I'm trying to get less dependent on my Google account. What are Sup Forums's best alternatives to:

I'm trying to get less dependent on my Google account. What are Sup Forums's best alternatives to:

>Gmail
>Google
>Youtube
>Chrome

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

prism-break.org/en/
i1.ytimg.com/
redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Protonmail
Qwant
Nothing exists for Youtube, just log out and browse privately
Firefox

All non-autistic options. Don't give that screeching about Protonmail either. It's their turf, they can't read your shit, if you do stupid shit with your email that other people report you for it's well within their rights to kill your account.

Have a good evening.

>cock.li
>startpage/duckduckgo
>vimeo?/hooktube
>palemoon/icecat

Literally any other mail service
Duck Duck Go
I don't know. Wish Jewgle didn't buy Youtube because no one is using the alternatives.
Firefox

Tutanota or Protonmail
Ixquick, startpage
Newpipe, Hooktube
Firefox
See also: prism-break.org/en/

Twitch for youtube and maybe myspace , I don't know about myspace but I went there and saw that they allow video uploads

>Posteo
>DuckDuckGo
>NewPipe
>Firefox

I dread to think of all the shit that I would have to do to remove myself from using Google products. How do you fuckers do it? Get rid of an old email account just like that?

Email
>protonmail/cock.li/tutanota/autistici

Search
>searx.me/startpage/qwant/duckduckgo/search.disconnect.me

Video
>Peertube/lbry

Browser
>firefox/icecat/tor browser

is there a newpipe equivalent for browsers?

Cock.li
Ecosia
No such thing exists.
Vivaldi.

Motionbox

Is there an alternative to Google maps that's anywhere near as good?

>Gmail
protonmail
>Google
searx, startpage, qwant, duckduckgo
>Youtube
nothing, use hooktube instead. you can try dailymotion but it's mediocre and vimeo for more artistic projects
>Chrome
firefox

Literally no alternatives, they're all botnets just like google services, yet almost always perform 10x worse due to freetards having absolutely zero motivation or actual skills to produce anything remotely useable

>gmail
Literally any other provider
>google
Startpage, ddg
>youtube
Hooktube, lbry, dtube
>chrome
Firefox + forks, chromium + unbotnet forks

For navigation, Waze

For maps, maybe Here wego

What do you guys think of bitchute?

it's good. the only problem seems to be that it's populated by far right nationalists and it got a bad rep for that so not much people will join

If I wanted to drop Google from my life entirely it would take me about 20 minutes. Alternatives are abundant, although some are not quite as convenient, but that's the price you pay for privacy right now.

If you think it's daunting to change emails and migrate all of your accounts, you might want to take stock of all the accounts you have and keep your info organized rather than leaving a mess of your identity all over the web. Don't even do it to leave Google behind just do yourself a favor and organize that shit.

waze got bought out by google

Is there any email service that allows you to edit your inbox settings and have at least 20 folders for free? which is not outlook/gmail

thx familia

>Gmail
cock.li
disroot.org
protonmail.com
self hosted
>Google
ddg
startpage
searx
>Youtube
d.tube
>Chrome
firefox
qutebrowser
gnu icecat

It's really interesting tech, but they have made a major mistake by embracing the reject crowd and branding themselves as a place for people to "speak out." Pretty much dooms it to be relegated to lousy videos complaining about other sites and promoting extreme political opinions.

protonmail
startpage
IDK this is a hard one
firefox

Protonmail
Startpage/Duckduckgo.
VidLii.
Waterfox.

Social network:
gab.ai

>tutanota

i could not even open an email account because "your IP has been blocked to prevent abuse by spammers"
FUCK THEM

just use protonmail. plus they are located in switzerland and not in a 14 cucks country like germany.

Protonmail
Startpage
Don't log in and block cookies
Firefox
The real question is how you get a ungoogled phone that doesn't have gimped functionality

ProtonMail
DuckDuckGo
HookTube
Chromium
>it's populated by far right nationalists
CNNfag
>made a major mistake by embracing the reject crowd
It does exist unfortunately.
> promoting extreme political opinions
Calm down.

but why? Google services are GOAT

>Been an entire week and still no word on when they're fixing the memory leak
ekpic

the only way I know is by not setting up your google play account after you flash it and put on your own rom

How are self hosted email servers in 2018?

>Gmail
cock.li, protonmail, your own home server etc
>Google
Searx or startpage
>Youtube
You're fucked there
>Chrome
Firefox, iridium, ungoogled-chromium, Waterfox, Palemoon, Basilisk

I was very careful with my words. YouTube does not want emphatic political statements, and will push away anything beyond the platforms of the major American political parties. Those people will come running to Speak Out (Bitchute's new name).

Use osmand to replace maps. The plus version is available on f-droid for free

Self hosted mail if you've got the unix chops, Tutanota otherwise.
DDG.
Use hooktube, mpv, and newpipe to rip data without loading spy JS. For your own uploads consider vimeo or dailymotion.
Firefox.

Stop recommending DuckDuckGo you fucking faggots. If you change from one US service to another you still are inside the botnet regardless how much the provider claims to not be botnet. It is fucking US service.

>Gmail
Tutanota or cock.li
>Google
DuckDuckGo
>Youtube
use youtube-viewer in your terminal emulator
>Chrome
Non-Googled-Chromium

>Don't log in and block cookies

You do realize you are still easy to track by google and other trackers because your footprints are still unique?

>>Youtube

Why you are against jewtube? I mean, create throwaway account just for youtube, before you watch your shit switch to private browsing, log in into your utube account, enjoy. For every other site out there you are not logged in, and good luck for google track you.

>before you watch your shit switch to private browsing
I don't think you know what that actually does.

creates sessions with separate set of cookies?
at least, plus some limited addon access, whatsoever

Sup Forums you guys might be a bunch of shitters sometimes, but fuck me if you don't come through with proper information when asked. ProtonMail is the tits so far.

t. eurogoblin. As US citizens, if someone inside the US is spying on us we at least have some method of mounting a Constitutional challenge. Anything in another country is just backdoored by the NSA anyways and there's nothing we can do about that since their legal mandate is to spy on foreigners.

>Protonmail
>DuckDuckGo
>Hooktube for watching YouTube videos/BitChute for uploading videos
>Firefox

the problem with YouTube is that it's hard to find an alternative that offers same features (free, unlimited uploads)
Vimeo caps the free account at 5gb max
D.Tube incorporates cryptomining tech (in case you're against a website using your cpu like that)
BitChute uses BitTorrent so that you host their videos (also i haven't found a way to change video quality)
Dailymotion has pretty much been taken over by corporations, so good luck getting your videos seen on there
and Liveleak is pretty much just a shock-site, so you can expect no one to click on your links
i don't know much about the other alternatives i've left out

>Gmail
hotmail
>Google
ask jeeves
>Youtube
YTMND
>Chrome
Netscape Navigator

love the Google. be the Google.

>hooktube
>"Don't use Google, use Google!"

Yandex mail
Yandex search
Yandex videos
Yandex browser

>not knowing hooktube strips the youtube webpage of all unnecessary crap and loads just the extracted video, stats, and comments
user, you need to eat some more salmon. it belongs to a group known as "brain food"

>not knowing hooktube strips Google's unnecessary crap and loads Google's video, stats, and comments
Ah, LessGoogle! A great alternative to Google!

you do know the whole point of not using Google is to avoid ads, tracking, and any other privacy-invading measures it employs, right? accessing content on Google's servers is perfectly fine just so long as you are able to avoid everything else Google tacks on, which is what hooktube facilitates. or do you just not like Google just because it's Google; because that's just on the other side of the coin of blindly following a company just because of what the company is.

>Gmail
outlook or running your own server
>Google
searx, startpage, duckduckgo, literally anything beyond google
>chrome
wtf dude seriously?
>Youtube
this is the only thing that requires thought in your entire post.

>Google can't track me when I connect to certain Google domains! I swear!

except it's hooktube that's connecting to those domains. the only thing i'm connecting to is the webpage that hooktube generated with the raw video file embedded inside it.

>Gmail
Protonmail
>Google
Startpage
>Youtube
DTube and vimeo
>Chrome
Firecuck

at this point I don't really care FUCK MY SHIT UP GOOGLE

>i1.ytimg.com/
>redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?
Great Google alternative!

Gmail -> Cock.li
Google -> duckduckgo
Youtube -> Liveleak
Chrome -> Firefox

>>i1.ytimg.com/
that's the server that hosts thumbnails
>>redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?
and that's the server that hosts the video files

like i said in >accessing content on Google's servers is perfectly fine just so long as you are able to avoid everything else Google tacks on
so unless you're seeing any tracking, spyware, or other malicious requests being made i don't know what the problem is.

>Yesss yesss! Loading google domains is perfectly fine they will not know you are connecting to them!

fpbp

Use ungoogled-chromium OP, its pretty good

I use protonmail, duckduckgo, and waterfox. DDG isn't the most private alternative, but the more private stuff has shit formatting.

As for youtube, there's no alternative at the moment, although twitch looks to be getting ready to try. Amazon also seems to have some sort of plans, although how far along they are is anyone's guess.

I'm surprised no one here know about metacafe

Protonmail
Qwant, Searx, DuckDuckGo
d.tube / peertube / bitchute, but they lack content. Just use NewPipe to avoid Google's bullshit. On desktop use hooktube.
Firefox, Iridium, Brave

Maps.me

>how you get a ungoogled phone that doesn't have gimped functionality
Buy Librem 5

>twitch
>Amazon
No

>hotmail
>altavista
>myspace
>netscape

Lycos

Falk.de

openstreetmap senpai
get it and start mapping

> switch to private browsing
holy shit senpai please die

> at this point I don't really care FUCK MY SHIT UP GOOGLE
this isn't Sup Forumsuro anymore

Man, I'm sure it would be real fun distributing my new email address to every person and institution I shared my gmail with in the last decade.

just add a signature at the end of your gmail emails saying you'll be shutting this account down and that for all further contacts refer to your new address
then use gmail for a few months and everyone important will email your new address

>I need a map
>here this one's half done you gotta fill out the rest

> half done
maybe your better off selling your data for free

Anyone here familiar with neomailbox?

Does Sup Forums still use firefox?
I feel like it is targeting windows retards and uses as much as ram as gnome.
I use chromium (didn't remove esr though) on linux and palemoon when using windows (rarely though)

just use Chromium and uMatrix, literaly any browser (including Chrome ofc, without being logged..) with some Java script and tracker blocker

>Nothing exists for Youtube
You can use an RSS reader to subscribe to channels.

Cock.li/my own email server
SearX
Hooktube
Ungoogled chromium/inox

>depends on VLC

No thank you :(