Noko

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how best to get into Bjork's music? I know she's widely loved, but I've always found her work hard to really get into. Would someone be willing to guide me?

Thanks Sup Forums,
go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EFFVKYMdnE
youtu.be/ykaj8oZkIeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post is easy to get into I suppose. Honestly Portishead is like a better Bjork in some respects, though I'm not hugely into Bjork so it's biased. I would recommend Dummy by portishead

Fwiw, I just listened to AMSP (really enjoyed it) and someone suggested I check out Vespertine after. Is this a good place to start?

Yeah I love portishead. Thanks for reminding me to give Dummy a listen-to again.

Is this a kind of trend thread? I love Bjork, but I can't believe every day there's someone who asks how to get into her music.

Portishead and Bjork are two different things, don't know what you're up dude.

If you're in that kind of mood, yes, very much probably.

Thanks I'll get on it. Where should I go from there?

I rarely come on Sup Forums anymore, so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm meme'ing. I'm being genuine.

Homogenic

This may help you, I generally recommend to go chronologically when it comes to transformative artists like Bjork.

Do you even have to noko anymore?

Thanks so much!

Na dewd

Who is Noko?

This is nice dude, even I would recommend starting with Post, but otherwise Life's Too Good is perfect for hearing Bjork's incredible voice for the first time.

I really liked Homogenic whereas Post is still hard to enjoy. I love the song "Isobel" but the rest eclipse me.

What did he mean by this?

should i get this tattoo?

I'd say Post or Debut

Does anyone know any songs with similar feelings like Isobel? The only other songs I can really think of are Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack, Rival Dealer by Burial, and the beginning of Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 up to the asshole line.
It's just got that euphoric feeling that feels almost kind of like pic related.

I've never listened to her "technical" debut, which is just her at a young age doing over songs. Even she herself doesn't like to consider it an original work of hers, so it makes sense to give it a skip. But I'd still recommend just listening from "Debut" (it's her second album it's kinda confusing how her studio LP discog is laid out) onward to Vulnicura.

That approach gives you sense of the ups/downs of her music aas well a sense of how she's evolved/experimented sonically over the years. It's long, but with an artist like her it's totally worth it.

Homogenic is a pretty good start

Try Jòga from her album Homogenic.

youtube.com/watch?v=6EFFVKYMdnE

Totally agreed. Finally someone who says correctly how things must be done with Bjork.

listen to it at night, and go for a walk.

Her work is in that intentionally inaccessible area, you need to have it resonate with you. I just know there's some late teens early 20s girls who have had their lives saved by Bjork.

This sounds like a fucking great idea. Will do. Looks like starting with Debut and working chronologically seems to be the predominant suggestion. I was thinking of doing

Debut -> Post -> Homogenic -> Selmasongs -> Vepertine

for now. Hopefully if I like what I hear, I'll eventually get to Vulnicura. Should I be following along the lyrics really intently? Like reading Genius annotations and whatnot or nah?

who did this

Ronald Reagan I agree

listen to this song on repeat
youtu.be/ykaj8oZkIeM

YES someone else who likes Minimal Man