Glasses are technology

Glasses are technology

Currently losing my vision, who eyelet here?

have soft prescription reading glasses but every time i don't wear them hurts more, plus my family have a history of poor eyesight. my beta eyes are cucking me

China can save your wallet.

>tfw eye
>tfw brainlet
>tfw dicklet

I just bought gucci glasses just because it's gucci, I mean they don't even look special just listened to much rap and wanted to have at least one gucci item. Cost me about 400 bucks. Did I just got memed?

Literally me

tfw -7.5 prescription in each eye but stabilized, been there about 8 years

not if you're constantly interjecting the word "gucci" into every other sentence thereby displaying your enviable wealth

I can't read a book without glasses because I'm that short sighted. I wear glasses for everything except showering and sleeping.
Got these bad boys on order. Once you go rimless, you never go back.

Nibba, $400 for glasses is nothing, at least I'm getting value from my money.

had LASIK done 3 years ago, poorfags jelly.

I'm not jelly because I'm poor, I'm jelly because my eyes haven't stabilized,

I got cucked by genes, both eyes 'stabilized' at the age of 14 at -~3. I've switched to soft contact lenses when I was 15. I'd recommend every eyelet to make the switch too, man up and stop being scared of touching your eyes (unless you're physically unable to not damage your eyes when doing so). The only possible downsides of contact lenses all come down to user error. Quick comparison of glasses and contact lenses:
>>Glasses
>will move in a myriad of conditions
>can break due to the aforementioned instability
>cost a lot of money everytime you get a new pair
>will get dirty periodically
>easy to take off and put on
>>Contact lenses
>will never move unless you're not using them correctly
>won't break unless you can't properly handle them
>won't ever get dirty unless you're not using them correctly
>takes a little time to put on and take out and can be impractical when needed to be done frequently
Let's say you change glasses every 3 years
>3 24 packs of contact lenses cost half as much as a pair of decent glasses

contacts are not as strong as glasses i know from experience. also, headaches.

>contacts are not as strong as glasses
What? That's just patently untrue unless you have enormous astigmatism.
Headaches vary person to person, and are usually due to the wrong prescription, or breaking in your eyes and brain to the difference in perception compared to glasses.

i was incapable of reading text printed on pill bottles when i wore contacts
when i told eye doctor he said it was to be expected because they do not make contacts that strong yet - this was about 5 years ago

Were they contacts for fixing long sightedness?

not sure what i have desu i never bothered asking. i can't see far away and can only read if something is at nose distance

You can get contacts that go to -20.00 strength, but they have to be custom ordered. Most manufacturers will go to -15.00, that probably won't be stocked by most optometrists, but it should be readily available on order.
That's insanely powerful, but they will be quite thick, and I imagine that any astigmatism could cause problems at that thickness.

>tfw went from 20/20 (with glasses) to full blown astigmatism in one year
Fuggg :DD

I'm +8 (which I've been told is a really rare/tough prescription) with bad astigmatism as well, and while I greatly prefer glasses over contacts, the lenses make my eyes look massive. What types/styles of glasses minimize this?

-5 here. Not the worst prescription. I recently tried buying glasses online because I refused to pay around 400 euro from our local optometrist. Got a pair for around 45 euro that have actually been really nice. I was preparing for the worst, but I'm glad I did it.