pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda-ii-mechanical-keyboard-kit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my nsa kit

soy boys please don't post here

Buckling spring isn't even good. Topre, BKE Redux, Box thick click, and well done ergoclears all give an objectively superior typing experience.
Full size keyboards are dumb unless you're a wagie accountant.
Pic related is gorgeous and you should copy it.

see

not gonna lie i bought stinkers for just that but seeing your keyboard i think its going to suck, how can i get rid of that border the sticker creates? also have you thought of spry painting your keyboard with clear varnish?

I'm on 750mg of testosterone a week. My opinions are all certified high test and I certainly have the highest test levels in this thread.
You're just a deluded hipster with no taste in keyboards.

see

hey are mx clears any good

browns are objectively garbage

one of the best mx switches money can buy

i have some gateron clears, they are cool

cherry and gateron clears are very different

They're alright. I don't hate them. Ergoclears are so much better though. If you bottom out hard you might get fatigued with them.
I actually prefer mx speed because they're factory lubed but lubed and spring swapped mx clear is >>>>

depends what you want

if you want a tactile switch they're bad, barely an improvement over browns with a bump you'll easily blitz past without feeling

if you want upvotes on reddit they're pretty good

>a fucking keyboard can be soy
this meme has gone too far

any switch or dome

I'm just posting the best switch ever created.

Are the switches on the bottom left gaterons or chink switches?

what's the difference?

>b-but muh layers

what do keyboard preferences have to do with estrogen? besides pink flowery keycaps

you should go to reddit and ask that question and see the responses you get

As much as Soy has with Estrogen

Whats your favorite keyboard to take with you when you're not home?

getting my tax return and I want a small keyboard for my laptop.

F62

wouldn't it be better if those two shift keys sit lower like the thumbs are and avoid upwards tension on them making it a more pleasant experience?

Why is this PBT shiny? Did they make buckling springs ABS keycaps?

you have to understand these keyboards are bought by soyboys who have tiny hands. That keyboard is already too big for them. Most end up buying a 30% ortholinear

what do you mean? the sides of IBM keycaps have always had a glossy finish with a textured top.

>first BSP groupbuy in like two years
>its cherry with retarded symbols and cherry sandnigger layouts only

Anywhere I can get just stems and springs cheaply?

Sad. Was looking for something actually tactile but easy to get ahold of, cause browns are legit worse than rubber domes imo

not talking about the sides, obviously. Cant you see those gigantic marks at the center of the blank keycaps? If its not shine, its really bad stem marks.

Very cool work, user.

who was the one that let this sperg out of the containment board?

You guys have shit taste in keyboards.
Only nice ones in this thread.
Get it together, seriously.

but keys are the same size user, having a small keyboard won't help with small hands

I was looking on mechmarket and I see people charging $750 for some standard looking keyboards with lubed switches. What makes them so expensive?

Couldn't I buy all the switches, case, pcb, plate and lube the switches myself and build the same exact thing for a fraction of the cost??

Where did you get those keycaps?

see

$750 is almost always an aftermarket price for a group buy board.

So how would it be different than something I can build myself?

what do you mean?

its placebo reddit tier shit, things like rare keycaps or what ever brand new meme out there make it artificially expensive and also the fact that people cant stop pricing up their products and dumb people cant calculate real value

Kind of like the prices on Artisans. I don't understand why people buy those. Most of them look like some shit a 12 year old made from play doh.

they're collectors items that exist in a limited quantity. of course they're expensive.

they don't have that value, they are just pieces of plastic that are easy to manufacture. Its like collecting Kider surprise figures

they do have that value because people are willing to pay that much. that's what gives things value

You're just a mad poorfag like the rest of this board. Stop liking what I don't like :^(

Ok i see your concept of value is set on preferences and fefes people have, you may see it as a straw man but that's basically what you are saying.
My value is set up on physical variables that indicate me an approximate worth of the object, value of the material is for me an indication that the item in question is overpriced, plastic is dirt cheap that's my starting price.
Then comes manufacturing process. Most of those keycaps are produced with handmade rubber molds or milled aluminum mold, in the case of aluminum you need a CNC machine or hire someone to make it for you, cnc machines go for about 200$ the cheapest and if its a big scale operation the price goes down like crazy, 200$ for a semi professional keycaps production is worthless for me.
You may argue that some keycaps are handmade with some type of plaster, can care less, its his fault that he is unable to afford real tools and makes memecrafted things, there was a time where precision in manufacturing was the rule to go but now that hipsters invaded the markets making objects with imprecise marks are acceptable again.... what ever floats your boat.
And no, material has a measurable value, to create certain materials its required a set of conditions, some of those conditions are very uncommon and make the material rare or abundant.
Also if you throw me some type of meme social construct you just dum at this point.
I just wanted to type on my keyboard

For me it's the Zeal60.

Stop posting your shitty keyboard, fuck.

stop giving him (you)s then

He posts it anyway with or without (you)

It's perfect. No extra useless keys. Flawlessly dyesubbed high quality pbt keycaps. Tasteful assortment of $50 worth of stickers. Subtle rgb backlighting. Quiet and silky smooth tealios, no obnoxious gay click bar or buckling spring here no sir.

cringe
you're not factoring demand and rarity into your concept of value. physical variables are not all there is to it, numbnuts.

I have that same keycap set.

>demand and rarity
those two factors are worthless if the material in case is easy to obtain, tell this joke to the chinks lords, first they will smile then they will take your job and pump thousands of replicas

Nice! You have good taste. What board did you put them on? I might get a second set.

Are those all stickers on that case or what? How'd you do it if they're not?

and yet people still buy the expensive originals. face it you can print hundreds of copies of starry night, and people wont give a shit about them

they aren't worthless because people are willing to pay for authenticity

First a K65, then a Pok3r.

What 60% wood case would you guys recommend?

and there's the dilemma

Replicas are so good that no one can tell if its original or not if they don't analyze the materials used because the materials are the part where EVERYONE cuts corners.

In the watch industry some professionals are that good making replicas that the manufacturers have to analyze the materials because the manufacturer techniques to replicate the piece are identical and no im not pulling this from my ass.

The cheapest chinkiest one you can find

any high profile ones?
yeah... so?

>chink knockoffs
>anywhere near as good as the originals
good one m8

buy this keycaps for 50$ and you prove me wrong

>gateron browns are better than mx brows
did you say something?

what does that have to do with anything?

why would you choose to print conceptual art vs the bajillion other ram/rem pictures on the internet.

Do you even follow the conversation i was having?

maybe two years ago, but cherries are smoother and wobble way less. There's a reason why cherry is still the consumer standard

yes, you just posted something seemingly unrelated. you have to explain yourself, i can't read you mind

>yeah... so?

either i have those powers

you need to write coherently as well

> not an argument
stay mad

>either i have those powers
mate this is completely incoherent

so?

seems like you've resorted to acting like an utter retard now. sad. i was kind of interested in what you had to say.

dam at first i though that you where stupid, but now i know it for a fact.

>
>seems like you've resorted to acting like an utter retard now. sad. i was kind of interested in what you had to say.
self defeated

I'm not sure if this keyboard is mechanical or not, but I'm sure /mkg/ night like the keyboard I found at work
IBM SpaceSaver II RT3200

what puzzles you so much about the phrase "yeah... so?"
what point were you trying to make by pointing out fake watches?

that was just a counterargument for the argument that people want the original instead of replica not noticing that the replica is cheaper not because people want the original but because its of lower quality. Value for me primarily comes from the materials then manufacturing process and then what ever comes. Artisan keycaps for the most part are build form plastic and painted with plastic adding no real value to them besides fictional fefes thats why i say they are overpriced reddit meme.

Replicas to extract the maximum value cheap out on materials, instead of using 904L htey use regular the parts are replicated with the same precision as the original mening a consumer cant distinguish this so the whole idea of buying original ends up being placebo its trash products like pieces of plastic

very sleepy gona go eat, and then sleep

i completely agree with you in this case, but just the two of us don't control the value of keycaps. if people are willing to pay that much, then they have that value. just like people are willing to pay for original paintings or whatever

massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda-ii-mechanical-keyboard-kit

Please tell me why I shouldn't spend $250 on a keyboard?
Please convince me.

Because you can spend $800 on a kustom.

A warning and a beg for help: My nephew who's visiting bought a Logitech G910 keyboard with Romer G mechanical keys. He's lost the left Menu and CTRL keys. My warning: It seems impossible to find replacement keycaps for it since it uses their own special way of attaching them. And my beg for help: Is there anywhere I can get replacement keycaps?

I'm fairly sure "lost" means somewhere in his room but I doubt they will "turn up".

other than buying another board no there is no way to get replacement keycaps

When somebody says that e.g. the MX Speed has a "shallower acutation distance of just 1.2mm", what does that mean? Does it mean 1.2mm down from where it rests at the top? Or does it mean 1.2mm above bottoming out? Because if there's a total travel of 4mm to bottom out, the latter would mean you actually have to press 2.8mm to actuate.

i believe it means this switch needs to travel 1.2mm to actuate. it has a total travel of 3.4mm

>func kb460
Name a more cost efficient keyboard
>You can't

Thanks for making me feel manly user.

are unicomps any good? kinda tempted by their sun unix layout thing

its the same as an old ibm

Do I get fc660c
convince me!

is it though, I heard they starting slipping in quality