Do you believe in god?

Answer yes or no, then post your favorite album

>no

maybe

no

Just to be clear, I’m not a professional ‘quote maker’. I’m just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

yes

is this pasta
i hope it is

Thom Yorke is God

Yes

This and OKC

yes

Yes

no
it confuses me that people still belive in such an archaic idea
>inb4 funny and original hat meme

i don't know

lmao, you think you can be a smug condescending prick about atheism and simply avoid the fedora with an "inb4"

naw son

idk

I Believe in BoC

How am i being smug or condescending?

You fucking nerd

Calling god an "archaic idea", for one

Is it not?

Not when it is still practiced by the majority of people on Earth

Not anymore but part of me wishes I still could

True, but that does not mean that the idea itself is not out of date.

When I want to

>he could be sitting on the table right now but you can't see him

>reddit.com

wow you sure did get me and gain the upper hand in our debate
nice one my dude

Never believed in any religion, I distinctly remember having to go to church with school during easter in second grade and being really confused as to why anyone would believe the story of Jesus resurrection.

>people are actually defending religion on Sup Forums now

Take your "open minded" tolerance faggotry somewhere else you cuck

i don't know or care

becuz spooky man in da SKY

No
I'm afraid to

no

thats subjective though friendo,

NO.

I DON'T BELIEVE IN SOME SCARY SKY GOD TELLIN ME WHAT TO DO.

only if he is dj spooky

No. This album is cool

I suppose so. But the idea of a big man in the sky who made the world in 7 days 6,000 years ago with no evidence at all is a little bit strange.

No. It's not like I have shit to prove it, but we keep learning more about the cosmos and our place in it, and keep asking the question, "Where's the god? Where's the god?" The more questions our science answers, the fewer hiding places god has left. Eventually you're left with a world where either god does not exist, or if he does, he is so irrelevant to your life that it makes no sense to worship him.

It's like, maybe you've got an anthill in your back yard. Do you even know they exist? Do they even know you exist? What the fuck would an ant ever be able to understand about you or your life, and why would it ever be important to them? That's how I think about god, if such a thing even exists, and why I just think it's easier to assume it doesn't.

>he more questions our science answers, the fewer hiding places god has left
you can't be that retarded. I'm not some huge believer in God but the idea of God being a physical thing in space that we can comprehend is beyond retarded.

I agree, but saying that the view is archaic is still subjective.

no

archaic = old

No. I don't believe in any kind of god.
I think the concept of gods of all kinds is a fascinating idea though.

Nice answer

this guy is right. stop defending religion with the "lol reddit fedora" meme

archaic = obsolete or outdated ya dufus

Yes.

What the fuck does that even mean.

No

Who cares

That's not the only understanding of god that exists, my dude

Exactly. Can't believe people still for the most popular yet ridiculous myth. Almost as ridiculous as the nationalism some people have for Sup Forums. Reddit is objectively superior in every way.
>reddit ahaha what a faggot
Think for a second how ridiculous it is that you're showing pride in your dunes cap.

Well yeah, but that's what I'm talking about. First we thought God was the sun and the earth and rain and shit, but then we learned more, and we thought god was the creator of the cosmos or life or thoughts, but then we learned more.

The presence of god keeps getting pushed further and further out of relevance, until, like you said, it simply cannot be comprehended. If god has no evident impact on your life, and no evident impact on the creation of your life, and no evident impact on the creation of anything we can observe in the universe, AND exists in some state of beyond-comprehension, then why the fuck would we worship it?

No! Only plebs believe in that stuff these days

But as i don't like sports, it's cool to have something to argue with stupid people, like my mom

i r8 0/8 m8 :/

>implying you or anybody else knows whether or not there is a god
>implying it's possible to prove the whether or not a god exists
>implying it's possible to know anything

No.

Kek

i love you jesus chriiiissssstttststwrmgsnvkjlg.,asd

>it confuses me that people still reach different conclusions than me

"God" is not useful.

Can you repeat the question?

If one exists, it's beyond our capacity to know it

no

It is. From reddit a couple years back. They raked that kid over the coals for a long time.

yes

seconded

Metaphors, brah.

>was there a need for creation?
>that was hidden in a math equation
>and that's this:
>where do circles begin?
>where do circles begin?

yes

looks like you fell for the trap too. People literally believe that. Not in a metaphorical way

No

dont know about believing, but i act as if there is no god

no, but I wish I could. a lot of country and folk has religious undertones and themes and I as a Texan grew up around a lot of religion. There's just too much that don't make sense.

>4 minutes of windchimes
um...
>followed by frantic violin
okay...
>fucking heavy metal riff
damn

I don't believe in religion but I think there's probably something bigger than us out there. I don't think anyone will ever know "the truth" either way. I often times find myself wondering if shroom-heads dating back to native americans were on to something or if it's all just dumb shit that drugs do to your brain.

What doesn't make sense for you?

I believe we are god

nope

yes

I hate to break it to you m8, but religion is real.

no one pulls of genre-blending like KC

What trap? The whole resurrection story is a metaphor for rebirth. Only hardcore fundies believe Jesus ACTUALLY rose from the dead. Fundies and Catholics, anyway.

and you know, the large majority of Christians throughout history. but let's not worry about them, they foul up my liberal *inclusive* "Christianity"!

the bible says that his willing death and resurrection allows for us to also be resurrected, if you think it's just a metaphor you're either an apologist or one of those "modernized" christian revivalists ..or both

no
also I'm not wearing a fedora, it's called a trilby
that's not even close to his best tho

Yes

"And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."
- 1 Corinthians 15:14

i dont belive in god
im not sure what my favourite album is, guess i dont have one.

No-ish. I believe the universe around us and all the properties that bind it together are as close to the extent of "godliness" as perceptible. Trying to go beyond that seems almost pointless; even if god(s) did exist beyond, we wouldn't be able to verify it through our mortal senses unless they come down to us in a form we can perceive.Though I suppose on my death bed, I'll hope at least something good is out there. The closest religion to me is Buddhism; my mother's side of the family follows it (loosely), and I will most likely be buried like all my relatives did via the standard Buddhist ceremonial burial when I die.

no I don't believe in God

and this kickass album is the reason

Probably not

as a person who lives in the south (not the deep south) allow me to tell you that that is not true at all
even 'moderate' types generally still buy into the idea that all the miracles and shit literally happened

Yes.

I cannot divorce from my fragile grip on reality the very basic understanding of a divine creator, no matter how hard I try. Perhaps I am not smart enough to think away god. My inability to shed this belief is strange, at least in my opinion, because it has no other religious fervor to bolster its strength; I do not believe in a necessarily loving, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-being god and I do not believe in a personal god. It is simply just something I learned at a very, very young age and internalized, laying a framework for the rest of my thought.

If I relate to god, and make them my personal god, it's because I'm putting myself in their place, not because god is listening and caring. For all I know, that might very well be the case, but I neither have evidence to back that up or the faith to choose to believe it.

You are me ;(

I have God complex

Completely the opposite, I used to be a really staunch atheist when I was younger, yet as I got older I started believing.

There are several

I love how all these god fearing plebs cling to their fedora meme in a desparate effort to stay relevant in the 21st century.

Pathetic.

I do. I grew up in the Christian faith but fell out of it at an early since my parents weren't very religious. During my teens I came back to it though. It's no wonder some of my favorite albums are almost entirely religious in nature but it's much rarer to come across a great Christian musician over a secular one.

Yes