discogs.com/release/1815870-Kid-A/images
youtube.com/watch?v=c6YkH6nUG8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's the concept

This DICK, nigger

The concept of falling asleep to music?

its about a nuclear bomb going off and what happens afterwards

Albums you were told were concept albums but you realize they actually aren't

No it's actually just an environmental apocalypse, no nukes involved.

it's about 9/11

It's about a very specific feeling.

what's the concept here?

[spoiler]i only listened to this album once[/spoiler]

I think this is enough proof nobody knows what theyre talking about

once i realised this, whatever i want genuinely made me cry

Holy shit. No.

This album blew my mind on the third listen. It's kind of incredible. Being genuine.

It's an ice age apocalypse dipshits

>Thom talks about global warming
>therefore whole album is about global warming
fuck off

>ICE AGE COMIN ICE AGE COMIN

did you read my post

it's about the ice age coming ice age coming

The concept being

Depression and drug addiction, using the metaphor of sex

once you get all the underlying subtext and metanarrative going on in this bad boy, it's a solid 10/10

It's not a concept album, but everything on it works so well together that it kind of feels like one.

>File: tumblr_nlhsir3adc1sk2qobo
>tumblr
kek

that's a theme, not a concept

It's about the first human clone, dipshits.

The first clone. Thom said he believed the first clone would be called Kid Ayou ready for this right here?
>everything in its right place
We are introduced to the world in which Kid A is born. Everything must be in its right place, everyone is anal, it's gloomy, dark and scary
>Kid A
The birth of Kid A/ creation. Listen to the part at 3:05 or so. The robot voice are the robots tending to him
>National Anthem
Presentation of Kid A. Think super evil, dictator walking down stairs, everyone is terrifyed. Also sets mood/ setting. National Anthem, hence national pride in creation of Kid A
>Disappear
Kid A forgotten about, depression, sadness, alone and young in a cruel cruel world
>treefingers
Growing up, out of depression
>optimistic
Young adult trying to make headway in the world as it is, caught up in the hustle bustle, trying to stay afloat
>In Limbo
I'm on your side: his concious is trying to tell him his whole life is fake, everything is wrong, nothing is as it seems. And towards the end, he realizes that it is true and "comes back" to reality
>Idioteque
Some sort of catastrophic event, something terrible happens, possibly not just to Kid A. Starts to lose his mind a little
>Morning Bell
Divorce in the first half, thrown into terrible depression in the second half, walking walking walking, he's just an empty shell going through the motions
>Motion Picture Soundtrack
An Heros, can't take it anymore, the falseness, the divorce, the depression. And the untitled track is him floating to the gates of heaven

Any comments?

explain concept pls

The concept of Kid A becomes extremely apparent when you watch the blips (which are incredible pieces of art I might add). They offer a surreal vision of an apocalypse, where the world has been frozen, deformed creatures jump into pools of blood, business men look up in horror as spirits of genetically modified bears fly overhead, stick figures bleed to death in the snow and pray to giant floating eyeballs...

So I think Kid A is about an apocalypse, based off of the music and the atmosphere these blips provide. In fact, watching these blips made me appreciate the album much more.

the term "concept album" is pretentious. every album can be interpreted as a concept album, people who call their albums concept albums just do it because they want their music to seem more coherent and meaningful than it actually is.

this is fucking stuppid. kid a is such a positive experience to listen to. this is not an actual story of what it is about. it is written abstractly FOR A REASON

haha what

Just cuz you feel it doesnt mean its there

cringe thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

Are you retarded or just non-native English speaker?

I didnt see it at first for a while, but it's totally a concept album.

explain concept pls

I don't know about these "Blips" you're referring to yet, I'm guessing they're short video pieces or something that were on some special DVD edition of the album. Maybe.

Meanwhile, here's art from the album sessions to contribute to the thread:
discogs.com/release/1815870-Kid-A/images

>short video pieces
yeah, they were made to tease the album:
youtube.com/watch?v=c6YkH6nUG8o