums have any arguments, in which, aren't just projections of their insecurities?

not defending Sup Forumstards but what can you say about the picture. The stickers. Why would someone do that?
You could argue that the same type of individual afflicted by mental illness like one with neo-nazi anti-semitic stickers. Wouldn't you agree?

Right but posting a picture of some nutcase with retarded stickers on his laptop has nothing to do with an argument.

I'm with you. but using as an excuse that Sup Forums is retarded is pretty much the same.
You did that by arguing they are projecting insecurities. So one Sup Forumstard says someone is retarded and the answer is "no, you are retarded"

Yes, the rampant and increasing degenerate bevaviour of the intolerant left is almost single handedly destroying this country and countless others. You're either willfully ignorant or accepting of this behavior . Either way the leftist mindset is Cancerous and corrupt and should be purged from 1st world countries.

new phones that come with factory oreo out of the box will work with any future firmware no matter what.

Assuming you mean the US, I disagree. America's pretty great.

This. They didn't even care about it. They tried to do too much but didn't have enough resources for it, which is also why Mir and Unity are dead. Librem 5 is the new king, at least they'll deliver enough devices instead of being constantly sold out like the official Ubuntu Phones were.

SailfishOS, but it's kind of a failed product now that Sony abandoned it. It's also only somewhat compatible with the devices it runs on, while official devices are old/weak as fuck. Librem 5 will ship with PureOS and have KDE Mobile OS available to it. Both are GNU systems and might have built-in android support one day. Until then you'd have to use a compatibility layer yourself. Also this . You'd have to use fdroid and yalp store and filter apps with google services framework and ads.

Why the fuck would you encode video on the phone?

unity
it also killed their desktop

It's funny how actively Ubuntu killed all their good-will with the community.

>Project Volta will make Android phones have incredible battery life!
>Project butter will eliminate all stutter on Android phones!
>Doze will stop wakelocks and let Android have excellent standby time!
>Treble will let Android phones get easy updates!

They didn't just kill goodwill with the community, also with the 100+ devs who got laid off so that big daddy Mark can "re-prioritize" and make Canonical "leaner, more competitive", which really means abandoning their end user shit and going enterprise like RH did

Yeah but who the fuck would trust Canonical over Red Hat for enterprise?

They actually have a customer base in the cloud arena cause RHEL is so far out of date. Cloud-Init is used for almost everything and support for it outside ubuntu is a bit sketchy still unless you're using coreos's weird ignition instead of cloud-init, but that's fucked. Basically canonical is getting blood money out of people who's infra depends on stuff that's kinda flaky and therefore needs constant maintenance

Well, yes? The first 3 already happened.

sd 820 and up have laptop i3 performance, good enough for real-time high quality 720p hevc video encoding.

It took to long to come out and when it finally did, it was meh hardware. Even lumia had a better start.