Why won't Aphex Twin be this man's friend?

Why won't Aphex Twin be this man's friend?

asbergers :/

cuz he's a creep lol

because hes not a pleb like every radiohead fan

at least boc were nice about his music

poor thom, his heroes aphex and ae are so mean to him

where was he mean to him I want to see this lol

Richard is a fuck.

He literally makes farting ass music.

>Interviewer:Your music has been hugely influential. One of the more prominent musicians who’ve said that they’ve been inspired by your records are Radiohead? Did you listen to any of their last two album "Kid A" and "Amnesiac“?

>Richard: I don’t like them. I heard maybe five or six tracks and I thought they sounded really really cheesy.

>Interviewer: Cheesy?

>Richard: Yeah, really obvious and cheesy. I mean I’m just comparing it to my favourite music and I think it’s terrible compared to that. But compared to all the shit boring R&B tracks it’s probably alright. Compared to those teen punk sort of bands or whatever they are supposed to be called, who think that they are really anarchic and stuff like that, they are probably amazing. If you’re only exposed to that kind of stuff and then Radiohead come along you will probably think that they are geniuses.

Jesus he nails Radiohead so hard for me.

He was completely right.

Yeah, he's got me figured out.

Because he doesn't like him probably. Dunno I think shit like is actually admirable because he's genuinely speaking his mind and being an open person. Radiohead aren't children, either, Thom still pays lip service to Richard's influence but if he doesn't like the music what the fuck can you do?

(you)

KEK

I want Rich to take a look at Thom's bleep bloops if you catch my drift

>But compared to all the shit boring R&B tracks it’s probably alright. Compared to those teen punk sort of bands or whatever they are supposed to be called, who think that they are really anarchic and stuff like that, they are probably amazing. If you’re only exposed to that kind of stuff and then Radiohead come along you will probably think that they are geniuses.
This is fucking spot on.

I mean Rich is right but not even Radiohead think they make difficult music. Every album they release, they say it isn't difficult or super artsy.

TRUE PATRICIAN MUSICIAN

this

Man is a genius but he genuinely sounds like a Sup Forumstant, lol

what a blowhard. richard sucks the cock

>But compared to all the shit boring R&B tracks it’s probably alright. Compared to those teen punk sort of bands or whatever they are supposed to be called, who think that they are really anarchic and stuff like that, they are probably amazing. If you’re only exposed to that kind of stuff and then Radiohead come along you will probably think that they are geniuses.

Fucking CHRIST YES. I'm gonna copy and paste this in so many threads.

I mean do you really think he's wrong?

newfags like you are ruining Sup Forums

Yes, he's wrong.

He's right though.

Radiohead are certainly better than any crappy alt rock/punk rock garbage from the past two decades, but they aren't the Pink Floyd of our generation or anything, they aren't the greatest musicians that ever lived like their fanbase believe.

I LOVE YOU RICH

They write good songs. Not everything has to be super experimental or out-there or "anarchic." Richard should know that, I mean a lot of his stuff is just straight acid techno bangers or fucked-up dnb - really simple stuff - but that doesn't mean it's not fantastic or nice to listen to.

How?
How are they not our Pink Floyd
Do you think Pink Floyd are particularly good?
agreed

yes. the quote itself seems a bit of an attempt to bolster his "credibility" and also throw away what I feel is quite genuine and innovative art. richard himself does things i dont consider interesting. the formats themselves, the short pieces, the analog organic experiments, its a roundabout process. they make different forms of art, to say something is obvious is to forget that thom writes a better melody any day of the week

>he quote itself seems a bit of an attempt to bolster his "credibility" and also throw away what I feel is quite genuine and innovative art.

nah he's just fucking around. he was a troll before most kids on Sup Forums were even bron

*born
shit

Who's AE?
Aphex twin is quite particular about his rock. I think his favourite rock band is Nine Inch Nails.

well yeah you can say this about any music that isn't well known, it doesn't mean it true

i don't like radiohead btw

pink floyd are shitty dad rock for hipster dads.

>thom writes a better melody any day of the week
No.

x musician: Yeah, really obvious and cheesy. I mean I’m just comparing it to my favourite music and I think it’s terrible compared to that. But compared to all the shit boring R&B tracks it’s probably alright. Compared to those teen punk sort of bands or whatever they are supposed to be called, who think that they are really anarchic and stuff like that, they are probably amazing. If you’re only exposed to that kind of stuff and then Aphex Twin comes along you will probably think that he is a genius.

???

please don't do that, don't be a faggot

What did autechre say about Thom? :(

ae is autechre

they're not being "mean" to thom, if they don't like his music they aren't compelled to lie about that, jesus christ

>yfw this is the same interview where he claims 911 is an inside job

BASED

They didn't say anything too bad. Just that they didn't feel like opening for Radiohead (Thom contacted them about that around ~2001) and that they felt Thom sort of retreated back to rock after the divisive reaction to Kid A/ Amnesiac.

At one point they did say that they respected RH for applying Ae's influence in their own way and not just straight-ripping them off like Funkstorung and other IDM artists.