The absolute state of FreeBSD and CoCs

The absolute state of FreeBSD and CoCs.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/trueos/status/965994363070353413
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct
github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/blob/dev/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
web.archive.org/web/20171222235533/https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
twitter.com/freebsdfrau
twitter.com/cperciva
reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7xapx2/freebsds_new_geek_feminismbased_code_of_conduct/du7200b/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

muh virtual hugs

Cue "tech" "journalism" collectively explosive diarrheaing itself with articles to the tune of "FreeBSD has a toxic male problem"

and this is on live action how the diversity scam destroys projects, fucking always man

Macfags became traitors.

>OpenSUSE board member and YouTuber Bryan Lunduke has used his YouTube channel to ask if FreeBSD also wants to regulate virtual high fives or fist bumps.
suse bringing the bants, openbsd shitposting like it's a systemd cve

Why are poltards so triggered about this?

As usual, SJW-ism has an effect of demonetization and loss of trust from the normie majority consumers, leading to loss.

- Hasbro for example managed to bankrupt the GI Joe brand by employing SJW writers, with the 1st comic issue.
- Marvel keeps losing money over the new female "muh womyn power" Captain Marvel, who keeps being rehashed and forced in apparent desperation yet keeps failing and not making returns.
- Disney's Star Wars has now lost trust among prop sellers, a first in the brand's history. Shelves are filled with unsold TLJ "womyn powa" toys which are going to be written off as a major financial loss for both the sellers and Disney. Now sellers have no alternative but to scrutinize all future Disney's Bolshevik marketing projections and force increased costs on Disney as a risk tax. Disney even lost a potential market of 1.3 billion people in China which cites "Baizuo" and "Low IQ (SJW) writing" as critiques.
- Video Game developers appealing to a vocal minority of SJW's who don't even pay for games but rather gather around a single "representative" professional critic/influencer via bubbled social contacts to engage in mob criticism/coercion, who are merely there to support that one career critic against products they don't even care about; resulting in a loss of the core majority of consumers and a net loss in revenue due to appeal to vocal minority over majority.
It's like the religious preachers who exist to preach against products they don't use, gathering church members, yet who are mistaken by the object of criticism as consumers in ignorance.
- FreeBSD suddenly forcibly coercing/demanding from users to become political "ambassadors" by a Code of Conduct copy pasted from some feminist wiki, completely unrelated to the object of the community or their initial interests in becoming part of it. Result? Skilled staff loss.
- SJW publications such as Salon forced into adwall.
Examples keep on appearing exponentially with each day.

I don't know maybe you should ask the package maintainers that have quit.

Good riddance

(You)

Because rules like that are implemented only in order to perform witch-hunts and drive out members of the community that do not adhere to the preferred political viewpoints. This is how themodern version of the inquisition starts.

Didn't Salon fall as low as including cryptominers?

Eurofag here. Even my mostly leftist friends have trouble believing SJWs are real, you really don't have to go full Sup Forums to think this kind of CoC is stupid.

I hope more people quit over it desu

fbsd is a shit version of loonix, just let it die.

These all seem fairly reasonable to me

poltards are spamming this board harder than ever.

the reason people have an issue with it is that it comes from the Geek Feminism wiki and while they removed some specific lines the implicit bias still exists.

You really just need to look at OpalGate, DrupalGate or NodeJS rvagg/Ashley Williams to understand what's actually going on. The rules listed are unimportant, it's a political philosophy.

The people who enforce it won't be reasonable.

>"systemci oppression"
>deliberete misgendering
>deliberate use of "dead" or rejected names
>stalking or following
>inappropriate levels if intimacy
Yeah, totally reasonable. /sarcasm

Seriously though. You don't need a shitty list like that to tell someone that shows "inappropriate levels if intimacy" to just "back off a bit", you do need it to push out members of community you don't like for imagined "micro-aggressions".

Meanwhile, while all the shit was going down at FreeBSD... TrueOS updated their rules of conduct.

twitter.com/trueos/status/965994363070353413

what is this tranphobic shit? bunch of crypto-fascists

I agree with It's a fair code. This guy is just a salty because his mother left his father for a woman

>Treat each other with respect and professionalism.
>Leave personal and TrueOS unrelated conversations to other channels.
Reasonable and short, but I can make it even shorter:
>Focus on the code instead of blogging, and don't be a dick.

So if you want to use FreeBSD without the polarising politics, use TrueOS is the simple answer.

Arch has a pretty good Code of Conduct.
Neutral, to the point, doesn't give leeway to SJW's or Sup Forumstards.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct

>a literal wall of text
Jesus christ...

What the fuck is TrueOS? Is it just another flavour of Linux with some theme tweaks to make it more neat but only as long as you use only stock apps?

Lesbians are mostly sex-positive unlike your dumbass CoC, you mental toddler.

this. these CoCs are a way for these FEMALES and trannies to assert power over a project because they are too mentally ill and too brainlet to contribute actual code. A CoC gives these fuckers the power to start policing your personal life and start attacking you, manipulating you and even get you banned from a project for things that have nothing to do with the actual project or code.
>he made a tweet that offended me
>he must resign for tweet rape

Nothing wrong with those, either.

>fucking always man

Will they ever learn? It keeps fucking happening but they seem to be hellbent to destroy any project they touch.

>they seem to be hellbent to destroy any project they touch
>seem
Oh friendo, you have a long way to go to understand the world around you.

Based SUSE.

What if my lifestyle choice is harassing sjws? Checkmate fags

oh no some Russian with a political agenda is upset how can I bend over backward to make him feel better?

(You)

the absolute state of american lefties

> ... oppression related to ... mental illness ... or religion
such as
> It might not be a good idea to make a schizophrenic religious fanatic our project leader.

> ... comments regarding a person's ... choices and practices, including ... health
such as
> I think we should find another maintainer for OpenSSH since you spend so much time in the hospital.

> ... employment
such as
> Isn't it hypocritical to submit security patches while working for NSA?

> ... use of ... rejected names
such as
> This 2014 commit is signed by Marcus.

> Publication of non-harassing private communication ...
such as
> We already addressed this issue privately, as seen in the attached logs.

Well done on this bug hunt day lads and lasses, high fives and hugs to all!
> b& from project for inappropriate simulated contact as well as deliberately misgendering some of the bug hunt members as male or female when they identify as amorphic slimes

SJW Codes of Conduct are poison.

Use social power to own things another people has do.

>Systematic oppression
If you think that is fairly reasonable then you need to get out of Cali.

>It might not be a good idea to make a schizophrenic religious fanatic our project leader.
Implying Terry wouldn't make FreeBSD great again

Truth be told he probably would...
But I don't think FreeBSD codebase is christian enough for him to touch it.

How can you even develop an operating system if it doesn't have a built-in oracle to tell you what integer type you should use for a variable.

There's no fixing freebsd anyway. They took the wrong technical direction ages ago regarding SMP, and it's crap now.
Dragonfly forked to take a more proper approach, and it's far superior now. About time people start noticing that.

Not to mention
>networking

>Truth be told he probably would...
lel no. Even a CS freshman has more technical background than this schizo.
TempleOS is awfully bad and pretty much anyone can do the same.

And also pointless. Are developers like 12 and cannot function as human beings? So you have to tell them about basic interaction?

Also, Google's botnet now asks me to identify noisy pictures as well. Fuck that captcha shit.

t. MIT brain squeezed CIA Nigger

CIA nigger spotted

Some things apply to some business environments and some don't, I don't know what level of formality was there in the FreeBSD community before this meme but virtual hugs don't seem appropiate

There is only one acceptable CoC.
github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/blob/dev/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

>CIA niggers says he can do better than Terry
Shows us, link us to your diarrhea junior.
>inb4 "but i'm not interested in building what i said anyone can do"
Because you are incapable of it lying little nigger.

>virtual hugs don't seem appropiate
The absolute state of human kind.

Pretty minimalist. Like Arch itself.

Perfection. Especially the tiny crown on the top of the decently realistic ASCII cock. I might fork.

Lunduke isn't even a part of SUSE anymore though...

>a literal wall of text

Consult the Arch Wiki for a tutorial for it.

This is bait

>Let me know when about the deadline and progress of that project
>Best Regards, user
>oh and btw *hugs you and pinches your butt* >w

take templeos add networking.
third year cs student summer project.

I am not interested in your empty degrees that even dumb poos can buy these days, i want to see your accomplishments CIA nigger, and i know i'll see none.

>implying that warrants anything more than either ignoring or joking about it
I swear to god, we are in dire need of another world war.

>I don't know what level of formality was there in the FreeBSD community before this

web.archive.org/web/20171222235533/https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

This new code of conduct comes after Randi Lee Harper got into a fight with another FreeBSD dev.

You can see the line in the new CoC that is specifically relevant to her.

>Unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.

These are the two people who decided to pull a CoC from a militant feminist wiki, instead of the 101 other places they could have pulled a new one from.

twitter.com/freebsdfrau
twitter.com/cperciva

Colin admits here that he excised bits from the CoC that he thought were nutty.

reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/7xapx2/freebsds_new_geek_feminismbased_code_of_conduct/du7200b/

The whole argument centres around making it easier to report harassment and deal with it. Which happened when Randi and the other dev had their fight. Only Randi decided to rail her social justice warrior groups against the evil FreeBSD who suddenly decided they needed an entirely new CoC to appease the baying mob. That the CoC was pulled from a militant feminist website is no coincidence.

>What the fuck is TrueOS
pc-bsd newfriend

Which response do you pick:
1. Thanks for the compliment, sweetie!
2. Your worship of my ass is noted, but unfortunately I already got someone to hug and pinch me.
3. Dude, I'm sorry to reject you, but I actually don't want you to pinch my ass. Hope you find someone else. Hey, now that I think about it, maybe you could try to get Jane... but better invite her out rather than, you know, going for her ass right away.
4. OMG I've essentially been raped and molested, let me tell everyone and inform the project management to drag this into public and ostracize and ban that rapist!

TrueOS is a BSD distribution, lmao.

I disagree in this case. I think even without the rest of the CoC, I would ban people who say shit like *hugs* online, because that's retarded.

rip in piece, not like anyone is gonna miss it

*slaps anonymous around a bit with a large trout*

holy fuck the memes are real. thank god i dont work in tech

I'd agree with the retarded part, but it's definitely not sometihng worth including in a CoC. If someone finds it inappropriate they should say "dude, stop it with the *hugs*, it's pathetic", and leave it at that. Ignore any furter ones.

The only code of conduct you need is the universal "don't be a fucking cunt", but ironically that's too offensive for the SJWs

I mean, hypothetically, if 10% of the devs were doing that shit all the time, I'd have no problem banning it in response. Gotta stop their literal hugbox.

They'd complain about the word cunt.

You could have a single line of "don't be a shit" and someone would inevitably complain that's racist because shit is shades of brown to black.

>10% of devs
If that many people were doing it's and it annoyed me that much(which it wouldn't, but hypothetically) I'd just leave.

Codifying minutia of human interactions sounds like a recipe for a disaster.

I have had some very pale (like a lightly tanned white person) and occasionally green shits. I hope that doesn't mean I'm gonna die.

I believe the thing is that to them you're already a fucking cunt if you don't keep with insane US rules for "politeness", criticize anything, or don't actively help people live in their fantasy world where they stand unchallenged no matter what fucking crazy thing they want to believe.

nah it means you're eating too much crap

So would I. But let's say the maintainers would rather attract our talent than retain the hugboxers talent (or at least felt that a ban would retain 90% of the hugboxers and they'd just stop hugboxing). At that point, it would make sense to ban hugboxing.

>don't actively help people live in their fantasy world where they stand unchallenged no matter what fucking crazy thing they want to believe.
This is exactrly the thing. These people want to bull everyone sane into pretending insane people are perfectly normal. Which is bad both for the insane person and everyone else, since it creates an environment steeped in lies and deception.

I guess? If you were like an owner or a dictator of a project and that's what you wanted, sure. But I don't really see the point of banning people from project they contribute to as a hobby unless they are really toxic. Text *hugs* aren't something I'd call "toxic", annoying, yes.

At the moment, I strongly doubt that you're able to push legacy code into a project like FreeBSD, or even to maintain a package. This is a woman giving a conference but you're yelling she's a "female" as if it were an insult and it kinda comforts me in that CoC being an excellent thing to keep you out.

That sounds about as realistic as banning female so there is more room for "male talent". Or males for "female talent". Or getting rid of workers to get "clown talent".

Yea, slapping talent behind the other thing doesn't make it a sane practice.

>This is a woman giving a conference

On Gamergate harassment.

No, what we need to keep out is women, precisely because of what explains.

>I guess? If you were like an owner or a dictator of a project and that's what you wanted, sure. But I don't really see the point of banning people from project they contribute to as a hobby unless they are really toxic. Text *hugs* aren't something I'd call "toxic", annoying, yes.

I mean in theory the project owner is kind of like a dictator. I don't even use FreeBSD so I don't care much whether they have a code of conduct or not, I use Linux which is run by Linus like a dictator. I have no idea if they have a code of conduct because that's not something I'd ever bother to look up either way. Every email I've ever written at work I style like a corporate press release because that makes the most sense to me.

>tfw blueberries is crap

>just a port nigger

you clearly don't know who Randi Harper is you think this picture is just "lol fat blue haired woman in tech".

I'm not saying get rid of anyone, just that I have no problem with having a rule against people saying retarded shit like *huggles* in their project/work communications.

Linux has a Code of Conflict after refusing to adopt a Code of Conduct.

>BDSM community likes to shove CoC's down your throat
>tonights news@11

TrueOS is Freebsd-Current with a nice GUI and tools to make it easy to use

Will never even try an OS that uses a nigger lipped fish as a mascot.

Seriously fuck that OS.

Yes CoC makes a excellent job destroying everything from inside, good virus

>nice GUI
Lumina is fucking shit. I'd rather use GNOME.

I will think of you every day when I boot my OpenBSD machine user

There is simply the BIG difference between you just saying "why are you using that retaded wording?" and the other persons then deciding if they want to humor you and stop or not.

Or some code of conduct prohibiting its use / requiring that its use must be allowed in a non-discriminatory (read, no complaints) fashion.

Only gender queer trans women use gnome goy