Someone actually paid $280 for a 990FX mobo

>Someone actually paid $280 for a 990FX mobo
We can bitch about gouging on new hardware, but is there a worse crime than gouging for old ass hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-9590-Eight-8-CORE-CPU-ASUS-SABERTOOTH-990FX-R2-0-8GB-RAM-LIQUID-COOLED/253351181240
ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GA-990FXA-UD3-ATX-AM3-Motherboard-Good-for-gaming-and-mining/162909571989
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$300 looks like THAT?

In a timeline where a mid range GPU costs a shit ton, why not?

Not really. Supply and demand.

You got me on the supply, but I doubt many people could still want something like this unless they're me and it happens to have the perfect io yet modern enough 32nm hardware, most budget people just want to play games, and an Ryzen 5 will do that and then some.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe youtube budget building channels have driven up the costs of old hardware, cause it wasn't like this back in 2014 when you could build a core 2 quad system for nothing.

Forgot pic, 2011 mobos with firewire on them are goat.

Mine died at the end of April. Surprised how expensive a new Fx990 mobo was.

I have never seen a piece of hardware appreciate like this, Z77 boards, which are way superior to 90FX don't even go for that much, I'm hanging onto my UD3 board.

Also fuck this seller on ebay for monopolizing stock and being a jew.

>tfw paid $120 AUD for motherboard in 2012
>it's $440 brand new now

I honestly should have bought two motherboards back then. Fucking CPU sockets...

Same, If I know this nonsense was gonna happen, I would've bought a bunch of UD3 boards back when they were 89.99.

>775 dollars for a crappy 9590, only 8 gigs of ram, and a Sabertoof
Holy kek.

ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-9590-Eight-8-CORE-CPU-ASUS-SABERTOOTH-990FX-R2-0-8GB-RAM-LIQUID-COOLED/253351181240

aren't these things supposed to go for like 100 bucks? what the fuck happened to the desktop market(apart from the crypto niggers)?

I have no clue, it's fucked up that me paying 130 for a new UD3 in current year is a "good deal" the FX chips and 9 series chipset weren't even anything special, but it was really good for the price it was normally selling at.

Well, seeing as how the SpecdownGate fiasco has a lot of privacy-minded people out there scrambling for the most secure platform out there, this is not a surprise.

>tfw privacy is one of the reasons I still use an FX
Damn, maybe the demand is out there.

it was new tho. usually only used are available for old cpus and those may have worn out caps that might die at any moment.

could be worth it for intel sockets. they disappear from all stores immediately when a new socket is release.

I paid 130 for mine, fair enough, it originally sold for 130 back in 2014, but they're being dicks.

>$135 and it's used
>Actually put mining in the title
I'm fucking done.

ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GA-990FXA-UD3-ATX-AM3-Motherboard-Good-for-gaming-and-mining/162909571989

i have the msi 970a-g43 plus and when i look up ebay it's just worth what i paid for it. what does the 990 do that my 970 won't? or is my board buggy?

The 990FX boards have jacks for more audio channels, the VRM is often beefier for overclocks (some 970 boards have beefy VRMs too), more io ports, more PCIe lanes for more bandwidth if using SLI

TLDR;970 boards are great for daily use and gaming, can overclock well if it's a really nice one, but 990FX is really good for enthusiasts.

i see, thanks. i guess it's just one of those unpredictable bubbles.

These crypto fags need to seriously get bitconnected and have their shit cause, cause all these (((federal reserve notes))) being exchanged to get this overpriced shit hardware isn't helping bitcoin replace our currency.

>caus
crash*

I always thought it was normalshits entering the PC gaming market who watch videos on how to build desktops driving up demand rather than the cause being cryptoshitters.

It is normies, look how much the design language of motherboards has changed, gaudy as hell, less expansion slots and io, they're shit.

>Buying FX ever

Or you could've bought btc instead

Motherboards die faster than CPUs, so old CPUs are dirt cheap while motherboard prices only go up.

You are right about this. Stupid clickbait shit like "$10 GAMING PC" tipped off the normies. It's fucked up the prices of old GPUs as well.

I'll buy a new motherboard now that they're cheap and then wait 3/4 years to buy a 10$ cpu for it.
Who /smart/ here?

>spending money on a FX build

hes redpilled

Can't really call it gouging when it was an auction, can you?

This is ridiculous
>paid $150 in 2015