/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >GREAT NEWS
All versions of uTorrent 2.x and higher BTFO. bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
If you can load localhost:10000 , even if it says 'invalid request', you are vulnerable.
Set net.discoverable to false under Advanced and disable WebUI, restart client.
Some argue the exploit actually doesn't lead to anything in 2.2.1, and is completely absent from 1.6.1. But that shit's from 2007.

If this worries you then switch to
↳qStalledmeme: qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3224.0.html
↳Deldonteventhinkabouthavingover100torrents: github.com/Laharah/deluge-uTorrentImport
↳OtherWebUIcancer: btpd, Transmission Daemon + Remote GUI
↳Non-curry: rTorrent

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/issues/443
github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/313
sourceforge.net/projects/transmissiondaemon/
techspot.com/downloads/6551-transmissionqt-win.html
schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html
localhost:10000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get in here

why hasn't AB blacklisted uT 2.2.1 yet?

show me on the doll where she touched you

Because there's no sign of an exploit?

If you blacklist clients for potentially having vulnerabilities, that would be all of them.

rtorrent + flood is the best thing ever.

it's off topic but I'm saving money for a nas to start seeding. so far I found cheap (new) models such as "Buffalo LinkStation 220DE" for 79€ and "Synology DS115J NAS 1-Slot" for 91€. I want something compatible with freenas (since it offers transmission plugin by default). is this a good idea? are there cheaper used alternatives I can find on ebay? I don't need HDDs

github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/issues/443
>2016+2
>not fixed yet

Go buy an old office PC and install Debian on it.

yeah I had a look at freenas and it requires x64 and 8gb ram minimum. guess that's a no. right now I'm seeding with an headless pi zero and it's fast and responsive enough to actually seed and stream content. it started seeding 3 months ago and it's still rocking but it has only 12gb available (it's a pi I'm using to downlaod and seed current anime seasons) it's not meant to actually seed files for long times (it stops seeding when ratio=1.0). I was thinking of making a nas with a pi 3 since it has 4 usb ports and 100mbps ethernet

What said. You probably have an old pc or laptop laying around somewhere. You can use that for now until you save up for a NAS. Not to sound like a shill, but Synology is pretty great, despite its high cost

another day another 200mb upload on red

the mental kid got btfo

maybe a proper nas is too much for my use.. I was looking at pi 3 specs but usb 2 looks slow with an average of 50 mb/s speed.. what do you think?

Depends on how much stuff you actually torrent. I have a proper NAS solely because I wanted a low power consumption box to throw a bunch of hard drives in. My actual Plex server and torrents run off my main PC. Do they really not make a Pi with USB 3.0? The 50 mb/s that USB 2 gives you will probably bottleneck your torrents assuming you have a decent internet connection

as I said to the other user I have a pi zero seeding right now but it stores everything on its micro sd. I don't know how much faster micro sd is.. I have a 100/20 mbps internet but I don't think I can use all the upstream bandwidth because I'm not the only person using internet (I don't want to cause latency to other people). I have a capped upstream speed to 100 kb/s but I don't think it will be enough for large quantities of torrents, right?

another day another 10mb uploaded to red

another day another 10TB uploaded to bakabt

> install transmission-daemon because it is supposed to be lightweight.
> load 200 torrents on it
> already taking up 250 mb of my ram. Qbt only takes up 40 mb with the same torrents.

Did I do something wrong? The fuck is up with this program? This is with all of the torrents not active, btw.

meanwhile my ram usage doesn't even hit 10% with over 8k torrents.

how is it possible for someone to be so based?

Deluge has more aggressive peering, so do you move your completed downloads to rtorrent once the file finishes? Or let it seed in Deluge for a few extra days

>install BiglyBT (formerly Vuze (formerly Azureus))
>it's taking up 400MB ram because fucking java bloat on top of windows bloat
>load 5000 torrents in it for a total of 3TB
>it's taking up 600MB ram while seeding at over 20MBps
Scalability is a thing. Now what's your memory use on empty and with 1000+ torrents?

How do I into good ratio at bakabt ?
I wanna seed something!

:(

When it was empty it was close to zero. The only changes I made to the config is that I set the global and per torrent connections to a large number. I also go rid of queueing.

Oh well, guess I'll just stick with buggy ass qbt for a while.

>global and per torrent connections to a large number

This is always really fucking stupid. You don't need to do this, especially for private trackers. Per torrent for public trackers should be between 50 and 100 because of all the shitty connections you will connect to.

Per torrent for private should be like...10 to 30 because the connections will mostly be pretty good to backbone good.

all 1080p is freeleech, it's not hard

You edit libtorrent to report 1 * 1000 instead of just 1 as upload.

Also no, you won't get caught.

just join ashitbies

github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/313

HOW TO GRIND BONUS POINS IN AHD:
1. Get on PrivateHD (easier than getting in AHD)
2. Download a freeleech TV remux
3. Upload to AHD
4. Nobody's going to download it so you get the single seeder bonus

I JUST GOT BANNED FROM AB WTF

>AHD
found the loser

>le not hdb meme

Go to BHD's IRC, see if you're eligible for an invite, and if you are, then ask for one.

what does it say?

You probably installed the 2.92 or 2.93 version for Windows, which is buggy.

You have to use this for Windows. It's maintained by one of the most active Transmission contributors.

It's been custom built using a 2.7x build that is known to be stable.

I use this all day and it works perfectly.

that utorrent is not fixable, and to switch

Still remained whitelisted. from what i gathered, ab staff seems to be contemplating a grace period for those switching over. I wouldn't give it more than 2-3 days before it gets blacklisted tho.

hope so

>utorrent finally btfo

Rukia told me this is false whom should i trust?

how do i change all my shit to qstalledmeme without doing it manually?

>You probably installed the 2.92 or 2.93 version for Windows, which is buggy.

I am pissed off at the developers for allowing people to download these. They say that Transmission for Windows is not stable yet but they keep fucking posting these releases with barely any notice that they are not ready for production and people complain about it thinking that Transmission is shit when they are using an alpha or beta build of the Windows port.

The only 2 stable versions of Transmission for Windows are:

1) The 3rd party Qt release which is now discontinued. It's stable enough and is a regular GUI install.

techspot.com/downloads/6551-transmissionqt-win.html

2) The custom built daemon for Windows, which is the absolute best and most stable version currently available.

utorrent has been btfo forever, that is why based spaghetti refused to whitelist it.

I don't want to use qbitshit, 2.2.1 just werked, fuck this

>trusting the AAC shitter

>already taking up 250 mb of my ram

I am running over 500 torrents on Transmission. 88 MB.

stop riding his dick. beats is worthless.

>github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/313

Thanks for that link. I was using the raspbian stretch package, which seems to be the one giving the problem. I'll just stick with qbt or rtorrent for now until that gets fixed.

Its a shame, since I had the opinion that transmission was the least buggy of all of the torrent clients. Guess I was wrong.

Can somebody recommend me a torrent client that has the option to NOT create a subfolder when I download something? I'm on uTorrent right now and tried to switch to qBittorrent but it didn't have this option so I dropped it.

I'm running Windows 10. Thanks.

that link shows you how to work round it

TIL beats didn't get enough hugs as a child

Are you retarded? Just do the workaround in the link and you're fine.

that option was introduced in qbittorrent v4, so if you previously tried v3 you. ugh want to give it another go.

>you. ugh
*you might

>I had the opinion that transmission was the least buggy of all of the torrent clients.

If you had read the link, its not about Transmission, but an issue with the dependencies. They show you how to fix it. Just fix it, faggot.

Do you even read, nigger?

I know right? That MIA soundtrack is getting me so much upload.

Does RED have the new 6ix9ine album

Thanks I will

I am on APL and RED but I never download anything from RED as APL has all the same music. With bonus points I get I don't have to worry about ratio at all.

RED is only good for using as a stepping stone to other trackers. Besides that it's worthless.

What is ashitbies ?

hello insane pooploop spammer. how are you today?

I'm going to seed all the TV remuxes to fuck your plans

wtf all my AB torrents went red and I can't login

Yeah, I know, but I prefer to have everything handled by my package manager so I don't have to worry about upgrades or maintenance.

>triggered
Still obsessing over music trackers?

Probably meant AB

I'm calling my lawyer.

That dude cannot handle rejection.

t. buttblasted pooloo staff

>Still obsessing over music trackers?
says the user who posts

Sorry, user, that's not me. I'm just an user who don't give a shit about weebo music trackers.

beats, my man, you were banned. move on. begging them to notice you is sad

tfw I remember when utorrent was a good option

no rename though, dealbreaker for cross seeding

Never?
>µTorrent Initial release date: September 18, 2005
>Vuze Initial release date: June 2003

I'm running thousands. ~100MB

Vuze was around that early? All those wasted years.

yes you will don't be a faggot

2.92/3 isn't the most refined but as long as you don't fuck shit up it runs great

use symlinks like every other person in the universe.

but I'm on windows

and?

use schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html if you are too dumb to do it from a command promp

you can handle up on symlinks on windows, user....

the fuck you doing on Sup Forums then faggot

it used to be called Azureus if that jogs the memory

>If you can load localhost:10000
OP is nothing but a troll and not even a good one
PANIC OVER, I DONT USE WEBMIN
Thank you for your shitpost but I have to go now byeeeeeeeeeee

Sysops are already considering banning 2.x. There's no escaping this.

>tfw waiting for invite.

This. I have heard from a very good source that APOLLO will soon again be stepping up to the plate by removing all versions of uTorrent from the client whitelist. Some of Charlie Team are working on a migration script for Windows/Linux to move you to QBITTORRENT.

Anyone here remember utorrent before it cot taken over by the NSA or gorhill as it is now known

No

Yes

I remember utorrent when it was useful

How do I do it Sup Forums?
It doesn't recheck it.

/marked/

Have you considered using a non-hook client?