Guitarist Ed O'Brien had hoped Radiohead's fourth album would comprise "snappy", melodic guitar songs...

>Guitarist Ed O'Brien had hoped Radiohead's fourth album would comprise "snappy", melodic guitar songs, but Yorke stated: "There was no chance of the album sounding like that.
>according to the Observer, one critic called the album "a commercial suicide note"
> Mojo wrote that "upon first listen, Kid A is just awful ... Too often it sounds like the fragments that they began the writing process with – a loop, a riff, a mumbled line of text, have been set in concrete and had other, lesser ideas piled on top."

How did Kid A survive?

Other urls found in this thread:

marcelsmusicjournal.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what do you want man

snappy melodic guitar songs

The thing about music journalists over 28 is that they are already past it and don't ever realize it.

Is Ed Mike Love?

What exactly are you asking?

No, because he's not a piece of shit and didn't sabotage the record out of spite. He eventually came around to Thom's vision for the record and put all of his effort into making it good.

kek

Because people expected a rock record. They wanted a rock record.

Kid A/Amnesiac = Thom
In Rainbows = Ed
Moon Shaped Pool = Johnny
Pablo Honey = Colin

what about phil

Poor, poor Colin.

But in all seriousness I would disagree with you and say that Colin's bass playing and Phil's drumming were the most important parts of The King of Limbs, so I'd give him that one.

What about Phil?
Also, it's Jonny. An easy way to remember is "Thom stole Jonny's H"

Because those critics were idiots.

Can't blame them too much though. I was very uncertain about Kid A when it came out- except Ideoteque and How to Disappear Completely, those were obviously great from the first listen.

>Moon Shaped Pool = Johnny

AND IT SHOWS

But who really was in the bunker?

>How did Kid A survive?
p4k.

That's why you should follow Marcel on Marcel's Music Journal

marcelsmusicjournal.com/

All I know is Michael Stipe was hiding underneath it.

Phil is the King of Limbs as they had to get an extra drummer just to get all that drumming on stage.

who cares, women and children first

>I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. Radiohead were hunched over their instruments. Thom Yorke slowly beat on a grand piano, singing, eyes closed, into his microphone like he was trying to kiss around a big nose. Colin Greenwood tapped patiently on a double bass, waiting for his cue. White pearls of arena light swam over their faces. A lazy disco light spilled artificial constellations inside the aluminum cove of the makeshift stage. The metal skeleton of the stage ate one end of Florence's Piazza Santa Croce, on the steps of the Santa Croce Cathedral. Michelangelo's bones and cobblestone laid beneath. I stared entranced, soaking in Radiohead's new material, chiseling each sound into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only sound system for the material for months.

Nah, man, Colin is TKOL.

>tfw saw them live on the Kid A tour and didn't experience anything transcendent
Was fun, though.

Idioteque used to give me headaches.

for real

Did I mention that the author, Brent DiCrescenzo, also gave 0.0 to Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts and Flowers?

Top-notch criticism. Hats off to Pitchfork for keeping it objective, critical, and to the point.

Rock critics expected rock music. Not to mention Kid A is not as accessible as people here say: it takes some time to get the album. Also it is a totally unique sound: at least in my experience. I've never heard anything that sounds similar before

That's not how colons work, user